Short fun game (immortal)

I see the message for probably half a second before civ crashes and I see my beautiful girl on the desktop :p No clue what it says...

BUFFY itself works fine played that game with it. Didn't have "Lock Modified Assets" turned on, though.

I see the message for probably half a second before civ crashes and I see my beautiful girl on the desktop :p No clue what it says...

BUFFY itself works fine played that game with it. Didn't have "Lock Modified Assets" turned on, though.

That's the whine about Lock Modified Assets. I had the same thing and read the message by taking a screenshot of the 0.5 second screen :) (lightning reflexes!)

Now that I'm testing, I have the same issue even when renaming CustomAssets. I.e. the exact same issue mystyfly is having.

So you can't look at the save either? I somehow assumed your issue was fixed by now (you posted a while back). Tell me when you have a clue... any player beside shyuhe/ras able to play? :p

Yeah I took the word from our resident code/tech wiz, Best's SS, that renaming CA would solve the problem and didn't bother to test it at the time. Is it really so that BUFFY saves should work reliably when distributed with Lock Modified Assets? Normal mod saves obviously don't work for everyone when using that option.

I never used my Buffy before, but did a quick test and it works fine on my end. If you still need another player to get this damn thing going let me know. I hate seeing games haulted up. There is not enough deity/immortal ones to go around still.

This is weird. Did you guys modify your assets? :mischief: I'll try asking the HOF guys to see if they have any insight on possible causes.

edit: Can you guys try downloading any of the saves from SGOTM10 to see if you can load them?

Well, under Windows both this game and the SGOTM10 saves seem to run fine. A tad on the harsh side to boot up a different OS just to get the mod working, but I guess I can do that if I can't get it working otherwise.

Anyway, I could take over while mystyfly gets his game setup together, but...

Also, I'll be away most of Friday and Saturday so feel free to skip me if I'm up and you feel an urgent need to advance fast.

EDIT: Oh, mystyfly, you can check if your assets are indeed modified with HoF's Asset Checker from here. There's some other stuff on the HoF page also that might or might not be relevant such as Vista fixes.

Thank you Silu. I had the same problem a few yrs ago when playing that other SGOTM. I remembered some file helping me but couldn't remember its name. I'll try that Assets Checker. Don't need that vista rubbish, still running xp ;)

Assets Checker found 2 altered files, globaldefines.xml and civ4detailmanager.xml. No clue why this is so, I never opened these files... I asked ras to send me his HOF-compatible files but he didn't respond yet. If someone could please send me their files by mail I could finally have a look at the save.

I won't be able to play until tomorrow and don't want to hold you up even more, I'd like to be swapped if someone wants to play sooner.

If I get the files before I leave for squash I'll post my thoughts.

I don't think we're in a super hurry to move the game along :) I don't have the files handy right now but maybe someone else can send them to him?

@obs - Thanks for the offer but we need to sort out these BUFFY issues for SGOTM anyways. Unless you want to join our SGOTM team :)

I got a response from ras and will get the files soon. I'll post ideas asap and play as soon as I see fit.

Should I still be unable to open the save I'm out of ideas :confused: but I'm confident.

I don't think we're in a super hurry to move the game along :) I don't have the files handy right now but maybe someone else can send them to him?

@obs - Thanks for the offer but we need to sort out these BUFFY issues for SGOTM anyways. Unless you want to join our SGOTM team :)

I have no idea what SGOTM is even. Let me guess, Succession Game of The Month (team)? Is there a link handy for how this team-ruleset is supposed to work?

@obs: what about having a look at the SGOTM subforum, there you should get all the info you need.

^ Yes, Succesion Game of the Month (or, rather, 4-5 months :D). Competition between teams. It's usually interesting variants. The one that we just finished was a renaissance start, epic, emperor, no vassals, aggressive ai, only conquest enabled, must nuke a city before capturing it. The next one should be announced in January.

Forum
Results

Edit: x-post

@mystyfly, I don't think we're in any hurry, either.

To pick up the actual game discussion :lol:
@RRRaskolnikov,
I agree that shaving any turns we can off the first settler is probably right, with Bismarck so close and expanding so quickly. However, I think we should run a few longer tests for getting something like 3-4 cities and 5 workers out.

I have no idea what SGOTM is even. Let me guess, Succession Game of The Month (team)? Is there a link handy for how this team-ruleset is supposed to work?

SGOTM's are the most micro intensive games on the forums and usually involve the highest level discussions of game mechanics.
Every single move gets planned out in advance and you'll still see teams taking markedly different approaches.

Murky Waters is one of the most consistently successful teams and they make extremely detailed posts. I'd start there if you wanted to see whether it appeals or not.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

I just world-buildered the whole f***ing continent, only to have BTS crash literally seconds before I saved and exited. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Top Bottom