Term 5 - Presidential Thread - Setting up the Space Race

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
Term 4 Presidental Thread

Welcome to the Term 5 Presidential Thread.

In the posts immediately below you will find the Turn Chat schedule, Fanatica's current status and my list of National Goals.

As always, I encourage discussion whether it is public or private.

The Executive Branch is;
President: Ravensfire
Vice-President: Rik Meleet
Domestic: Donovan Zoi
Military: Peri
Foreign Affairs: Bootstoots
Trade: Fionn McCumhall
Culture: Open

Judicial Thread
Senate Thread

-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatica

Attention!
I am looking for citizens, particularly non-US citizens that would like to run a turn-chat in times outside the normal US times. If you are interested, please PM me. I strongly prefer elected officials, but will consider any registered citizen of Fanatica.

Past
--------------
September 3rd, Chat 1
September 7th, Chat 2
September 11th, Chat 3
September 14th, Chat 4
September 17th, Mid-term review
September 20th, Chat 5
September 24th, Chat 6
September 28th, Chat 7

Resources
--------------
T/C Cheat Sheet

Note: RMT is Rik Meleet Time = GMT+2

Size 12 plan: Final phase - merging workers

Fanatican National Rail Road: Done!

Theory of Evolution: Done!

Universal Suffrage: Done!

Hoover's Dam: Done!

Fanatican Defense Force: In Process

Planning for Modern Age: Discussion Started

Long-term land development plan: Done!

Citizens of Fanatica!

Our war has expanded, as other countries have joined with Germany in their foolish attempts to bring ruin to our fair land. They have been shown the error of their ways, and this will continue!

Early in the chat, Japan joined with Germany in attacking Fanatica. Their attempts were met with no success, as the division of Samurai and Warriors were destroyed by our forces. The division of German Troops (2 Swordsmen and an Archer) were also destroyed.

Late in the chat, the Babylon Empire decided, after we traded them over 200 gold per turn for flight, to join in the attack. We, of course, cancelled the trade.

Our cities have continued to grow as more an more national work groups have been reassigned to cities. This has had positive effects on our production and income. Many of our workers have been equiped to clean up the effects of pollution that have started to appear on Fanatica soil.

The discovery of Flight also marks the end of an Era, the Industrial Age is over! Fanatica is the first civ to enter the Modern Age. We have started to research Computers to improve our defenses.

With the discovery of Flight, the entering of Babylon into the Evil Alliance, and Fanatica entering a new Age, I, along with Rik Meleet and Fionn McCumhall, whose help in this and other turn chats I gratefully acknowledge, decided to end both the chat, and this term.

To the new administration, I offer a new era of hope and possibilties. I gratefully thank the citizens of Fanatica who entrusted me with the Presidency. I can only hope that I have lived up to your high expectations.

I thank the members of my administration, the Legislature and the Judiciary, all of whom helped me when I needed it, whether I thought so or not. Thanks everyone!

Citizens, I wish to remind you that although close to the end, we aren't there yet. The treachery of Japan cost us another Luxury, putting several cities close to the edge of rioting. A great deal of coordination and planning is needed to build the spaceship and defend Fanatica. Please, continue to help your elected leaders to the best of your abilities.

My thanks, and farewell!
-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatica

Ok, is Raven done with this? ;)

Ok good :).

I would like to apply for "Time Keeper of Fanatica". My Job would include posting a Time Zone Chart in each Turn Chat instruction threads with the corisponding time :)

I hope I'm done spamming for the night! :D

I will gladly accept your help CG, and with thanks.

-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by ravensfire
I hope I'm done spamming for the night! :D

I will gladly accept your help CG, and with thanks.

-- Ravensfire

I can see the little Spammy train going places ;). Speeking as a #demogame op, you are already all set with you and Rik's Termaly Opships.

I will also try to make it to the Turn Chats to log them and post them in the thread (Boy I bet my HD would be glad that it is not going to start getting a clutter of DG saves ;) )

Congratulations President Ravensfire and Vice-President Rik Meleet!

It is a pleasure to see two such dedicated citizens holding the two highest offices in the land. Although the experience will be somewhat new to both of you, I have every confidence that the right choices will be made between you.

Also, the Domestic Office is now up and running. If I can help to realize your goals in any way, please feel free to stop by.

Once again, congrats to you both and Good Luck!

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
Domestic Leader

There are some positive things, even in major defeats. I don't have to clean out my desk in the VP- quarters nor in the Governors building in Klixus-Major, Esquiline.

President: Congratulations.

Of course I will support the President. Except if he keeps calling me Rik Meleel as in post number 1. ;)

IIRC you will not play many T/C's yourself. I am at your service, as is my duty, but I request some input on the date and time if I need to play.

Furthermore, yesterday's T/C - failure indicates that it is not wise to forget GMT as a standard time. I advise you to use EST and GMT both. And I request to refrain from using AM or PM in time-mentioning for GMT. Try writing it as 22:00 instead of 10:00 AM. Or 07:00 instead of 7 PM. (or the other way around).

Rik

Originally posted by Rik Meleet

Of course I will support the President. Except if he keeps calling me Rik Meleel as in post number 1. ;)

:blush: What typo? I don't see a typo!

Furthermore, yesterday's T/C - failure indicates that it is not wise to forget GMT as a standard time. I advise you to use EST and GMT both. And I request to refrain from using AM or PM in time-mentioning for GMT. Try writing it as 22:00 instead of 10:00 AM. Or 07:00 instead of 7 PM. (or the other way around).

Excellent suggestion! I'll be updating the various posts immediately.

-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by Rik Meleet

Rik

For the record, it is the other way around. ;)

Using your first two turnchats as examples, Ravensfire, 2pm CDT is 3pm EDT, which converts to 1900 GMT(or 7 pm).

7pm CDT is 8pm EDT, which converts to 0000 GMT(or the beginning of the next day!).

As you can see, these can be very tricky, especially since we in America are experiencing Daylight Savings Time. Once that is converted back to Standard Time(CST, EST etc), GMT will be one hour later on the conversion chart.

Please look at previous TC threads to get an idea of standard procedure. I think CG switched it up a bit last term, although that is still acceptable. Hope this all makes sense. :)

It might make it easier if we used forum time then there could be no cofusion.
What do you think?

Well, forum time can be set by the user. For example, I see the time as CDT.

I will be posting in the Turn Chat thread the CDT time, the GMT time and the RMT time, formatted as appropriate. CivGeneral has volunteered to then come along and fill in the other times zones, again formatted as appropriate. If a day or so has passed that I have not seen his post, I will update my post with the times.

Hopefully this will reduce any confusion.

Rik Meleet,

Would you mind working with the Governor of Capitoline (Falcon02) to coordinate the wonder building in Tyvek on Gorina? As part of that, please make sure the allocation of tiles being worked is maximized for our goals. Likewise any requests to get tiles worked.

Let's proceed using your plan, so go accordingly. I would still look at changing the bank in Tyvek to a Courthouse, but that's between you and the Govenor.

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire

Can I request please that Quirinal is fully joined to the TFR asap.
This is to facilitate the defence of Fanatica.

Originally posted by ravensfire
Attention!
I am looking for citizens, particularly non-US citizens that would like to run a turn-chat in times outside the normal US times. If you are interested, please PM me. I strongly prefer elected officials, but will consider any registered citizen of Fanatica.

The chain of command must be followed as far as playing the turns. Non-elected citizens are not on the chain of command.

There is no chain of command, it's just an understood thing. Ravensfire tried to establish one but it failed one vote short of a constitutional amendment.

Top Bottom