SG-Team Army unit

Leaven

I like the yellow ones...
I know this looks like a MUnit, but it's actually an army which is why it's posted here (Plotinus can move it if he disagrees). I made this for a Stargate SG-1 mod I'm building for personal use, but I thought I'd share it in case anyone else can use it as a modern infantry battalion or something (plus is was kinda tough to make with that special army palette so I'm proud of it ;)). For those who know the show, I wanted to be able to build my own teams out of different units, and also to be able to name them, without using a single MUnit. In the screen-shot the Firaxis Marine is the loaded unit, and you can see how the new army fits around it:

In-Game SG-Team.JPG

Download Here

EDIT: I forgot to give credit where it's due. Neither unit used to make this team is mine. The Modern Infantry units are by Balou, and the Black SAW Gunner was created by NavyDawg. Sorry to both of you and thanks for these wonderful units.

Very nice unit.

That's an excellent unit. I haven't looked at the animations yet but it seems like you could make that into a great regular unit as well.

That's an excellent unit. I haven't looked at the animations yet but it seems like you could make that into a great regular unit as well.

SoAB, if you mean individual unit by the term "regular", they already are.

@ Leaven, you really need to give credit to the original unit makers here.

Also, I have to say that my SAW gunner is much bigger than the other units, and does not look right with them.

@ Leaven, you really need to give credit to the original unit makers here.

You're absolutely right, sorry about that. The original units are NavyDawg's Black SAW Gunner and Balou's Modern Infantry. And of course, loaded into the army is the standard Civ3 Marine. I'll update the first post as well. Again sorry NavyDawg.

Also, I have to say that my SAW gunner is much bigger than the other units, and does not look right with them.

Actually, I did that on purpose. In the TV show, one of the main characters that make up SG-1 is a big black Jaffa named Teal'c, who on several occasions has carried a SAW instead of their standard P-90's for extra firepower. Even though this is supposed to represent any SG Team, the SAW unit was my tribute to his character. Plus, I wanted the team to have a couple of different units in it, and when it comes to modern infantry, yours are easily the best.

Awesome, just one question... Wheres Capt./Maj./Col. Carter?

See in the screenie that lone marine below the army? That one was named Sam Carter but since I hadn't built the Pentagon in the game that pic came from, she wouldn't fit in the army :rolleyes:

Or, I suppose you could have meant why isn't there a unit in the army that represents her? Well, army units have a special palette which limits how many colors you can use in the unit; and with 3 different units mixed in, the quality of the colors went downhill fast, so I opted for just 2 since most SG teams don't have women on them anyway.

Top Bottom