Team Babe Embassy

Any harm in sending Whomp a map now we have satelites as a bit of a thank you?

Send a pm to Whomp:

donsig said:
Hi Whomp,

We need to demobilize (so we can rebuild some of the factories SABER has destroyed) and signing a peace treaty with you is our only way of doing that. In order to make peace we must first make war. When your turn comes around would you please declare war on us again?

Thanks,
The Council

Reply from Whomp:
Hi Donsig,

I tried going in and declaring but I can't remember a hotkey to declare war.

There's no peace treaty option in the active trades section and I'm not sure it's because we're trading oil and horses for another 10 turns and they're grayed out.

Is there another way that I can't remember?
Whomp

This isn't on any of my hotkey cheatsheets - so I can't help him :sad: - can anyone get a reply asap to Whomp? :help:

We are trading oil and horses? :dubious: :spank:

One should not think our trade routes are save to that lone BABE capital enclave down in the middle of hostile land of FREE, should one? :crazyeye: :rolleyes: :wallbash:

I don't know of any hot keys either. I sent this reply to Whomp:
donsig said:
Hi Whomp,

We can't find any hot keys for declaring war. My only suggestion is to try to cancel the trade deals we have, though I know you said they are grayed out. If you can't declare war we'll try declaring war on you next turn.

Thanks,
donsig

Having active deals should not preclude declaring war in any case (only in Civ4). No idea what's up.

Any point in sending Whomp a letter at this point?
Even just as a sign of life?

Well, actually, we might want to ask him to move his settler so we can clear the tile its standing on.

EDIT: After looking at the turn 288 save it doesn't matter much right now. Thanks to SABER we have more than enough tiles to clear.

Proposed note:

Dear Whomp,

Thanks for the cash! You rule.
We've written a song in your honor. We call it, "Whomp, There it is" :rockon:

We expect it to be insanely popular for about a year - then only show up at sporting events to rev the crowd up during down times.

Thanks again!

- The Council

Thoughts?

Note From Whomp with the turn 295 save:

Whomp said:
Let me know how things are going? Do you still need me to keep the settler? If not, I have a city on Free that I can abandon and then you could take the settler.

No

We should take the settler to finally release BABE, shouldn't we? :salute:

I did not take the settler and we haven't replied to Whomp's message. Anyone care to draft a reply? I'm not sure if we need Babe to stay on or not. If they are eliminated we'll automatically revert to normal economy, won't we? Not sure if that would hurt us.

Proposed note for immediate release:
Dear Whomp,

We're finally reaching the end stages of this game. One way or another, we're almost done!

We'd like to now go to peace with you... but we'd like to capture liberate (?) your settler first. Do you need to disband your city in FREEland first?

Let us know!
And once again, on behalf of The Council, thank you so much for your endless patience and help.

General_W, speaking with the voice of The Council

Thoughts? Edits?

I'm a little worried about saying too much to Whomp... am I being paranoid? :shifty:

What if we just said something like 'Since the nuclear genie is out of the bottle, this game is almost over..."

You know, something that doesn't imply that we're actually not too many turns from winning? ;)

I guess we need to know if Whomp wants to abandon that city before we take the settler so I'll leave the settler be for now. I'd just add a time frame to the note, saying we'd like to be able to take that settler next turn (#297).

Should we say anything about what happens after BABE is gone? Babe members will then be refugees eligible to join another team. An invitation to join us or at least a 'you're welcome to join us' is in order (though we could save that for our final note to him).

Top Bottom