Term 2 Ministry of State Authorized Violence

Hey. I don't know if anyone from the Military Dept. is going to read this in time, but I thought I'd post it anyway. It's basically a 1 Turn Chat Battleplan. It will get us Pompeii for sure and possibly Antium and Neopolis (depending on if other units like Horses are produced). I would try to get Furyama and Epolenep switched to Horses (4), Odawara to Barracks in 3, and Immo producing Spears possibly (whatever). Turns are color-coded with key/text below.

Code:
Battlplan Key/Text

First turn - Red
Second Turn - Lime
Third Turn - Orange
Fourth Turn - Light Bluue
Fifth Turn - Pink
Sixth Turn - Yellow
Seventh Turn - Dark Blue
Eighth Turn - Purple
Nine Turn - Green
      Keep Sword in En'Gha there
      Move Sword in Fanatikku to Odawara (auto-move)
      Declare WAR!
      at Pompeii 
      should take the 4 turn trip back to Odawara and regroup 
      to attack Antium.
9th - Avance towards Antium with all Odawara Swords. Sword in En'Gha can
        help other units take out Neopolis or advance to Antium or stay as defense.

blackheart said:
Even though I'm not part of this ministry, I think you should consider focusing on horsemen for now. We already have enough swords and will soon need Samurai.
Done :) We will get 2 Swordsman and 2 Horseman from Shorin-Ryu in next 10 turns (one turnchat).
I want to express my concern that we will encounter buget problems considering upgrade of units. With 2 new Horseman from Edo province, cost to upgrade all our Horseman to Samurai will be 320 gold. This sum will be even larger because other provinces will be building Horseman too.

I have a possible list of Goals here:

Goal Set #1: Take Pompeii and Antium, and get Neapolis in the Peace Deal
Goal Set #2: Take Pompei, Antium, and Neapolis, and get Fur Tribute
Goal Set #3: Take Pompei, Antium, Neapolis, and any other Cities we can take...

The Question of #3 is "How many Can we Take," and "Will others get involved?"

Personally, I favor Goal Sets 1 and 2. Short War, sets Rome up for the Final Blow later on, and keeps our force available to counter other possible threats.

So, my personal Primary Goals:
The Cities of Pompeii, Antium, and Neapolis. Plus any new Roman Cities if possible.

Other Cities, including the Fur Port of Ravenna, would be "as allowable" Goals.

Of course, I'm only Domestic.

Anyone from the ministry of war paying attention? We are less than 12 hours from the next TC. Provo or Civinator, can you please post instructions for our military in this time of war? For the 1st turn of the war I also recomend that the horseman in TBD be used to capture a nearby Roman worker and then return to TBD to wait until it can support nearby actions.

Please note: Epolenep will be producing 2 horsemen this TC. I would suggest that one remain in Epo as MP/garrison with the existing garison being moved to Regent Town to help with any possible defense (next TC I will build a replacement garrison). The second horse can move out to TBD to help in the execution of the war effort.

Edit: I leave it to the ministry of war to determine if it might be wise to use the TBD horse to try and "pillage" the Roman horse breeding grounds.

invy said:
Done :) We will get 2 Swordsman and 2 Horseman from Shorin-Ryu in next 10 turns (one turnchat).
I want to express my concern that we will encounter buget problems considering upgrade of units. With 2 new Horseman from Edo province, cost to upgrade all our Horseman to Samurai will be 320 gold. This sum will be even larger because other provinces will be building Horseman too.

That could be solved this turnchat if we attack Rome...

blackheart said:
We would need a plan of attack from this ministry first.

Then someone needs to make one... I think this is what I'm going to do.... Since the general concensus is to attack Rome (there was a discussion and plan somewhere), I'll walk up to Rome's borders this TC, so that means an abbreviated TC today.

Chieftess said:
Then someone needs to make one... I think this is what I'm going to do.... Since the general concensus is to attack Rome (there was a discussion and plan somewhere), I'll walk up to Rome's borders this TC, so that means an abbreviated TC today.

Refer to the FA instruction thread though. We need a heads up from the military about when they can be ready before a war is declared and whatnot. Why would this lead to a shorter TC?

blackheart said:
Refer to the FA instruction thread though. We need a heads up from the military about when they can be ready before a war is declared and whatnot. Why would this lead to a shorter TC?

Simple. The longer we wait, the more units the AI will have, and the closer they'll be to PIKES and KNIGHTS. In fact, look at Cyc's post at the top of the page (I use 40 posts per page). It's a battle plan for a start..)

What does it take to make a post vacant, promote the deputy, and appoint a new deputy that can post cyc's post as instructions?

*Going to check the code of laws*

edit: clarification - I'm not proposing this for this TC, but before Sunday's. Provo has not personally posted in the TCIC this entire term, but there has been indications from his deputy that he has been at least advised.

Here's one.

CT, we don't have 15 - 23 units. The battleplan I proposed above is doable with the units we have know and the ones produced this T/C.

That was just a generalized plan. We can send the stack we have right now due south, while sending in reinforcements. We're strong compared to them anyway... (but, I'd rather have more than 6 units...)

Yeah, that's why I sent the stack of 6 East to take out Pompeii first. When they return to Odawara, others will have had the time needed to join them. A first victory and then a combined strkie.

Well, at least with Chieftess' Map, we can carve Rome into "Military Sectors".

Sector 1: NorthWest: Neapolis, Antium, Pompeii, and any Active Roman Settlers.
All of these are excellent Goals for even a Shortened War with Rome, setting them up for the killing Blow from our Saamurai Swords.

Sector 2: Capital-East: Rome, Raveena, Hispalis
If Rome is not content to come to the Table after we consolidate Sector 1, We strike here. Though Rome probbaly doesn't have any Wonders, and neither Raveena nor Hispalis can lay claim to the furs on its own, we can really cripple their efforts here.

Sector 3: Southlands: Pisae, Veii, Cumae
These cities are in order from West to East. Also, these cities all lay on the South side of the Appenies (or whatever those Italian Mountains are called) so we should probably save these for last due to the Defensible Doctrine.

Also, I would like Sectors 2 and 3 to eventually become part of a New Province, along with the Iroquois Lands. But that's for when we get Chivalry.

Cumae can be the staging area for the Iroquois. Granted, they have Mounted Warriors... On the plus side, they're rather small.

I'm very sorry but I have been really busy with school work and football. I don't get home till 5:45 EST and have HW to do. But there is no rule to when I have to post the TC instructions. Cyc's plan is appealing but we must get swords for the later stages. His plan he proposed will keep us busy for this turn chat.

From the Deputy Governor of Hairando Province
To The Military Ministry

We hereby request that the horseman that is being built in Epolenep be moved to Regent Town to attack Babylon units in our territory upon its completition. We hope this will be added to your instructions. Thanks.

I would like to advice that our Swordsman attack Babilon Warrior/Settler pair on the flood plains near Fanatikku.Than to attack 2nd pair on a hill near Zojoji.
We need extra workers and we should remove aliens from our territory. From military aspect our Swordsman shouldn't have problems to defeat a Warrior and it could even promote.
There is also another Bab warrior there so we will anyway need a Swordsman there to avoid pillaging.
There is 1 Bab Spearman on wine tile!! Please attack it with our Swordsman which is positioned next to the Bab Spearman. We mustn't allow Babs to pillage wines.

Honored Minister Provolution or esteemd Deputy Minister Civantor,

I request that our soldiers be sent to capture the southern cities of Rome and Babylon that create a dangerous jut into our territory.

Top Bottom