Shiggs Earth

All the AI's are set to Prince. Firaxis default is actually Settler :blush: The only way to change it is to load the map up in worldbuilder, with the mod activated of course. Or if you meant on regular maps, pretty much the same thing, you will have to change it in worldbuilder. Or make a minimod that changes the default difficulty level.

Hey Shigg.... I am working on making a huge Earth Map with a silightly enlarged europe/med... Got the basic landmasses done and was wondering if you would interested in it for this project?

Nice work Shigg, really enjoyed the game.

However there's a problem with the NEW city-states.
I think there's something wrong with their unit building script or something.
Because they didnt recognise themselves as city-states, so they built a hell lot of settlers, and of course they cant create any new cities, so they ended up having a lot of settlers in their territory doing nothing.

Hope this helps on perfecting this wonderful mod.

Hey Shigg.... I am working on making a huge Earth Map with a silightly enlarged europe/med... Got the basic landmasses done and was wondering if you would interested in it for this project?

Yes for sure. What would you like me to contribute? I can do maps, but really I'd prefer sticking to editing the data, maybe even code. I can do some 2d art as well.

Nice work Shigg, really enjoyed the game.

However there's a problem with the NEW city-states.
I think there's something wrong with their unit building script or something.
Because they didnt recognise themselves as city-states, so they built a hell lot of settlers, and of course they cant create any new cities, so they ended up having a lot of settlers in their territory doing nothing.

Hope this helps on perfecting this wonderful mod.

Yes, there is something wrong, I tested it myself and you are right. :( I'll look at it and see what I can do.

Interesting, maybe the City States are not set as MINOR_CIV? Because barbs and city-states have the Settler UnitClass overriden to nothing, and that's why they can't build any.

They are set as minor civ so I'm at a loss until I investigate it more.

So you would prefer Sidon there and ancient ruins on the map? I can make a new city state named Carthage, no need to replace :)
I might edit that area and add Greece, everybody seems to want them ;)
yes you are right. I think Africa needs more action as well. Carthage and Aksum sound great :)

Yes, please. :D (Kush wasn´t a city, Meroe/Merawe was Nubian/Kuhorsehockye capital.)

They are set as minor civ so I'm at a loss until I investigate it more.

You could remove the No-Settler tag from Carthage so it can found some more. ;)

Also I'm in the middle of creating a Spanish civ, truth be told I'm already done, just need to edit some text and maybe add a button or two. Any thoughts on adding them and removing my Madrid city state?

If you add the Spanish Madrid should be on their city list, I reckon. Can add Lisbon (Portugal was ruled by Spain from 1580-1640 and originally one of the Northern Christian principalities that resisted Moorish conquest) and Ceuta (across from Gibralra´s Rock) if you want. ;)

interesting JEELEN, thanks.

I figured out why the stupid AI city states were building settlers. They are allowed to by default!?! Yet the city state AI's don't know what to do with them. If you set their expansion flavor to anything but 0, i think they will eventually build one.

So it looks like maybe Firaxis was already planning on allowing city states to found more then one city, they just haven't given it the proper AI yet. I honestly think that transferred over from some of the entries I copied in original files. I didn't change much at all except some names.
Spoiler :

They build military now, in fact Karakorum beat Tyre to its first military unit. I had a scout, warrior, and 2 triremes camping out at 3 of the 5, and one already existing city state to compare, and they all did fine. I also confirmed that Sydney is there :p

I'll upload a new version soon with the changes.

Yes for sure. What would you like me to contribute? I can do maps, but really I'd prefer sticking to editing the data, maybe even code. I can do some 2d art as well.

Just what your doing now but using my map instead of the default one you are using now... figured you did a great job with the resourses and adding the civs and cities states which is where I am not so sure on so if I supply another map you could help flush it out... I should be able to get most of the features done tonight... then I will upload it here so you can take a crack at it.

sure, might be a few days before I'm done though.

Edited first post

Version 2 of Shiggs Earth is now available on the Mod Hub. Mod buddy is acting buggy again and won't let me remove the old one right now, so be sure to get the correct one (v2).

I added Sidon, and also created Carthage and Aksum minor civs and they are all on the map now. The minors building settlers bug should be resolved. I didn't do many resource tweaks this time so just let me know if you see something that could use some tweaks. Thanks and enjoy,

Edit: finally got the old one removed :crazyeye:

How do you remove an old mod from ModBrowser? I tried but couldn't find a way, so I just set it to private. But I hate clutter :p

So, I'm guessing in my mod Carthage could be tied to Rome? And Aksum to Babylon or what?

I meant to say make it private. I only made it private, I don't know how to remove it completely.

Carthage with Rome yes, Aksum probably Egypt, but I guess it could be Babylon too.

Ok here it is Shigg... This is a hand map Huge Earth Map with an Enlarged Europe and Mediterranean (had to shorten alaska and eastern siberia). Got most of terrian and rivers done... though it could probably be tweaked some more. Havent put in the jungle or forest yet so you could see the features better... let me know what ya think and tweak it to your hearts content.

Attachments

• New_Huge_Earth.rar
    8.2 KB · Views: 148
Great stuff, thank you for the update.

So much more fun playing as Japan now :)

Ok here it is Shigg... This is a hand map Huge Earth Map with an Enlarged Europe and Mediterranean (had to shorten alaska and eastern siberia). Got most of terrian and rivers done... though it could probably be tweaked some more. Havent put in the jungle or forest yet so you could see the features better... let me know what ya think and tweak it to your hearts content.

Ok, so do you want me to place all the civs, and whatever city states that fit well? I'll probably do the resources kinda like I did mine, mostly from memory, but I did go back and reference every now and then.

Great stuff, thank you for the update.

So much more fun playing as Japan now :)

your welcome!

