Something to consider re new civs

I'm actually leaning towards Vietnam over Indonesia at this point. Shame if that happens, because that would mean Indonesia goes 5 civ games without being represented

Even though I'm Vietnamese, I do think Indonesia deserves the civ spot more than Vietnam, which is why currently I'm leaning towards Indonesia over Vietnam (though both would be great). Still, I do see Vietnam as a good possibility for once... which is nice, I guess.

Can't think of an Indonesian leader that looks similar to Ram.

I mean not 100% exact, but at a glance people who don't know much about SE Asian history might think they'd look the same, but indeed that might be a bit of a stretch (we have for instance Pacal and Montezuma, and someone who doesn't know anything about MesoAmerica might think they're wearing the same style of clothes, in my opinion).

I mean not 100% exact, but at a glance people who don't know much about SE Asian history might think they'd look the same, but indeed that might be a bit of a stretch (we have for instance Pacal and Montezuma, and someone who doesn't know anything about MesoAmerica might think they're wearing the same style of clothes, in my opinion).

Makes sense. I guess people who don't know much about European history might say all those Western powers, with the exception of rainbow-shorts William, look the same

I'm actually leaning towards Vietnam over Indonesia at this point. Shame if that happens, because that would mean Indonesia goes 5 civ games without being represented

Same here..
Frankly, I think Vietnam is more likely be chosen because American market is already familiar with them.. (Vietnam War)..

But if Vietnam is chosen without bringing at least one Maritime SEA civ with them.., I will be disappointed bcoz :
- There are too many Sino civs (3+1) rather than Indo civs (2)..
- In the real world map, we cannot choose Siam and Vietnam at the same time (their starting point is too close) while leaving the archipelago empty..

Still think there will be two females. Also think there will be two African civs. If this is true, that means that either the Kongo or the Ashanti are lead pipe-cinches, 'cause they have plausible female leaders (assuming Shaka's in the other slot). For those who think we'll see 3/9 led by females, then we're probably getting both Vietnam (Trung Sisters) and Majapahit (Tribhuwana). There just aren't a lot of other good choices, unless I'm missing a Native American civ that's a real possibility.

I'm thinking along similar lines. Any females are probably going to be from the African or Asian civilizations.

Top Bottom