TAM BTS v0.82 Released!

Thanks for keeping up the BTS development! I just got in my first TAM-BTS game (prince), and I'm impressed.

I had a couple of thoughts flavor/history-wise:

1. Great intro music!

2. How about adding glass-blowing, as the early art was considered a luxury, and not until about 1 AD through conquering the area of Syria did the Romans make it commonplace. I'm thinking that a Glassworker building could be added, and made available with the Furnace technology (though I'd be inclined to remove the Heroism tech requirement from the Furnace tech then). The building would do something like = +1 :) , +1 :yuck: and also create a tradeable luxury good Glass; And probably require a Smithy already be built in the city (net would be +3 :yuck: for a tradeable luxury)

Allowing glass should add some interesting side possibilities, including early researchers like Hero of Alexandria, and even some Steam-punk possibilities (not to go too hypothetical like artificial steam soldiers, but a wee bit of speculative like an early steam-engine).

3. Some Dyes should be coastal, and not require the Calendar technology. Namely the Mediterranean sea snail (whelk) that was used to make highly influential Tyrian Purple (Phoenician). I'd say at least the Fishing tech plus a workboat should be required to reveal and farm these. Not saying that the traditional CIV4 plant dye should be removed, just that there should be multiple sources. Map scripts should be altered to remove the amount plant dye, so dye isn't suddenly too easy to get.

4. Maybe add another flavor or two to the Sphinx wonder, so multiple civ's can build it to get an early Empire civic. Not to make it a national wonder, just to make it so a couple of civ's can snag the wonder. I'd think some other flavors might include one: from Assyria, perhaps a Roman Fasces one, and perhaps even a Terracotta army-inspired one.

I wish the intro music was playing the entire time that I was in this mod!

I agree with glass-blowing, but would also like to couple that with beeds. Beeds, as a form of jewelry were huge in ancient times.

I totally agree with the rare "dye fromt he sea" concept, and wish to expand on that with "pearls".

Mesix,

Yeah thats going to be addressed to. Its amazing the amount of things that were altered (in the engine) going from vanilla to BTS. I tend to use Cult of the Sun as long as I can afford to, but at some point, I have to switch to Cult of the Sea for the coin.

The AI uses Cult of War when its preparing for War, so sometimes thats a nice little warning...... haha

but this didn't change from Vanilla. Cult of Nature was still imbalanced because the massive populations you could grow boosted your economy more then cult of the sea ever could. Unless of course you built in the wrong place and didn't have a forest anywhere.

but this didn't change from Vanilla. Cult of Nature was still imbalanced because the massive populations you could grow boosted your economy more then cult of the sea ever could. Unless of course you built in the wrong place and didn't have a forest anywhere.

Yeah my early cities could grow to obscene populations in the early game if there was enough forest about with some civs like the Hittites. But as for other civs, like the Lydians, if you built on the coast (in the bigger maps) the trees never really grew towards the coast and you had no extra happiness while others (human players mostly) could keep growing so long as they didn't hack the forest down too quickly before having luxuries to make up for losing the forest.

Sorry I didnt mean they werent in the system, I meant they arent currently working. Im pretty sure they were working in TAM vanilla, its been too long though for me to be 100% positive about that.

I noticed that with the Jewish holy city you could not build the Temple with your great prophet unless you had switched to Judaism first. With other religions you don't have to convert to them in order to build their holy building/wonder. Was this intended?

Judaism and Christianity are considered Monotheistic Religions, and operate differently then the "Pagan" religions.

As with everything else right now they are under heavy review as well

Is the AI set to declare war if I found Christianity? It seems to happen everytime...2 or more civs declare war the same turn I found it.

Is the "Imperial Age" graphics changing to Civ4 modern looking workers (workers are using bowmen icons btw.) and to modern highways intentional? To me it looked like a graphic bug.

Will there be another BTS version? I would love it.....

I just tried to play TAM BTS v0.82 with BTS 3.17 No dice.:cry: I guess we'll all have to wait for a BTS 3.17 compatible TAM.

Are you sure?
I started TAM reaching the main menu before exit the game. Only noticed a BTS loading background in place of the TAM one, but game was running.
I'll try to start a full new game soon.

Yes, the same thing with me. But starting a new or saved game does not work. CTD.

So the moral is don't upgrade past 3.13 if you like TAM BTS?

Unfortunately yes.
A new version will come out soon

Is there a new version coming out? Will it be for BTS 3.13 or 3.17? Do you need someone with a lot of free time to playtest?

Yeah my early cities could grow to obscene populations in the early game if there was enough forest about with some civs like the Hittites. But as for other civs, like the Lydians, if you built on the coast (in the bigger maps) the trees never really grew towards the coast and you had no extra happiness while others (human players mostly) could keep growing so long as they didn't hack the forest down too quickly before having luxuries to make up for losing the forest.

I second that, Nature cult is rediculisly overpowered. It is almost a game breaker, we really need to change that to 1 happy face only for all the forest in the BFC for example. It is even more the case because pre-calendar luxes are so few and religion spread is made by pure luck only

Top Bottom