Soirana wants to be a god - 01

Some people are hard to satisfy I have to say. 2 gold, 2 cows, wine, an oasis, lake start, 5grassland. Farm 2 grassland, grow to size 9 and you will have a very strong production center with enough commerce. At size 5 you will already have 12 hammers, food to grow and 16 extra commerce. What is not to like with this capital??? You guys are spoiled, I tell you, spoiled :p

well ... doesn't like starts with fairly little food

The cows are fine for worker/settler build purposes with output of 6. The enormous commerce bonus more than compensates for the fact that you can't whip the capital which often isn't such a great idea anyway without a granary. This capital doesn't need the whip with it's natural production.

I think the capital is way above average, the rest of the land isn't bad either but it'll take some time to make all those green and brown tiles without rivers productive. Hope to find some good tiles near the river.

I generally prefer irrigated corn over gold, but double gold is good too. Agree with others, farm the capital after the special tiles. I'd try to put a city near the river to the SW to discourage HC settling. Then stone if there are other good tiles near it.

to 2680BC [i promised to crawl remember]

Well that scout survived and managed to dodge barb archers up to now...

Issy of course founded hindu and my neighbors already have hot feelings towards each other.

Well, i went for BW and found any complains about cap were very wrong. It had nice grassland copper. Honestly it is very good.

I dropped second worker on size three [managing to persuade myself count oasis as improved]. Stopped here.

I was planing put settler 1W of rice [although HC and his terraces makes cow next to impossible to gain.] Can't say i like land [in quality and potential quantity] very much.

My plan of actions : - tech writing, worker one chops>roads, worker tow mines copper>roads. Guess i will need some fast axes to deal with barbs...

Land overview:
Spoiler :

Neighborhood:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Falcon BC-2680.CivBeyondSwordSave
    70.7 KB · Views: 34
You need to hurry with those settlers. I wouldn't totally rule out an axerush or maybe a phant/cat rush in this case. Otherwise you won't have that much land and it won't be that easy to accumulate more later since Huyna figures to be quite advanced.

With overflow first one should be in 8 turns. Chop cuts a bit more.

Axe rush.... HC is not yet in slavery. Last thing i want is to found out diety AI has copper in middle of preparation.

Cats+phants... Tell me that works if your deity boosted target has elephants? I did such tricks on immortal, but that is different story.

Yes, overall future is not very shiny.

go for axe, you won't regret it. on the screenshot it's visible HC has copper.

Not such a problem that HC has phants is it? Longbows is much more of a problem but your 2 golds may enable you to strike before HC has longbows. Production is more of a limitation than research.

I don't see HC copper as a big problem as well, axes don't defend so much better than archers. It's your own production capacity that's important. Don't say you have to play this way but HC is very close and you just won't have that much breathing space.

Usually I like to rush HC, he tends to build a couple of wonders instead of spamming units. The capital has outstanding production capacity and enough forests to burn into a rush. There is not much good land, low food overall. The only thing to consider is that HC might have chariots, so supporting spears might be necessary.

I can't read the save but from screenshots i'd certainly scout and i would probably do it also because Izzy wherever she is won't interfere on HC's behalf. Normally axe rush would be better but with this amount of early research maybe cats/phants is safer.

If there are some extra good spots to be settled i'd go cats/phants maybe ultimately deciding to go peaceful if i'd get 6 good cities (no less).If expanding room is out after 3 cities already better go for for him immed.

Axe rush in deity is usually not favorable. WEs + cats war would be suitable in this map. Supported by 2 gold in capital, your WEs and cats will be online very early. You just need to reserve most forests for fastest war preparation. 15 cats + 15 WEs can win the war even facing LBs. One benefit of WE war is that you war when your economy is stable (usually already have Alpha, Currency, CoL) so that your economy will recover very soon and you will be working on mature cities from your target.

to 1920BC

Well, i dropped second city such way as i could get damn cows in first ring.
Spoiler :

Barbarians were not so big problem... Although it was like always - the moment you drop second city you get party going into your land...

Feel rather bad cause has not improved second gold yet...

Not sure what i want to settle next. I could potentially try blocking southwards but wheat+horse+8xtundra is not a super city...
Another option is 2S of rice, rather food poor but, well, i need to claim elephants. [alternatively i could try borrow cows from barbarians...]

Guess i could use open borders with HC and a bit of scouting of his land [at least some use of that scout who refused to die]

Also i got another religious guy up where... Somehow Saladin has no religion yet...

Regarding saves. Guess i am to used to BUG interface... Luckily Dan's tool creates automatic wordbuilder save:lol:[and saves yourself from spoiling on load too] . I reopened it and saved without mod for convenience of mine critics.

Attachments

• Falc BC-1920.CivBeyondSwordSave
    56.8 KB · Views: 38
@Duckweed,

Axe rush just like chariot rush can be done sometimes but you have to be very fast meaning resource in bfc. I remember a game from ~ 1/2 year ago where i chariot rushed Shaka, you did too iirc. we had horses in bfc then. Maybe we were Egypt :lol: , can't remember

This map seems more suitable for a phant/cat attack. Reasonable opportunity window as well.

>>I reopened it and saved without mod for convenience of mine critics.
The BUFFY mod is just ok, no problems there :D. This new save has no technologies researched, though. I shadowed the games, so I am not telling anything before you play a bit more.

Can you settle next to northern incan ivory and culture steal the tile before the war is started? it looks like possible on one of your earlier pic. Not much food, but cow/ivory/gold can make you some workers, shorten even more the time to elephants, and more importantly prevent the apparition of Incan phants... You prolly have thought at that but just in case...

Good luck with this... looks like a hard one ;) (masochist map again? :lol:)

to 350BC charge of elephants part one.

I got carried away a bit towards end, but things look lot of brighter...

I used Gondar for good to get Academy in 975BC. Not the best date in world but will do.

Arround 900BC HC learned Alphabet...
Spoiler :

Some time later i traded for it. Did not like feeding him techs [and did not like HA later on] but my bravery had limits. Used Izzy and Saladin to backfill a bit, especially since i learned that izzy is on diffferent landmass so sailing gave nice trade routes.

Spoiler :

Meanwhile i teched HBR>Maths>Construction preparinmg cities for production
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

525AD i felt having enough for DOW [well, less than 15+15 but i was not facing longbows either...]
Spoiler :

Arround 450BC i was asked to convert to hindu, seeing Saladin already did that i happily did.

375BC
Spoiler :

Well, steles everywhere and SoZ on the right side..

Few turns later i cleared middle of exincan empire:
Spoiler :

I actually got some contrattacks this turn + there is mini stack of incans near SE barb city, which can not decide that they want to do... Adding fact i have nearly zero healthy units...
Well, i took ten turn peace for Aesthetics. From what i can figure on trade screen HC already has literature.... Would be nice for him to build that wonder but i can really live without it.

I finished currency on spoild of war and started on CoL for cheap curthauses as i feel they will be needed soon.

Don't know i see only two keepable cities left [and one of them is on rice:(]. Northern peak will be needed to be resettled [and yes i managed to keep cities such way as i am missing goldmine - told you got carried away].
If i get rid of Huyana this looks at least playable to some chance...

Oh, and i get shiny shiny:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Falcon BC-0350.CivBeyondSwordSave
    170.9 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom