[Speculation] Viet Nam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torwaechter

Chieftain
I'm quite curious if it really will happen, but I have read some good arguments here about it, so let's speculate how a Vietnamese civ could look like.

If they're really going for it, Viet Cong or Viet Minh would be a safe bet as UU. Most common idea would be infantry with bonus regarding jungle movement and or bonus defending or generally fighting in jungle.

Since they showed with Winged Hussars that they're open for new game mechanics I think there could be more in store though. Especially since that wouldn't really make an extremely useful special unit - in late game there usually isn't that much jungle left, unless you really decided to keep some spaces for science etc.

I've come up with a more interesting idea: what if the UU would be much weaker than a standard infantry but would get an ability similar to the fortress: All enemy units adjacent to it, receive a small HP reduction every turn? Perhaps only if the UU is dug in and the higher its defense bonus, the more damage it inflicts?
That would symbolize very well those ambush attacks, sabotage acts, small scale guerilla tactics and secret tunnel bases that were used in both Vietnam Wars against French (+ many Germans in the Foreign Legion) and American troops.

UB and or UA could be something giving extra cultural defense, not necessarily producing more culture but rather reducing negative effects of having less culture. That would translate into resistance spirit of Vietnamese people against much bigger and more developped nations.

I don't think that all new civilizations necessarily do have to have an emphasis on trade and creating great works of art, Viet Nam would be a good possibility for a military civ designed for late game ideology mechanics.

I don't know if that would be really compelling as a player but a defensive-wise hard to crack Viet Nam civ could be really interesting if played against and controlled by AI.

Moderator Action: As written here:
Moderator Action: Please see this thread. Thread closed. :)

In general, no more threads speculating about the possible inclusion of individual civs, please. The ones that are already open can stay, but future threads will likely be locked or moved to the relevant thread in the I&S subforum.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom