Success as the Huns (Using Thomas' War)

disturbed1

Chieftain
So, I started using a new strategy in Civ 4 when I downloaded the Thomas' War Mod. I play as Attila the Hun, and enforce a "kill 'em all" playstyle, which is very new to me. I used to be the pacifist who would try to win by culture or Diplomatic Victory, maybe even the occasional Space Race. But I decided that I would give Conquest or Domination a try for once playing on the Warlord Setting, and it worked pretty good, I ended up winning. Then I thought to myself "I wonder how many points I could get playing this style on settler?"

I gave it a try. 5 Civilizations, Standard Size map, Hemispheres, 2 Continents. Huns, Settler Game, Epic Speed.

I found it to be much easier than I could have ever expected. I ended up winning a domination victory, but was well on my way to a Conquest victory.

I began the game on One of the two islands, and had 2 neighbors. The Persians, and the Minoans. I made quick work of the Minoans, destroying them by 50 BC, and the Persians followed quickly afterward. Now I had a vast empire controlling all of the eastern hemisphere, as I had found out from controlling stonehenge. I sent my caravels out to explore the other side of the earth, and found two civilizations, still in the stone age compared to me. Pol Pot of the Khmer's and Simon Bolivar of Gran Columbia.

At this time, I had 2300 points, and the next lowest was Pol Pot at 750. Quite a pathetic battle ensued, I had riflemen, Cavalry and cannons taking out his Archers, and spearmen. Yes, that far behind. He was finished off in about 100 years. I then set my sights on Simon Bolivar.

He had 11 cities on the continent, I had 10, as well as 13+ on the other continent. I quickly upgraded all my galleons to transports, and filled them with Infantry and Artillery, and entered his border.

5 or 6 cities later, I had won a domination game. 1886 was the end of the game on turn 454. That was quick...

I am continuing the game to see how long it takes to finish the Tech tree, and I will grant independence to the western hemisphere after I finish Simon off, so I will not be alone in the world (and to take down an empire closer to me technologically.)

Attachments

• Attila the Great.jpg
    Attila the Great.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Map and Graph.jpg
    Map and Graph.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Religions.jpg
    Religions.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 98
  • Score Graph.jpg
    Score Graph.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Win Screen.jpg
    Win Screen.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 104
Turn 454 - Caracas falls to Hunnic Control
Turn 457 - Quito Falls to Hunnic Control
Turn 461 - Barranquila falls to Hunnic Control
Turn 462 - Santa Cruz falls to Hunnic Control
Turn 465 - Medellin falls to Hunnic Control
Turn 466 - Lima falls to Hunnic Control
- Gran Columbia is destroyed, Huns the last civilization on earth.

Top Bottom