[BNW] Super Power: Clash of Civilizations - A fully upgraded version of SuperPower

lincoln_lyf

Warlord
Super Power: Clash of Civilizations
Current Version: 5.7 (Beta)
Author: Lincoln_lyf

A Total Conversion Mod of Sid Meier's Civilization V for a better late game experience and realistic modern warfare.
A fully upgraded version of my previous mod: SuperPower Complete Edition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Relationship with Super Power Modpack:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Power: Clash of Civilizations (SP:CoC) is a fully upgraded version of Super Power Modpack (SP), a total conversion mod of Sid Meier's Civilization V. Its latest version was v5.1.

You can regard SP:CoC as SP 6.0. However, SP:CoC is a total conversion of SP itself, which is designed to bring a completely new game experience rather than an improvement of the original game. SP:CoC does NOT support previous saved games of any Super Power Modpack version.

SP:CoC is currently under Beta testing and the current version is 5.7. The final version will be 6.0. However, the current version v5.7 has all game concepts if the final version. There will only be bug fixes and minor balance tweak in the future.

Features
(1)Exciting late game experience:
- 4 unique components for all 43 Civs: Many modern units and buildings
- A fully new designed Tech Tree with two new eras: World War Era and Future Era
- A fully new designed Policy Tree and Ideologies
- Plain water plots can be improved
- Strong terrain modification abilities in the late game
- Space race: launching orbital satellites for global effects
- More challenges in the late game from enhanced AI and increasing maintenance cost of your nation

(2)Realistic and challenging domestic affairs:
- 200+ new buildings, wonders and improvements
- Cities will have corruption & public Security issues
- Cities will upgrade by reaching higher population levels, unlocking advanced buildings, wider working distance, but causing pollution and traffic problems
- New Strategic Resources with global effects: Manpower, Consumer Goods, Electricity
- Move your capital to a new place for a better efficiency
- Move your population inside your cities for a better efficiency
- Nations with a higher Tourism Output will attract international immigrants from other countries
- Happiness will be more important: affecting tourism output and international immigration

(3)Enhanced Combat system and ultimate modern warfare:
- 2-unit-per-plot system for units’ coordination operations and larger battle scale
- 100+ new units and promotions
- Highly specialized military units with diverse abilities and cost
- Realistic naval units and air units design, powerful but expensive
- Unique legendary elite & experimental units in real history await you command
- Workers can turn into militia units for war mobilization or logistics service
- War is dangerous: intensive war will cause population loss and even nuclear winters.

(4)Comfortable & time-saving game experience
- Fully tweaked game balance: no “weak” civilizations, policies, wonders, units, etc
- Adaptive difficulty level: AI’s bonus depend on your performance
- Rapid & compact game pace with zero “garbage time”
- Automated Management & Batch Operations: control hundreds of cities or units in one-click

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qucikstart Guide
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler Quickstart Guide :

Here is a Quickstart Guide introducing the detailed mechanisms of this mod. It is also a FAQ book for problem solving.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3a90211xyy366o1/Super_Power_Clash_of_Civilizations_-_Documents.rar

(both .pdf and .txt format included)

Installation Guide

Important Note: This MOD requires DLL - Various Mod Components by whoward69 for DLL support. You must install and load DLL - Various Mod Components before using this MOD. Otherwise grievous errors may occur.

Spoiler Steam :

(1) Subscribe at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...earchtext=Super+Power:+Clash+of+Civilizations
(2) Go to WHoward's Pick'N'Mix Mods to download the latest DLL - Various Mod Components (v 88) :http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/CivV/DLL/Various Mod Components.html
(3) Move the DLL - Various Mod Components (v 88).civ5mod you’ve just downloaded, to My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\

Spoiler Manual Installation (Unpacked Version) :

(1) Download the “Super Power Clash of Civilizations .RAR” from http://www.mediafire.com/file/zkj0f11f7pl3st0/Super_Power_Clash_of_Civilizations.rar
(2) Extract the “Super Power Clash of Civilizations .RAR”, you will find two folders: “Super Power Clash of Civilizations (v 6)” and DLL - Various Mod Components (v 88).
(3) Move them to My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\

Future Plans
Spoiler Future Plans :

(1) The final and the stable version of this mod will be v6.0. Some versions may be released to fix Bugs or tweak minor balance issues. NO major changes in the future!

(2) The v6.0 will be released in both MOD and DLC versions.

(3) A “MOD Option” will be available in the future versions to allow the player to turn on/off some mod mechanism like Electricity, immigration, nuclear winter and so on.

(4) New elements will be edited to this Quickstart Guide (images, links) in the next version. A detailed Tutorial Book may be released in the future.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler Special Thanks :

Ÿ If I miss someone or in the list, or you have copyright issues, sorry for that and please contact me.

