Team MERLOT

This sounds like a fun team, but I'm already on and can see this somehow falling apart. I just now read everything (I was intimidated) and I may have joined this one, if I had not already joined a private forum. I have a feeling though that people are either happy or so ticked off they wont even post.

I can't really see where you're coming from, but, I must agree, I can see us potentially breaking down. :undecide:

The problem is, until we have elected our first king, we can't begin our monarchy. :(

And I can't help but feel people don't want that responsibility or aren't interested enough. :sad:

If we manage to elect his Majesty, then we can begin to function, survive and even compete against the others. Until then, however, we won't get off the ground. :cry:

However, the game has not started yet. We're still blessed with time to get this show on the road. :king:

No need to worry, there is plenty of time to get set up and start. Now that we have our private forum, we all need to get access and get with the business of ordaining our monarch :).

There are going to be a lot of nay-sayers speaking against any kind of new idea. I think they have to do that. I have been a nay-sayer before, and I have had nay-sayers do their nay-saying against ideas I support before. Inevitably the idea will pass or fail based on the idea, and the idea is a well constructed and thought out one. So I suggest people just relax and enjoy it - you are in at the beginning, so congratulations.

I tend to smile when anyone posts something like, "I think this is a great idea, but I don't think it is a great idea." The psychological warfare in online games is part of the package. Roll with the punches. When we finally get our own forums I will talk more about it - give it the attention it's due and dismiss it.

Rest easy knowing that this isn't a fly-by-night thing. People involved have been responsible for running massive guilds in games before - much bigger then this will ever be. Inevitably this is a little diversion that you are going to enjoy - so enjoy it.

I suspect that in the next team game a lot of teams will make some changes - maybe not to Total Monarchys - but lets face it, the bar has been raised, and you are part of it and you are about to become a cornerstone of it. So enjoy it.

Cheers.

Total monarchy has the potential to be very fun, since politics are more subversive and lucrative than in a total democracy. Besides, if there's a Option A and Option B, even if I like Option A I would much rather have Option B than a design-by-committee Option A+B.

I just found this game and applied to this team.....waiting to get authorized on the private forum.

How do I get access to the team forum? Someone please help!!!

Thx I'm in

Hail to the king!

If you'll have me, I'd like to join you all on this merry crusade for good, old fashioned monarchical values.

I'm a bit out of practice with civ, and I have little MP experience, (although recent experiments suggest I can still give Emperor a good thrashing on SP). But I can promise to be a loyal subject, if not necessarily a very talkative one. :)

Of course you are welcome, Winston! :) The more, the merrier!

Here's the link....click on "Join" for BTSDG Team Merlot and wait for an admin to approve you. Once approved, our private forum should appear separately above the rest of the forum threads.

Hey everybody, now that we have our private forums. Please go to this link and sign up for the Team Merlot group to gain access to our area.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Top Bottom