Second Roman leader: Spicio Africanus

The file is: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Rome.zip

SECOND LEADER FOR ROME

This mod adds a new leader for Rome and doesn't remove the old one.
Enjoy! :D

Title and leader: General Spicio Africanus
Leader bonuses: Spiritual and Expansive
Leader favourite civic: Representation

Nice...I like having more options for leaders. I do think 'Imperator' would be better suited to Spicio than General though. (Imperator is a title, given to a victorious general. It also implies the status of a triumphator and the glory of a great military leader.)

I would also think the he was more of a militaristic and expansive leader than spiritual and expansive.

What do you think?

i still find that his shoulders are quite thin, he should have "higher" and "bigger" shoulders...

it goes like this
O
/\

it should be like this

_O_

he was a fighter, and he was used to wear an armor, so he should have the morphology of somebody strong...

LAnkou said:
i still find that his shoulders are quite thin, he should have "higher" and "bigger" shoulders...

it goes like this
O
/\

it should be like this

_O_

he was a fighter, and he was used to wear an armor, so he should have the morphology of somebody strong...

I've tried to do that before, the problem is put the character on camera :)

higgins534 said:
Nice...I like having more options for leaders. I do think 'Imperator' would be better suited to Spicio than General though. (Imperator is a title, given to a victorious general. It also implies the status of a triumphator and the glory of a great military leader.)

I would also think the he was more of a militaristic and expansive leader than spiritual and expansive.

What do you think?

I don't think the title of the leader is import in Civ4, I mean, this title just appears on the civilopedia entry screen. But if u can u can edit the file Rome\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_CivLeaders.xml then u remove "General" for "Emperor" or another title ;) :)
His bonuses is easily moddable too, go to Rome\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml and then remove "<TraitType>TRAIT_SPIRITUAL</TraitType>" and add "<TraitType>TRAIT_AGGRESSIVE</TraitType>" on the right place (Spicio Africanus option). "Aggressive" is the new "Militaristic" I think. :D Good mod.

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
I've tried to do that before, the problem is put the character on camera :)

I don't think the title of the leader is import in Civ4, I mean, this title just appears on the civilopedia entry screen. But if u can u can edit the file Rome\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_CivLeaders.xml then u remove "General" for "Emperor" or another title ;) :)
His bonuses is easily moddable too, go to Rome\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml and then remove "<TraitType>TRAIT_SPIRITUAL</TraitType>" and add "<TraitType>TRAIT_AGGRESSIVE</TraitType>" on the right place (Spicio Africanus option). "Aggressive" is the new "Militaristic" I think. :D Good mod.

Thanx for that...I will change it. I keep confusing my Civ 3 terms with Civ 4. lol

it goes like this
O
/\

it should be like this

_O_

How do you know that Scipio Africanus wasn't of a slighter build? He very well could have been tall and thin. No luck in finding the information on the internet anyway so far. :(
Anyway if they ever do Augustus Caesar he was known to have been sickly and had a bad constitution.

Found a typo. His name is spelled "Scipio Africanus" not "Spicio Africanus." Plus he never would have been called Emperor. Imperator is what military leaders were called in Republican Rome.

One problem with aggressive for rome (and the reason caeser isn't aggressive probably) is that praetorians would be absolutely impossible to contend with. They're already hard to stop, with 10% extra power and the ability to diversify promotions that combat 1 gives no other civ will be able to field anything to stop them until macemen at the earliest.

Dracleath said:
One problem with aggressive for rome (and the reason caeser isn't aggressive probably) is that praetorians would be absolutely impossible to contend with. They're already hard to stop, with 10% extra power and the ability to diversify promotions that combat 1 gives no other civ will be able to field anything to stop them until macemen at the earliest.

I think you have a point but he realy should be agressive he and he's son/father (I don't know if this is Scipio Minor or Major, in the end they both got the title Africanus) were the key generals against Carthage, without Scipio Major ,who was a briliant general, Hannibal would probably have won the second punic war, so thats a reason for agressive. And Scipio Minor was the general who attacked and burned down Carthago(the city)(quite argressive don't you think) so thats another reason for agressive. And they didn't have anything to do with politcs and government (with Ceaser did) so thats a reason why he should be agressive while Ceasar isn't:D :D

That he is spiritual is good because both major and minor had a great spritual influence on the people around them

Mirc said:
Just a question: isn't he Scipio?

u r right ;)

JanusTalaiini said:
Color me n00bish, but what do I do with these files in order to use this leader?

move the "Rome" folder into "mod" folder of your Civ4. start the game, go to "advanced", "load a mod" and choice "Rome" :)

I think a better choice for a second Roman leader would be someone from the high imperial period, say Trajan or Hadrian, or if from the Republican period one of the Gracchi.

Rome is my favorite civilization i like your work very much civarmy.I like that when you play with this leader rome dont have anarchy :).

Great Job! I was disapointed that Firaxis didn't have a second leader for Rome, but did for such near barbarians as the mongols. Thank you!

Top Bottom