• DLL:
whoward69 for DLL - Various Mod Components

• Ÿ EUI:
bc1 for EUI elements

• Ÿ New Luxury Resources:
Barathor for More Luxuries MOD

• Ÿ Coding:
Gedemon for RED Events, flags for stacked units, aircraft animation speed and ranged units counterattack related codes
CaptainCWB for codes optimization and UI elements
Tokata for additional DLL editing, Civilopedia and UI elements
Barathor for AssignStartingPlots.lua, Map Setup.lua
Maximus for new attack effects (AoE damage) related codes and combat UI related codes
Machiavelli24 for Reform and Rule related codes and Policy_FreeBuildingClass.lua
Ninakoru for Smart AI related codes
FramedArchitect for Faerun Fantasy Mod and Global Warming MOD related codes
Redox for Light Touch: unit automation related codes
Coban for helicopter hovering related codes
Hulfgar for Hulfgars Industrial Warfare related codes and concept
far_away_land for Settler joining city codes & some debugging tasks
bc1 for backgroud image Lua codes

• Ÿ 3d Models
Wolfdog for many modern and renaissance units’ models
Snafusmith for many modern and ancient units’ models
Danrell for many WWII units’ models
Danrell, Nutty for MiG-15 model
Ekmek, asioasioasio for UAV model
Ekmek, KnelRivendare, Jinzor for B52 model
bernie14 for templar and teutonic mounted knights models
Barathor for new resource models&icons
other 3d units models: Wolfdog, Snafusmith, Danrell, Ekmek, asioasioasio, KnelRivendare, Jinzor, bernie14, Barathor, Snafusmith(Smitty), JTitan,Deliverator, Walter Hawkwood, Refar, Patum333, hangman, Deliverator, BouncyMischa

• Ÿ Icon/ Visual Art Elements

Icons & Images: Barathor, JanBoruta, Jamie Meyer, Moriboe, sukritact, Pouakai, Sukritact, Envoy (@fourfourhero), Pouakai, zsofiadome, BlackFeather_, Empoh, Tokata, Institute of Swedish Safety; Security, freepik.com, iranaware.com, photobucket.com, Brainbug's Egyptian Army (Retextured) von Brainbug (v1.0), calxibe.com, wallpoper.com
JanBoruta for some units and building icons
BlackFeather_ for Spanish Armada icon and Super Power MOD Logo
Moriboe, sukritact, Pouakai, Sukritact, Envoy (@fourfourhero), Pouakai for some new buildings and new wonders icons and concept

• Ÿ Languages
Chinese: MarbleGargoyle, LI, Seven

• Ÿ Promotion & Test:
Tokata, Ben, Dante, BlackFeather_, GanJunWuDi, 38AA, HJQ, xiaofeng, seraph, Li, Seven, Xingen, Tianshu, SkyWalker, Arno, bot, ryst

• Ÿ Proofreading & Document Editing:
爱玲的安逸人生, Seven

• Ÿ Cited Documents:
Wikipedia, www.azquotes.com , www.brainyquote.com

• Ÿ A few images or concepts are from those works:
ACE Combat (published by Namco Bandai Games and produced by Project Aces)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (published and owned by Activision)
World of Warships and World of Tanks (Wargaming)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (Electronic Arts)
Cities XL 2012 (Focus Home Interactive)
Others from Google Images Search

• Ÿ “Clash of Civilizations” is inspired by political scientist Samuel P. Huntington’s The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order, published in 1996

• Ÿ The names of unique national wonders “Ministry of Truth”, “Ministry of Plenty” and “Ministry of Peace” are inspired by English author George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four, published in 1949.

Special Note: Back to Work on 12/2/2017

Hi everyone! I'm back again. Please accept my gratitude for your guys who like my humble mod and my apologies of being AFK for a long time.

Now I'll wrap things up and try to make the final release of Super Power: Clash of Civilizations 6.0 over the next few months.

Thanks again for choosing Super Power: Clash of Civilizations! Have a great time playing!

[AD] I was busy on my job as animation filmmaker in the previous months. (Hope I could have the chance to join in making a film adapted from the Civlization Game in the foreseeable future, LoL)
If you are interested, you may check out my current animated film project: https://igg.me/at/androktasiai/x/17615092
Thanks for your time and attention!

Last edited:
Trying lots of troubleshooting, but every game I am stuck unable to select production in the city, and the game won't continue. Nothing shows up.

Edit: Figured it out. Conflict with the community balance patch / eui version. Manually had to remove it from the DLC dir, and it works now.

Last edited:
Super fun first game. Squashed everything easily, so will have to update the difficulty. I can see you've sort of tuned the concept around much more fast paced stuff to do.

2 Unit per tile does feel nice. I thought it'd be weird, but it actually feels better than 1UPT. Easier to move guys around too, which helps.

So many changes, and things to say.. It would really benefit from community patch's DLL, going to try use that and see how it goes.

