Struggling to win a Deity domination game, any up to date tips and guides out there?

agalaxy

Chieftain
I can easily win a domination game on immortal, and I have beaten Deity with the other VCs, but I am struggling to win with domination. Right now I go liberty 3 library national college then just mass ranged units with a few mounted units. I can kill about 2 capitals without too much trouble but after that I find myself too far behind on tech with XBs that do 8 damage to cities per shot, dying to riflemen.

Most of the guides out there seem to be a little old, what are the best guides/tips/videos that are up to date. Thank you.

Thanks for posting a link to my guide, mbbcam.

@OP: Inside the guide you will find links to some really good video examples. I feature several players but the best of these, Acken, has a YouTube channel that is well worth visiting.

The easiest way for me to do Domination sweeps without super OP units like Keshiks/Camels is to wait until Nukes. It's easier, and you don't have to deal with massive carpets (the nukes do that for you)

I'll second that consentient video (as well as the Peddroelm video embedded therein). I won my first ever attempt at Domination (on my 7th Immortal game) using the tips I learned in there. And it wasn't even close - by turn 120 or so, it was over - still took me much longer to win, but the outcome wasn't in doubt after that. And I made a ton of mistakes.

The easiest way for me to do Domination sweeps without super OP units like Keshiks/Camels is to wait until Nukes. It's easier, and you don't have to deal with massive carpets (the nukes do that for you)
This remains a theoretical idea for me. Have you written up any of these for the DCL/CDG? It sounds like you are so successful that you are now bored with the approach?

I really should try this idea, starting on T0 with this end game in mind. My Dom games always seem to drag out that long anyway. But I am not confident I could hit Nukes/XCOM much faster than I am. I could very much use some examples to emulate!

I think I did that in the Persia CDG and I think I had a few more attempts that worked. Basically you'd want a super production capital and at most 2-3 expos with a smashing economy. What can work against you is if the AIs propose and pass proliferation and/or you can't get your hands on Uranium. But once the nukes start dropping (around T250 is great, around T300 less so) the carpets get cleared out with ease. You will need ground troops, tanks and airplanes regardless but you won't exactly need to waste time moving them around

NQ mod has nerfed nukes ST, so you'll have to practise your pre-Atomic war chops ;)

Top Bottom