SGOTM 11 Rules Discussion

Okay, thanks. But are they private or can another team look?
They are public threads. The rules are that we only look in our own team thread until the game is over. AlanH knows when you're naughty, so click carefully... ;)

Okay, thanks.

Don't worry to ask silly questions. It's better that each of you understand the rules fully before you start the game. There will be misunderstandings. And there are surely plenty of players who think they understand the rules but have not. Yep, I was one of those in the start of my CivFanatics career :blush:

do the 4 GPersons and the 4 warriors stand on the fur or you can have them anywhere on the map?

Is not much ask to have none of our rivals in FR?

"You have the welcoming party of four great people and four warriors standing ready on the only fur in the world."

It means on the fur.

And yes, the Free Religion condition will be tricky to achieve indeed :mwaha:

So, this should mean that we can declare war on the same two AI's multiple times.

"No more than two AIs have a 'you declared war on us' negative modifier towards you."

Yes, you can declare multiple times on the same two AI's.

Are we allowed to have other units on the fur tile on the turn of victory (like archers or machine guns, etc.)?

Are we allowed to build a fort or city on the fur tile (as long as our cities have access to fur of course)?

The required resources can be obtained through trade with the AIs, correct?

This is going to be a fun pre-game, game, and post-game :lol:.

Yes, yes, yes and yes

...you have to reach all of the goals and win UN victory right?

Almost right:

"Your aim in this game is to welcome in Eldine by securing a cultural or diplomatic victory that satisfies the following conditions:"

How long does the 'You declared war on us' modifier last, or is it permanent??

It's permanent.

With that said, is it possible to eliminate all but 2 civs, both of whom have a "YDWOU" penalty?

Regarding Ivory, even if you research Idustrialism, making it obsolete, your civilization still has "access" to the resource (i.e. is shows up in the city screen), no?

No - "Every AI is still alive and running a state religion."

If I remember correct, there's a bug that let you trade for obsolete resources that are obsolete for you but not the opponent. This will not suffice. Don't learn Industrialism. Don't make Ivory obsolete.

They are private in the sense that players in other teams are not allowed to read your thread. Non-players are allowed to read though.

Is not much ask to have none of our rivals in FR? usually those victory conditions take place when all the AI have Liberalism and once they switch to FR there's no way to bribe them to adopt a religion, mainly if FR is their FC.
I was looking in the War Academy and I spied a solution. :scan:

I was looking in the War Academy and I spied a solution. :scan:
I've found nothing there, but i can have sent my spies in the wrong paths...

Still, it's an element of luck.
- What if an AI switches to FR the turn before your 3rd city becomes Legendary?
- Or the turn between the UN vote and the result?

No, the State Rreligion thing is plain wrong.

I'm thinking that the designers wouldn't make this impossible. There has to be a way around the State religion issue. We just need to put our Fifth Element minds together and find that solution.

At least it won't be 100 turns after MW finds the solution this time ...

What I fear is the randomness of this condition, not the ability of a team.

We decided to avoid Huts and Events to reduce randomness.

This condition opens a big random issue.
What if one of your victims (if you declared war to a neighbor) decides to switch to FR?

You can say:"be peaceful all the game".

But if you're the worst enemy of someone, you have no chances, even if you never touched him.

The art of winning involves first foreseeing and second preventing such possibilities. :goodjob:
Gently: see above.

My gut answer: Bullsh**

Please, Blubmuz, this thread is mainly about open questions regarding the rules. If you don't like them, play your own game.

Generally, a rule means that the player(s) need to adapt their game to fulfil this rule. HOW you want to fulfil this rule is a discussion between you and your team-mates, not here in a public thread.

To be clear for newcomers, the team threads are "private", but they are NOT technologically locked with access limited to the team. The privacy is by an honor system with enforcement (like speed limits on the road ... your car can go faster, but we trust you not to. Come to think of it, I hope the SGOTM thread honor system works better than that! :lol: ;)) Players or consultants who are posting in a team thread or otherwise advising the team do not read other team threads.

Beware accidental ways to wander into another teams thread ...

Clicking on another team name in the current status table on the results page (and the related clicking on a save date which automatically opens the save, IIRC)

Being careless with your cursor trying to open your own in the forum

Seeing your team thread as the latest post in the forum, and clicking on it there just as another team's post becomes the latest post ...

dV

You may ask here for clarification of the rules of the competition or of this scenario.

This is not a "pre-game discussion" thread for analysing the possible strategies for dealing with those rules. That happens when you are allocated to a team, and your team thread opens for business. You then work out your team strategies out of sight of your competitors.

I assume the game design is such that no AI can wipe out another AI before we meet them? In theory it is possible to lose the game before even meet all the AI.

I would also assume if any Ai colony or player colony was formed the same would be true. That they must survive and share your religion.

I assume the game design is such that no AI can wipe out another AI before we meet them? In theory it is possible to lose the game before even meet all the AI.

I would also assume if any Ai colony or player colony was formed the same would be true. That they must survive and share your religion.

I'm afraid we cannot provide such an assurance. The effort of exploration is a strategic choice that you as a team decides upon. We're not guaranteeing everyone to win. It's up to you how you want to play the game. Keep in mind that your submission will still count as a victory as long as you win a cultural or diplomatic victory.

There are no requirements on sharing religions.

A question?
Do all other conditions should meat on turn of victory condition, or any time after?
Wording is unclear to me, not been native English speaker, But if I understand correctly, after securing victory condition we can continue to play until all other conditions are meat?

Who is this Goddess of Peace, Eldine? :love: :worship: :bowdown: :queen:
A short google search didn't find anything related.

And why doesn't CFC have an emoticon for peace? What? You think Civ is a War Game?

A question?
Do all other conditions should meat on turn of victory condition, or any time after?
Wording is unclear to me, not been native English speaker, But if I understand correctly, after securing victory condition we can continue to play until all other conditions are meat?

No we need to meet all of the conditions when the victory screen is triggered. So the turn you either get 3 legendary cities or the turn you win the UN diplo vote, you have to have the resources, great people, and warriors lined up. Plus that state religion requirement.

A question?

cultural or diplomatic victory that satisfies the following conditions:
  • Every AI is still alive and running a state religion.
  • All your cities have access to fur, dye, silk and ivory.
  • You have the welcoming party of four great people and four warriors standing ready on the only fur in the world. (The great people can be of any type)
  • You are running a state religion which has been spread to every one of your cities.
  • No more than two AIs have a 'you declared war on us' negative modifier towards you.

The winner of the competition is the team that secures the earliest (measured by date) cultural or diplomatic victory where all these conditions are satisfied on the turn of your victory.

Seems clear to me.
On turn you win Diplomacy or Cultural victory, you need to also:
have fur, dye, silk and ivory resouces in all your cities,
8 designated units on the fur tile
and meet the other conditions above.

a) Mutineer, thanks for asking - it is best to ask whenever in doubt
b) I do not have the authority to answer. Only Eldine's true priests: DynamicSpirit, Erkon and AlanH can speak for her with authority.

---
edit - shyuhe answered sooner and more succinctly;)

Seems clear to me.
On turn you win Diplomacy or Cultural victory, you need to also:
have fur, dye, silk and ivory resouces in all your cities,
8 designated units on the fur tile
and meet the other conditions above.
Might be worth clarifying the meaning of "turn you win" ... is that the turn when you generate the conditions for victory, or the turn when the victory is announced or awarded (although those might not be different for non-military victories, I suppose)

Maybe the question is fulfull condition on the turn you pull the trigger on victory, or on the turn that the gun actually fires? The AI gets a say in between those two turns, doesn't it?

dV

@ LowtherCastle: If Murky Waters is not reconstituting for this game, why don't you come and play for Gypsy Kings this time? ;)

Unless you already have an invite from Frederiksberg ... :lol:

(or maybe the Russians?)

dV

Top Bottom