Singaporean Civ V.1.2

Originally posted by KALIROB2k2
I do agree on the fact of there are to many Caucasian Civs in the game, but I think we have to realize that the Civs they use are the ones that were the more well known conquering countries(Or the more well known ones, or in the games sake I think it was based on what Civs where picked most in Civ2).
I mean I do agree they missed out on some asian civs but we have to realize that most the wars have been european countries, look at most of WW1 and WW2. I mean even the US became what it is because of Euro civs expanding more forcefully. Even if it is a melting pot now. :D
All in all i think the point was Korea and Singapore and the Philipines never really were conquerers or did they really forcefully expand like most Caucasian countries(Where as japan and China where forceful and warlike thus showing why they are already added). So they sadly werent really considered big players by Fraxis perhaps. I myself am Philipino so I am a tad insulted, but I think I understand why it wasnt initially added as a big player.
But for those of us with a problem with this in Civ3, at least figure that we can use programs to add or own Civ so perhaps it isnt a complete loss?:confused:
Point is this is a game about the history of humanity and the clashes of civilisations, nation-states and empires. And they have only a default no of 16 civs. :( So Firaxis only put in those civs with the most impact on the course of human history. Although why they put in Zulus and Iroquise I dunno (political correctness mostly). People have been arguing bout this in the Civilisations subforum. Go check it out. I think of all civs that shld have been incl - shld be the Arabs and Turks.

In short, put aside your patriotism and just enjoy the game. I certainly enjoy wiping out the Greeks, Americans and whatever Western civ they threw at me. :D

And welcome to CFC, all of you. :)

Originally posted by Knight-Dragon

In short, put aside your patriotism and just enjoy the game. I certainly enjoy wiping out the Greeks, Americans and whatever Western civ they threw at me. :D

Thanks for agreeing on Fraxis meant no harm, but I do have a question with has nothing to do with this subject but is it just me or do militiristic :soldier: civs get there units upgraded way to fast and so often that it makes it unfair at times? :rocket2:

Well, I guess they can't fit in too many but at least in Civ 2 we had a choice. In Civ 2, we can only play with 7 civs, but we have a choice of 21 civs. There should be at least 32 to start with, IMO. Anyway, there's way too many bashing and flaming and all that in some of the threads, so I just stick to more peaceful ones where the people actually make constructive comments, criticisms and rebuttals rather than just name-calling.

Noname: can you show me the list of what GL names you already have? Maybe I can come with some that are not there in the first place. :)

LKY in Civ3

Attachments

• screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 436
Hey nice job Noname :goodjob: I like it, any problems yet?

the link to download it wont work for me, are there any other sites? i really want to play as singapore!! please someone gimme another link :(

thank you

I'm waiting for the Brunei Civilization mod.

The special unit can be the sultan's legions of concubines.

The link does not work. DOes anyone have a mirror of the file up?

Hey, great to see that there are at least a few SingCivers out there! Greetings, everyone!

Just did a mod called HomeWorld, nope nothing to do with Singapore, though I do change my Civ name to Singapore. The mod beats corruption, war weariness, pollution, and has vastly upgraded fighting. Trying to do ver 2. Does anyone know how to place Civ start positions? Wanna put them such that each Civ is as far way from each other as possible, creating a conquer the world situation.

Happy Civin'!

They never possibly could have added Singapore considering Singapore is only a dot on the world map and in actual fact it isn't even as big as the dot. Isn't the bionix a light tank of sorts. I'm not sure, I just think something like that should not have the high defense of the mech. inf.

I would also like to add that Singapore is, contrary to what is written in our pledge, not a democracy nor is it building one. In my opinion, one major difference is between a republican system an a democratic one is the strong emphasis on freedom, which is slightly lacking in Singapore. I would also add that Chee Soon Juan also believes so (although I have nothing against the guy, I find him excessively stupid to criticise the PAP like that. If he does not learn to be more tactful, he will never make a good politician.).
LKY himself said something like this about Michael Fay, "people ask me why singapore has such strict laws blah blah blah..., when Michael Fay returned home he continued with his ways, so which is better, our strict ways or 'freedom'?" I don't remember the exact words. having strict laws like the ones in Singapore is a sign that Singapore is NOT a democracy and the government itself does not prefer it.

Singapore Civ Loh!

I get this now liao!

:)

j/k my gf is singaporean, but I will get this, to make the game more interesting. Need a NZ civ now. :)

Top Bottom