Term 5 - Quirnial Province: No Catch-Phrase Required

deshelbr

International Playboy
Quirnial is the fourth Province of Fanatica and was founded during the Term Three. A peninsula state and currently shares land with the neighboring Aztecs, Quirnial is still developing into the power it is destined to be. One important strategic feature of Quirnial is the canal built through Cold Harbor and Malvern Hill allowing quick access between Fanatican-Aztec Bay and the South Sea.

During my term as governor I plan to update these posts regularly, only adding additional posts when necessary. It is my intent to follow the instructions of the mayors as closely as possible. I will not deviate from those instructions with out informing the Mayor and explaining my reasons. I feel it is absolutely critical the Quirnial support the Size-12 Plan and support our military department, which will most likely disrupt the requests of some mayors.

1495 AD
To Mayors:
@ Bacon King, Civanator, Von Wichstein - Please make a single post for your city in this thread and update that post regularly. Include in your post the build queue for your city. I will be looking in this thread at those posts each time I update the province build queues. Also include in that post any instructions you have for micromanaging your laborers or requests for worker actions.

@ zorven – City name has been changed!

@ RegentMan - Courthouse for Cold Harbor has been nixed. DZ is going to rush either a Library or a Granary in your city. Unless I hear from you it is going to be a Library. Sorry about overriding you Build Queue but a courthouse will not significantly increase productivity for you; Cold Harbor is too far from the capitol.

Thank you,
Governor Deshelbr

Originally posted by deshelbr
zorven – Would you like to change the name of your city? Please give me the new name you would like for your city. After that I will start another discussion thread for renaming this city and in it offer a suggested new name. After allowing sufficient time for discussion, I will post a poll with all suggested names as choices as well as a choice for leaving the name as “Yet Another City”. As long as the name of the city isn’t something lewd, I WILL vote for your chosen city name. I realize we might be circumventing the normal procedure, but you asked for a change over a month ago.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new name. But I would like to see you follow the procedure I came up with in the
Office of City Names.

Also, Dman4eva was made mayor of PDX III last term.

1675 AD:

Build Queue

1) University
2) Cathedral
3) Hospital

Rush any improvement after at least one turn of production. Also, the build queue may be pre-empted for military purposes as determined by the Military Leader.

Laborer Assignments
Move 2 laborers from irrigated grasslands to coastal tiles.

Comprehensive Plan
I recommend the following plan for worker improvements to the surrounding tiles. This is based on the discussion here. This will allow for a city size of 20 with 35 spt and 51 cpt (before corruption or city improvements).

congrats on winning the elections! if there is some area where I could help you out, just let me know.

@ All - Please make a single post for your city in this thread and update that post regularly.

Personally, I would have chosen the method where mayors just add their new ques to the last page of the thread for some practical reasons, but if you want them this way, i'll do that.

do we have some kind of overall plan for terrrain improvements in the province yet? looking at the trans-fanatican railroad thread i found this*. I think this railroad should be constructed as soon as possible. if the DP follows this plan, I have some additional requests for worker actions.

1475 AD

Build Que
1. Temple
2. University
3. Bank

the current que, posted by you in the turnchat instructions thread, has an aqueduct in #2. this city already has an aqueduct.

Worker actions

along with building the railroad, irrigate the blue and one of the purple tiles.

@ zorven & DM,

Thank you for your prompt updates. I will change my instructions in this thread and the turnchat thread tonight. Thank you specifically for entering in your worker requests, they will be also added to the turnchat post.

I hadn't got around to doing exactly what DM did, I want to include a map of the fanatican railroad and show how much of it is completed. I believe the picture that you have included is Fier Canadien's plan, and I fully support it.

@ All Other Mayors - If you are around, please make a post for your city.

@ Dman4eva - If you are actively playing, please create a thread for PDX III and make a post for the city within this thread. At that time I will recognize you as mayor, add your picture to the map, and post your instructions in the turn chat threads.

D'yer Mak'er - would you be agreeable to a city border as I show in my image in Post #10 of this thread?

Originally posted by zorven
D'yer Mak'er - would you be agreeable to a city border as I show in my image in Post #10 of this thread?

@ zorven - from this question I take it you want me to pass along micro-management laborer instruction along to the president to assure that Gingerbread City and Yet Another City don't labor on each other's turf. Is this correct? If so I need to think of some way to efficiently pass along the instructions to the prez.

deshelbr - I guess that is what I was saying. The main advantage is that we can plan better if we know which tiles are "ours" and it could prevent any contentious disagreements down the road.

Originally posted by deshelbr
@ zorven & DM,

Thank you for your prompt updates. I will change my instructions in this thread and the turnchat thread tonight. Thank you specifically for entering in your worker requests, they will be also added to the turnchat post.

OK, I lied, I will do this in the morning PST. Still, it will get done before the turnchat.

Originally posted by zorven

@zorven - sorry for not responding earlier but the forums went down. I guess the immediate consequense of this proposal would be that we switched labouring these two tiles, thus moving 1spt from YAC to GBC:

Personally, I believe that 1spt would do more good in YAC than in GBC, at least for the near future. while GBC already has a fairly decent spt and improvements, YAC still needs aqua, court, market and temple.

@deshelbr - If this is done, then I want the new laboured tile (1 NW of GBC) to be irrigated.

another consequense of defining this border would be that the future capacity of Gingerbread City would be quite limited. should we have some kind of plan for what should be the future roles of the cities in Quirnial? should we make some parts large, and thus capable of producing great projects? should we concentrate on maintaining economic balance and output, and try not to overimprove cities? should some cities make workers?

Top Bottom