System requirements are out!

I did not expect the gpu to be so high for recommended settings. Gtx 770. Is it for full hd or 1440p?

I'm surprised because they seem fairly low. I guess I didn't need to build a brand new gaming PC after all.... oh well. :p

Min seems to be rather low but maybe these are pretty true minimums as I have been able to play games with computer that is below the minimums.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/289070/announcements/detail/892100538370620761

Minimum
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i3 2.5 Ghz or AMD Phenom II 2.6 Ghz or greater
MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: 12 GB or more
DVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installation
VIDEO CARD: 1 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 5570 or nVidia 450)

Recommended
PROCESSOR: Fourth generation Intel Core i5 2.5 Ghz or AMD FX8350 4.0 Ghz or greater
MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: 12 GB or more
DVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installation
VIDEO CARD: 2 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 7970 or nVidia 770 or greater)

Other Requirements
Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 and 2015 Runtime Libraries, and Microsoft DirectX. Internet connection and acceptance of Steam™ Subscriber Agreement required for activation. See www.steampowered.com/agreement for details.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/289070/announcements/detail/892100538370620761

For those of us a bit out of the loop when it comes to hardware, is there any kind of online tool that will let us compare this against our own specs and give us an idea of how well or poorly it will run? Like a benchmark score type thing.

Is the i7 2600k able to run the recommended specs? I dont know what 4th generation means.

For those of us a bit out of the loop when it comes to hardware, is there any kind of online tool that will let us compare this against our own specs and give us an idea of how well or poorly it will run? Like a benchmark score type thing.

I can't speak to their accuracy and I doubt it's ready to go as the specs just dropped (on my phone);

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Is the i7 2600k able to run the recommended specs? I dont know what 4th generation means.

2600 is a second generation, but since it's i7, not i5, it's generally more powerful than recommended specs.

Phew! I JUST exceed the recommendations. Although, I play on 1440p... Shoot...

Anybody giving away high-end GPUs?

stealth_nsk,

Thank you. I would not be able to make it much sense if i had to look it up myself.

you might just google your graphics card name to know the amount of memory it has for example, or you can search for benchmarks where it is listed to compare it to what is specified here
general score is only a score because depending on what you want to run some things are more important than others so you can't just make a general score of it. this or that game may require more cpu speed or more cores or more ram or more gpu power, so with the same general score you could get different results...
it's not actually very complicated

So my Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics should be fine, right?:please:

It is kind of confusing looking at the specs.

My monitor is 1440p. So should my gpu be 80% better then the gtx 770. It has about 80% more pixels then full hd.

can't your monitor do lower resolutions as well? then if it doesn't run well in 1440p, just lower the resolution and you'll be fine, you can even add some antialiasing and get a very nice result for a lot less gpu power

We still have to try it first, since if i am not wrong graphics card in civ 5 minimum was 256 MB.

I had/have I5 with all the specs for civ VI maximum (minus graphics card). and I couldnt run civ 5, was very slow.

The bottleneck is always the graphics card, if they make a good use of it is fine, if not is a big shot in the foot.

It is kind of confusing looking at the specs.

My monitor is 1440p. So should my gpu be 80% better then the gtx 770. It has about 80% more pixels then full hd.

I would guess that depends on which resolution you play at.

I would guess that depends on which resolution you play at.

It is a minor issue. I`ll make it work probably somehow.
Most important thing is turn times and looking at the recommended settings. It should be possible to play on a large map with 10 civs. Which is my aim with this pc.
With a 6 year old cpu. Really nice, with civ 6 i might not upgrade for the next 3 years :)

For comparison, these are the Civilization 5 requirements:

Spoiler :
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz
Memory: 2GB RAM
Graphics:256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 8 GB Free

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 512 MB ATI 4800 series or better, 512 MB nVidia 9800 series or better
DirectX®: DirectX® version 11
Hard Drive: 8 GB Free

Top Bottom