Super Tribes

Cyc

Looking for the door...

As the die was cast on the large fertile planet, 5 groups of beings emerged to dominate their portion of the land. Each of the groups slowly centralized and independently formed their own Tribe.

Each established a meeting place where the wisemen and priests would govern the Tribe. For it was there that they first experienced the unity of the Tribe. Where they first recognized the Four Basic Traits of their Tribesmen. This was were they began to ask questions and share the answers.

Each Tribe's civilization was built on it's surplus. A surplus not only of the abundant resources, but soon of the mighty warriors, the village priests, and the hard working agriculturists and engineers. The fields were tilled, the roads were built, and the military grew, all steeped in glorious and sacred religion.

All 5 Tribes became strong in these endeavours, which shaped their basic mold as Militaristic, Religious, Agricultural, and Industrious. These were the honored traits of the 5 Tribes, the ones that would carry them above the Barbarians in the wilderness. Some of the Tribes expanded their knowledge in other fields and traits, some developing different military strategies. Each becoming a legendary force building on the four main sectors of their society.

They found themselves boundless in their growth, strength, studies, and infrastructure. They had become...

Super Tribes

Attachments

• SuperTribes Easter.gif
    SuperTribes Easter.gif
    77.9 KB · Views: 623
Reserved for the rules....

Five Human Players ~

Cyc - Russia
TomBxx - Korea
Hawklord - England
Elephantium - Macedon
aksully - Rome

All human Tribes will have the default traits of Agricultural, Industrious, Militaristic, and Religious. Regardless of which Tribes the Human Players choose to play, these 4 traits will go on top of the standard two traits associatedwith their choice. The Players may choose any Tribe, and base their choice on existing traits, the Unique Unit, the projected Golden Age, the Wonders required to trigger a Golden Age, etc.

Each chosen Tribe will retain the two default technologies normally associated with them. No "extra" technologies will be handed out.

The Golden Age for each Tribe will last 25 years, instead of the normal 20. Each tribe will have to build a Wonder for each trait associated with their Tribe, unless they can manage to build Wonders that cover two or more traits. The Unique Units winning a battle also initiate a Golden Age.

Each Player will start with 2 Settlers and 2 Workers. The map is large enough that a second set will come in handy.

Map : Large, Pangaea, Wet, Temperate, 60% ocean, 5 billion years, X and Y wrapping.

Difficulty: Monarch.

Barbs: Roaming.

Game will look for Sn00py's TerrainX, if you have that, it's a nice addition.

Victory Conditions: The Standard 5 - Con, Dom, SS, Diplo, Cul.

Always Renegotiate Deals is on. As is Preserve Random Seed and Cultural Conversions.

Exploration and expansion will be key in this game.

This game is a 5 Player PBEM. The Players have been selected and the following posts will be for discussing the rules of the game. I will list the basics that we've established thus far, but I would prefer that the other players give me their input on the rules and policies I may have over-looked or need help on. Feel free to post questions and comments.

Well, I guess aksully is waiting for me to choose. :dunno:

I'll take Russia if you don't want it, sully. Greece, Korea, and England are all going to be tough to beat. I was waiting for you. :)

Now that was fast... :sad:

Yeah, we're trying to get the game up with some quick turn around times. We're looking for a turn a day, if possible. Hope we can maintain the speed for a long while.

Thank you, Sully. One of the reasons I asked for a preliminary Tribe choice by email was so that I could have all your emails. :) Can you please send an email to the Cyc address I sent you?

Just to be clear. Anyone one of the 5 players can change their choice of Tribe up until we start the game. If during the discussion/question/answer period below, you'd like to change, just let me know by email.

Is everyone content with standard game rules dealing with the Tribe appearance? No hidden identities, different colors, etc.

Let's discuss any other aspect of the game you might be thinking about. I'll post some specifics up in the rules post (#2) for reference.

Like, one of the things I'd like to change is Helicopters. Rarely used because of their limitations, chopters can be changed to become more aggressive. I want to double their operational range from 6 to 12, things like this and others listed below.

Operational range doubled from 6 to 12.
Attack strength changed from zero to 3.
Defense strength doubled from 2 to 4.
Given Zone of Control.
Moves doubled from 1 to 2

Maybe even give them a Bombard strength of 3 with a Bombard range of 3, keeping rate of fire at 1.

Post #2 updated.

Another thing I was concerned about was UUs upgrading. As it stands now, the game upgrades only some UUs.

Hoplite --> Musket
Huach'a --> Artillery
Cossack --> n/a
Man-O-War --> n/a
Legionary --> n/a

Is this a problem for anyone or does it matter?

Legionary should upgrade to MDI or Guerilla. The other two don't matter, unless you also make it so Cavs upgrade to Tanks and Frigates upgrade to Ironclads.

Ok, Legionary upgrades to MDI along with the other two (although I would have prefered the Legionary II from the 1st scenario.)

Any other input from anyone? Or should I just start the game rolling? If so, I'll make the changes to the Choppers and get this under way...

Thank you, Sully. One of the reasons I asked for a preliminary Tribe choice by email was so that I could have all your emails. :) Can you please send an email to the Cyc address I sent you?

Just to be clear. Anyone one of the 5 players can change their choice of Tribe up until we start the game. If during the discussion/question/answer period below, you'd like to change, just let me know by email.

Is everyone content with standard game rules dealing with the Tribe appearance? No hidden identities, different colors, etc.

Let's discuss any other aspect of the game you might be thinking about. I'll post some specifics up in the rules post (#2) for reference.

Like, one of the things I'd like to change is Helicopters. Rarely used because of their limitations, chopters can be changed to become more aggressive. I want to double their operational range from 6 to 12, things like this and others listed below.

Operational range doubled from 6 to 12.
Attack strength changed from zero to 3.
Defense strength doubled from 2 to 4.
Given Zone of Control.
Moves doubled from 1 to 2

Maybe even give them a Bombard strength of 3 with a Bombard range of 3, keeping rate of fire at 1.

OK..I'd like to make some comments here. The original values listed most likely reflect basic/1st generation Helos. They did not possess a zone of control (ZOC), were lightly armed, no bombarbment capability, yet had mobility and manuverability. But these don't warrant a defense of more than 1.

With the advent of the Huey equiped with machine guns and rocket pods..then attack values should be increased to no more than 1. Defense still 1

Then you would have a 3rd gen of helos in the later 70's dominated by the Russian heavy Gunships -Hinds. Heavily armed, heavily armored, and a real beast. Increase attack value to 2, bombardment 1, and defense 2, and a decrease of range due to armor and weight.

Then a 4th gen set of helos in the 80s dominated by the Apache with Chaingun and Hellfire missiles. Increase attack to 3-4, defense 3 and range increase.

So as such..I am against the proposed changes to the basic helicopter which I suggest remain as is given the info listed above. ANy changes to helos should be reflected in a tech tree addition. Otherwise I believe the basic helo values should stay as is.

And I am just back and look like another day to review this game. I'll provide my input tomorrow. Thanks!

Sully

The birth of the great Russian Empire has taken place in the small village of Moscow. The Game is on, people. Good luck to all.

gps to Tom, 4000BC.

very nice! what was the final decision on the helos?

Sully, I stayed up late waiting for your input, but I decided to go ahead and create the game before I went to bed. I forgot to change the Helos, so the changes made above exist in our game. I hope it may add an interesting aspect late in the game.

People, please post your gps in a timely manner. Please no covert save passing. We're looking for quick turn-around times for this game. Properly posted gps' will help with this matter. Thank you.

Top Bottom