Sword of Islam: Domination thread

Nice work!
Makuria is definetly one of the hardest civs to dominate in SoI, although I believe Sindh might be the hardest.

AP hasn't been around lately, so maybe we should start another domination challenge thread to compile all the civs, earliest dates and highest scores? I plan to play some SoI domination games myself soon. I can also do it, if you're not up for it?

Yes, with all the changes around expansion stability this list is a bit out of date. If you open a new thread it would be great, i'm not that good in formatting ;).

why are the sindh very hard? i havent tried domination with them, but they seem like one of the easier civs. even the AI does exceptionally well with sindh sometimes

why are the sindh very hard? i havent tried domination with them, but they seem like one of the easier civs. even the AI does exceptionally well with sindh sometimes

I've done Sindh once. An easy way is to convert to Hinduism and gain the Hindu title, that gives you a lot of border provinces. Then, rapid expansion with golden age and 100% culture will do the work as usual.

Hi AnotherPacisfist :)
I'd like to know how u managed to have that huge empire with a terrible stability everytime...It's almost impossible for me doing that....
If i was in your situation, firstly all civs were borning under my empire then ill collapse asap....
I won just a time game with Abbassid but ive used a tactical expansion....For instance, lets take 3 cities and stay in peace for long time....
I took all middleast with my vassals.....killed zangid, safanid (later reborn and become my vassal), fatimid, antioch, jerusalmen and oman, sultane of rum as vassals.....
My hardest time was against raging mongols but i survived with shaky stability....
Anyway, i become unstable just one time! and a civ has born in my land!!

I haven't seen AP around these parts for quite some time.

But to answer your question, the Roman Emperor title is the key.

Thanks for your reply ;)

About the question.....
Really?
Then if I take byzantinium cap i'll become immortal every time?
Thats a not great deal then, more funny to keep your empire stable before world domination :)

Those games were played before the Roman Emperor title was nerfed. Nowadays that isn't even possbile.

The three most important things to keep stability up are:
- Run Empire civic
- Build Topkapi Palace
- Liberate cities to your vassal

Especially the last one has the potential to provide an enormous amount of stability. I think you need a certain amount of cities, though.

Well, stability is never a problem, you can easily leave ur empire solid for the most time of the game:

I agree about PoB important thing and I add this one:

- You must have tons of units for destroy any civ borning in ur empire and keep those barbarians away.....

Mongols in abbasid, byzantinium, georgia and armenia can easily collapse your empire for instance...

hi, I've been trying for a domination victory with the Chauhans for a time. The problem for me is not stability but trade and gold income. I can't maintain a large empire when no muslim nation will trade with me. I wanted to know, how to vassalize other muslim empires and which ones to vassalize ?

hi, I've been trying for a domination victory with the Chauhans for a time. The problem for me is not stability but trade and gold income. I can't maintain a large empire when no muslim nation will trade with me. I wanted to know, how to vassalize other muslim empires and which ones to vassalize ?

During a Golden Age you can change religion to Islam and change back 5 turns later before the GA ends. Whilst you are (briefly) Sunni, the other Sunni empires should be much more willing to vassalise to you.

I find that Oman is more friendly and open to voluntary vassalisation than most of the others. They can all be encouraged to capitulate, but even this can be harder with some than others.

1.Build Spiral Minaret and Kutlug-Timur;
2.Raze useless cities like VeghKot, Somnath, Bhopal, Bundi/Kota, Tharri;
3.Use espionage against Ghaznavids and Sindh;
4.Also you can switch all cities on wealth:D
5.Don't expand like crazy, capture rich cities in N.Hindustan and start to tech and development your lands;
6.Explore the map, gift Caste system to orth civs to improve relations.

P.S. Look reports in Domination Challenge for strategies, timing etc

Top Bottom