SGOTM 01 - Peanut

BW thats not good, hopefully she doesn't have copper near mosscow. IF she does have copper we might need to get a few WC over there and pillage the lands. If we prevent her from having copper than at best she will have archers battling in the field potentially 3.0 vs 5.5. Worse case scenario is that she has bronze hooked up quickly and builds a spearmen. Then we will have to go builder untill we have BW.

@Phabuck - I would suggest private messaging AlanH and see what he says.

7. 2590BC
Settler built and start Barracks. Settler moves toward river site.
S warrior discovers St. Pet is on hill S of cows, just north of Moscow.
I have to go to a meeting this evening. You have about 3 hours before I am back.
N warrior moves to protect settler.

8. 2560BC
Learn Writing, start Mining.
Hinduism founded in a distant land.
Worker pre-builds road on second cow.

9. 2530BC
Memphis founded. Worker starts pasture on horses. Worker started in Memphis. Open borders with Cathy. Move S warrior to explore her lands.

10. 2500BC
Nothing of interest.

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm1/Peanut_SG001_BC2500_01.Civ4SavedGame

I guess I am up to bat. Another 24-48 hour discussion period should be in order. I won't be able to play for 48 hours from this post; but I will play immeditaly once I return from my trip.
Paulk

I really don't like building a worker in Memphis, instead of growing to size 3 first. At size 3 we could build the worker in just 7 turns! I'd much prefer to be building a Granary (which will be quite useful when we get Slavery).

I agree, I will change to a Granary immediately. And will contunue to research mining and then to BW. Build barracks in THebes. Have the worker finish the horse pasture then finish the cow pasture. I'll move the north warrior to keep it so there is as little fog in the north. Finally move the South Warrior through Cathys Land and explore. Sounds good or anything that I should change?

Wow way to participate in disscusion everyone.

Paulk said:
I agree, I will change to a Granary immediately. And will contunue to research mining and then to BW. Build barracks in THebes. Have the worker finish the horse pasture then finish the cow pasture. I'll move the north warrior to keep it so there is as little fog in the north. Finally move the South Warrior through Cathys Land and explore. Sounds good or anything that I should change?

Don't forget we need a road for the horses. Also, I think we should consider Masonry before Bronze Working, so we can add a quarry on the stone and produce War Chariots more quickly. I haven't timed it out, but I think this would come at about the right time for our worker to build the quarry after the cows (and that if we do BW first, the quarry will be significantly delayed). Of course, BW is useful for chopping and rushing, plus spotting Catherine's bronze (I sure hope it's not the mine right next to her capital), so we could go either way.

I will also build the road after the horse pasture, of course. For technologies I feel like BW would be more useful. We would be able to start pop rushing, forest chopping, find where Cathy and our copper is. And since we aren't going for any early wonders (as it stands), masonry isn't that useful we only have it so we can work the stone and thats it. BTW I don't find walls all that practical as we will be offensive. We are spirtual so we can change civics right away.

Alright then ill play my turn tonight.

Paulk said:
For technologies I feel like BW would be more useful. We would be able to start pop rushing, forest chopping, find where Cathy and our copper is.

True, but it's also more expensive. Every turn earlier that we get Masonry is one turn sooner we can build the quarry, which is then +2 hammers/turn. If we accelerate Masonry by 18 turns, that's 36 hammers, which is 1 extra WC. Against that, chopping sooner doesn't really get us more hammers than chopping later, and it's not clear how soon we're going to have enough pop that we actually want to rush with them.

But I can see it either way, I have no problem with your preference.

ainwood said:
I believe she had that mined before she had slavery, so it was probably mined for production.

Yes, certainly. But the evil map designer who edited the map could easily have put bronze there, knowing she would be likely to mine it right at the start.

once the barracks is done what should be made in THebes? A worker or should I start producing WCs or another Settler?

Paulk said:
once the barracks is done what should be made in THebes? A worker or should I start producing WCs or another Settler?

Start making WCs, I think. Will the Barracks be done in your 10 turns?

Mephis switches to granary. North Warrior (NWar) heals. South Warrior (SWar) moves southeast. Worker making horse pasture, still.

2. 2440BC

SWar continues SE.

3. 2410BC
SWar moves SE. Move NWar south. Heading for the desert hill west of Thebes.

4. 2380BC
SWar moves SW. Thebes grows to 3 pop. Start working stone. Barracks done in 6 turns.

5. 2350BC
Horse pasture done start road. Mining Discovered. Start Bronze Working. Barbarian Warrior spotted West of Thebes. SWar moves SE.

6. 2320BC
SWar moves SE. Barb goes back into fog.

7. 2290BC
SWar moves SE onto hill. Memphis culture expands. Road complete horses connected.

8. 2260BC
Barb contunues moving around west of Thebes not very aggresive. Worker moves to finish cow pasture. NWar continues to move towards desert hill. SWar moves east onto sugar.

9. 2230BC
SWar moves SE to forest.

10. 2200BC
Move NWar onto desert hill. Fish spotted. (Good food city location can reach clams and fish.) Thebes completes Barracks start on WCs. Move SWar onto a hill I can see some trees.

Got it. I will probably play on Monday. Why is the worker not doing anything?

It's pretty clear we are alone with Catherine on this continent. Of course there may be others reachable before Astronomy, we haven't ruled that out yet. Good news is there's lots of room, if we kill her we'll be able to grow like crazy.

I am inclined to work floodplains instead of stone, to grow our capital faster. Food is as good as hammers, because we'll have Slavery soon.

Top Bottom