So, I'm currently playing as Egypt, and I'm aiming for a diplomatic/cultural victory. I have currently 5 votes for me (Myself, Madrid, Carthage, Aksum, and Cape Town). I recently fought off a dual Arabian/Ottoman advance (Well, more like Arabian, as the Ottomans just stayed in Istanbul and masturbated instead). The biggest problem? I was in the Renaissance and I haven't even researched Iron Working yet. My Spearmen, plus a Chariot or two, were able to hold the advance off, however, mostly because Arabia also didn't send Swordmen, either (As a note, most of the world was in late classical/early medieval, and I was in early Renaissance. Yes, I still didn't have Iron Working by then. Laugh if you want to.) I probably would have been crushed if they did, though. I was able to steal Mecca by having a chariot bombard it from Africa, then sending a Spearman to capture it. By then, the Ottomans had agreed to a white peace, and Arabia gave up after Mecca was "liberated" by us Egyptians.

I then tried conquering Sidon, especially since only Arabia (Whom now relocated to Mesopotamia and are pretty much out of the game de facto) cares about them at all, but the lack of Swordmen to defend my Archers (Turns out Spear Vs. Spear usually gets both units killed, I win the fights, and kill Sidon's Spear, and Sidon's bombardment kills the Spear), plus me refusing to bring siege units, ruined my plan, so I declared peace. I'm planning on making them my allies soon.

France, as you always say, dominates Europe, though Rome controls the Balkans and seems to be able to hold its ground if needed. England also went the same route I did and befriended Scandinavia, so France would need to fight a two front war against England. Ottomans went towards Russia (Whom were my allies but in name, and closest friends) after our war, and won, so I'm guessing Suleiman really hates my guts or something. Both losing nations are still around, or I would try to liberate them for the votes. Scouting in Africa also shows India only with its capitol, with Persia with all the other cities. I didn't actually see this happen, so its only a guess. I'm hoping to see how the Far East goes.

It's a really heated game right now. I'm currently beelining to Telegram so I can get Christ the Redeemer. One of the most important wonders if your going for a cultural victory, in my opinion. I'm also scouting Asia, and I'm planning on discovering, and colonizing, the world for the resources (All I have is a lot of Sugar and Incease, plus a sheep and a horse).

Suggestions:
I'm not sure why Arabia sent Warriors instead of Swordmen. Perhaps they two skipped the tech, or maybe they don't have any (improved) Iron. You should look into it

Even with the new city states, Africa and the Med is still boring. Songhai and I are friends, and it was too easy befriending the city states. But with Carthage and Sidon, plus maybe either Vienna, Warsaw, or Budapest, I could see a Greek civ being relevant. At least add Athens as a city state, so that Rome would have to fight for dominice instead of just sending some settlers.

I would love a Spanish civ, but Iberia is small. Unless they do a settler rush and settle southern France, they're an OCC. (And if they did do it, France would be an OCC). However, I'd think they would be a great colonialist civ, allow Europe to burn in senseless wars while you get rich off the New World, which is exactly my playstyle. Its just the AI playing them is what I'm scared of.

I'll play the second half of this game later and tell you about it. BTW, Its currently around 1470-1570, and I'm still the only civ in Renaissance. I still see pop-ups saying "INSERT NAME HERE has reached the Medieval Era", which saddens me.

Sounds like a fairly epic game. Yea, I gave Arabia easy access to horse, but they will need to settle the southern part of the Arabian penninsula to get their Iron... might make an adjustment for them. India has been problematic in play testing. They never seem to build a second city despite having one of the best starting locations, by the time they do persia and siam already have cities in the indian subcontinent.

I'll consider making the city states harder to make friends with, I thought it was too easy in the standard game also. I know everybody wants Greece, and I might add them, but it will be some work considering how small that area is. If I don't add them I'll at least add Athens as per your suggestions.

Also what would you think if I moved Madrid 1 hex east and added a Lisboa city state? I'll probably be adding more city states to both Africa and the new world in the future as well.

sounds like a pretty fun game. I always play on epic speed, i haven't made it that far yet cause it takes so long, but am looking forward to it.

Edit: also did you observe how Germany did? Were they dead or weak?

Ok, so do you want me to place all the civs, and whatever city states that fit well? I'll probably do the resources kinda like I did mine, mostly from memory, but I did go back and reference every now and then.

Let me know what ya think about the general shape and what not... we might need to make some adjustments here and there... then just do what ya did with the map from dale though you should be able to fit in a few more city states.

Let me know what ya think about the general shape and what not... we might need to make some adjustments here and there... then just do what ya did with the map from dale though you should be able to fit in a few more city states.

after a quick look its pretty good. For me, The south eastern Arabian peninsula kinda looks weird. Maybe could use a couple of those tiles as plains. Australia looks a little odd too, mainly the north west coast line. I like the oversized Europe overall, but maybe a few hexes could be changed as well. The western hemisphere looks great really, nothing much to add there. Japan and china looks good from what I saw too.

Edit: actually looking at it again, maybe alaska could use a few hex changes as well. I think it extends out more towards asia, and less southward.

another edit: probably could use more desert in australia as well.

after a quick look its pretty good. For me, The south eastern Arabian peninsula kinda looks weird. Maybe could use a couple of those tiles as plains. Australia looks a little odd too, mainly the north west coast line. I like the oversized Europe overall, but maybe a few hexes could be changed as well. The western hemisphere looks great really, nothing much to add there. Japan and china looks good from what I saw too.

Edit: actually looking at it again, maybe alaska could use a few hex changes as well. I think it extends out more towards asia, and less southward.

another edit: probably could use more desert in australia as well.

Make whatever changes you think are appropiate.... also tell me how you got the picture of the whole map like...

Top Bottom