157 turns as Bismarck in a marathon/large game
All is fine so far.
What a massive mod! I really need to read the pdf doc to go further. So much new stuff in it

T360
Khan did very well and extended his empire at the limite of my border. Then Germany became part of the Mongolian empire. Well done. In addition of his well-known war skills, he was a great science leader through the game. I played level 5 (regional power)

Now I do much better playing The Ottomans. SP CoC is such a total convertion of civ5. It needs many attemps to understand and control all the new concepts.
Definitly, Manpower and Consumer Goods level are the main concerne I have to face with. I don't know yet what to think about. Like gold, hapiness or health in other mods, it prevents a nation to play with massive among of war units or focus too much in world wonders without a solid economy and infrastructure of the nation. Well done again. It's really hard and I like it.

SP CoC is very big and many details in the game are very impressive like the promotions shown in a multi lines box. UI Condenced Promotions mod is obsolete now. Well done

Except for some new units, civilopedia is full of new entries to help. I assume that is a big work to do. Well done. This aspect is unfortunatly neglected in many mods ((Doesn' it Acken?))
I can't find any information about this new ability given to the GG "Debuff conditions" Does it lower the strenth of units? Need to be said in civilopedia

I have done 338 turns so far with Suleiman. Wonder Race v3 and UI - Diary v21 mods are loaded along with SP and I didn't experience any CTD or weird bugs. Very very well done. Beta version ?

I tried to cheat a bit with the Really Advanced Setup v15 and expected to start with a couple of extra units. It doesn't work with CoC. Is it intentionnal?

Balance
I didn't play enough to say something interesting about it. My only concern for now should be about Ski infantry and Land Ironclad unique units. I get both. Shaka has declare war to me (obviously). Despite his old units buffalo boosted I crush him like cape and sword against aliens. I believe the number of Ski infantry and Land Ironclad should be limited like the Zheng He's Fleet.

Finally I wish to say SP CoC "C'est magnifique"
Like Vox populi, Super Power is a great mod to turn civ5 in civ7

Well done

Last edited:
Holy Crap, your back!!! I'm so excited to see one of my favorite modders return and one of my favorite mods get reinvented, if you need any half-fast artwork, please feel free to ask.

Awesome MOD
But I found this mod is not compatible with the EUI mod.
I viewed the quickstart guide, it quotes
"* Enhanced User Interface(EUI) by bc1: Sp:Coc has already integrated some EUI elements. You must removing these Lua files from the EUI folder : TopPanel, CultureOverview, UnitPanel , EnemyUnitPanel, ResourceIconManager, InfoTooltipInclude, UnitFlagManager, CityView, CityBannerManager, PuppetCityPopup , AnnexCityPopup, NewEraPopup, CivilopediaScreen"
I moved these .lua files(some doesn't exist) and found they still can't work together. I can't even choose production.
What should I do if I want to keep these two great mods together and there are no conflicts between them? Thank you.

Where can I post bug reports, and is there anyway to gather all usefull information such as comp. stats and mods etc?
I cannot choose production, but automatic choices work.

Where can I post bug reports, and is there anyway to gather all usefull information such as comp. stats and mods etc?
I cannot choose production, but automatic choices work.

Report there !
About your production problem if you used EUI before it needs to be uninstalled totally

The production problem is the bug. I have never installed EUI.
The mods I'm subscribed to are:
[x] This one
[x] RED Modpack
Single Unit Graphics
[x] InfoAddict
[x] Communitas Map
[x] Ingame Editor
MC's Greek Civilisations Split
[x] Really Advanced Setup
More Luxuries
Camera Rotation and WASD Controld (G+K)​

The ones I've activated are marked with [x]. I obviously have the DLL downloaded and activated as well. Do you need any other information?

The production problem is the bug. I have never installed EUI.
The mods I'm subscribed to are:
[x] This one
[x] RED Modpack
Single Unit Graphics
[x] InfoAddict
[x] Communitas Map
[x] Ingame Editor
MC's Greek Civilisations Split
[x] Really Advanced Setup
More Luxuries
Camera Rotation and WASD Controld (G+K)​

The ones I've activated are marked with [x]. I obviously have the DLL downloaded and activated as well. Do you need any other information?

So far I played 5 games (never until the end) with Wonder Race v3 and UI - Diary v21 and I didn't notice any kind of bug. Could you try without the mods listed below?

Oooops. Above not below. My english ... sorry
I mean try without any additional mods to make sure your install is fine. I'd like to know which mod bring the bug

Good idea! I tested with only DLL and SP:CoC installed and the bug is still there. Even tried a new map.

Good idea! I tested with only DLL and SP:CoC installed and the bug is still there. Even tried a new map.

I don't have any problem so far with the maps continent plus and Plant Simulator. That's weird
The last thing to do is : Clean re-install and make sur your version of BNW is 1.0.3.276 or .279

I don't have any problem so far with the maps continent plus and Plant Simulator. That's weird
The last thing to do is : Clean re-install and make sur your version of BNW is 1.0.3.276 or .279

I re-installed the mod but it still didn't work. I deleted the CivV(DX11).exe file and verified game cache. Still didn't work. I tried to play without any mods at all, to make sure it wasn't a vanilla bug, but it worked so it's for sure the mod.

Top Bottom