Term 5 - Quirnial Province: No Catch-Phrase Required

...as requested, the build queue for South Bootia

Marketplace
Anything you like
Anything you like

So essentialy just keep it the same :rolleyes:

Congratulations on your Governor appointment thingie :)

Originally posted by D'yer Mak'er
@zorven - sorry for not responding earlier but the forums went down. I guess the immediate consequense of this proposal would be that we switched labouring these two tiles, thus moving 1spt from YAC to GBC:

A good point......

another consequense of defining this border would be that the future capacity of Gingerbread City would be quite limited.

Our 2 cities share 6 tiles. I proposed splitting those evenly. It sounds as if you want more than 3 or a different set of 3. If this is true, what is your proposal?

@ deshelbr - you have 2 Aquaducts in the build queue for YAC in your chart at the top of this thread.

@DM, zorven, and Gainy

I've updated the build queues and other instructions in the turnchat thread. I think I got it right this time. I have also pasted up the Fanatican Rail Road map for Quirnial. I plan to have a more organized way of showing worker requests and laborer placement for the whole province by next turnchat.

I think DZ supports getting more worker concentration in Quirnial. If I don't see some inflow of workers this turnchat I'll bring this up with the Executive Branch.

I didn't ask for any changes regarding the city borders we have been talking about. If you want to have official borders that your laborers must not cross, I can accomodate that and see if the other mayors want to define their borders as well. If, on the other hand, you wish to try to work together without official designated borders when deciding laborer placement, that will work too.

Thanks for helping get things started on the right foot.

Ok man, I'm sorry I got side tracked, so here's the build queue as I understand it:

Aqueduct - 4 turns
Barracks
Granary

Oh, and by the way, congrats on your victory - and in "overtime" too!

*delete this if you need to*
Mayor Von Wichstein reporting!
what must I do?

Hello Von Wichstein,

Normally you would make a post asking to be mayor of Shaitan, but I'm going to assume that was you intent here and approve your mayorship.

What you need to do first is download the save game from the turnchat post in the main forum and take a look at the city in the game. Then make a post in this thread similar to the ones by Dman4eva, zorven, Gainy Bo, and D'yer Mak'er letting me know what you think the Build Queue for your city should be, along with any requests for Laborer Placements or Worker Actions.

Lastly, but still importantly, you need to make a new thread in the Government Forum for your city. It can be as fancy or simple as you want it to be. Here are some examples of other Quirnial City Threads:

Bootia
Yet Another City
Gingerbread City
South Bootia
DePaolo
Malvern Hill
Cold Harbor

Good luck, and thanks for joining us!

Governor Deshelbr

Governor deshelbr,

I am finally responding to your PM request for Courthouse rushes in Cold Harbor and Malvern Hill.

With all due respect, I would rather we build Granaries in these towns if we plan to make them worker farms. A Granary would help each city replenish its population faster so that we could produce a steady stream of workers. To further facilitate this, I would be willing to rush the Granaries right now for 168g each, and will make it a practice to rush workers out of these cities afterward so that we get them faster.

Now, here's where it gets tricky. It seems that your entire province was beset earlier with grassland mines as far as the eye can see. Why this was done I do not know, but it is something we need to address if we are to seriously make worker farms out of your outlying cities. I would suggest that all new workers built(or rushed) from your cities work on irrigating over the mines so that you cities can sustain the proper growth to provide a steady stream of workers. Almost all of the shields lost from the mines would be corrupt anyway.

Please consult your mayors and let me know what you think.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
Domestic Leader

Domestic Leader Donovan Zoi,

I don't argue with your logic that Granaries are better for worker farms, but being a more efficient worker farm wasn't exactly my goal. Cold Harbor and Malvern Hill are both 1spt cities right now due to corruption and a granary won't change that. I'm worried that both of these cities are threatened by the culture dominant Aztecs who have already flipped Jinjan and El-Amarna which are on the same penninsula. It would take 80 turns for either of these cities to product the Library to stop this.

Cold Harbor and Malvern Hill will never be able to produce anything effeciently (including settlers) until the corruption problem is dealt with. If you wish to rush the Courthouses so that we may build Granaries next, that we could probably make happen. But if we rush the granaries and immediately switch to worker farming we still run the risk of a culture flip and, because we will be producing those workers so slowly, we will be taking away Mayor RegentMan's game involvement for several turnchats.

Also, the all-mine layout of Quirnial is something recognized as a problem by several mayors and I'm working on a plan to correct. However, while I want to support the Size 12 Plan and get some workers out, I don't want to relegate every city to being a worker farm.

I'm interested to hear your opinon on this. Thank you.

Governor Deshelbr

Governor deshelbr,

In my experience, I have come to find that sometimes Courthouses do not automatically cut corruption in half, especially in the cities farthest from either capital. That said, I have a feeling that putting Courthouses in these two cities only net a 2-3 spt gain each. And at a time when we are trying to maintain a competitive Science Rate, I would have a hard time justifying nearly 550g for such a minimal gain.

However, maybe I can meet you halfway. What do you say we rush Libraries in these two cities? I believe the cost would be the same as the Courthouse rush, plus we will culturally protect these two cities. I don't want to lose them either. :)

After this, perhaps we can set the queues for 2-3 workers in succession each, without the Granary. I can make available the funds to rush these workers faster, so that your mayors can once again take control of their queues.

Incidentally, it is unfortunate that our most successful mayor experiments are taking place in our two least productive provinces. Please understand that my saying this is no reflection of your leadership ability, but more due to the harsh reality that most cities in Quirnial and Esquiline Provinces will never have the production to back up the grand goals of our fine mayors.

This is where my budget spending comes in. I have no problem throwing gold at these two provinces, as the other three can pretty much fend for themselves as far as production is concerned. I just want to make sure that we are making the right purchases at the right time. :)

Please let me know what you think. Also, I will be gone for the next two days starting at 7am EST Saturday. I will make one last visit here for your response, so that we may resolve this issue personally.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
Domestic Leader

PS. I hate to bring up new business, but I noticed that the city of Shaitan is due to complete an Aqueduct next turn. Hopefully you can agree that this site would be a great worker farm, and would therefore not benefit from an Aqueduct at this time. I think that our Military would be more than happy to receive another Cavalry into the fold, but I will let you decide. :)

Sorry, deshelbr, but I had to get going. Please strongly consider my suggestions from the last post, especially where the city of Shaitan is concerned. I have left approval to rush either Granaries or Libraries in Malvern Hill and Cold Harbor, but not Courthouses.

Thank you. :)

Domestic Leader Donovon Zoi,

I did some research by making a scenario in which a city was 18 spaces around from the Forbidden City. I then checked the productivity of the city before and after a Courthouse. The Courthouse had no effect. Therefore, I completely agree with your opinion that Malvern Hill and Cold Harbor should not build courthouses. I'm going to build a Granary in Malvern Hill and ask it be rushed in my turnchat instructions. I will be contacting Mayor RegentMan of Cold Harbor to discuss a Granary or Library there.

And I do feel the Shaitan should be producing workers for a while.

Thank you for your attention here,

Governor Deshelbr

The Cold Harbor thread has been updated for 1495AD. This includes the build queue, citizen status, etc. It's style has also been revamped. Check it out!

My Lord Governor,

I noticed that your current instructions for Cold Harbor include a Courthouse with the note that it is to be rushed.

Our Domestic Leader has expressly denied this particular request. I note you agreed with his reasoning just a few posts above this you. If you would, please clarify your instructions for me on this matter.

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatica

Originally posted by zorven

Our 2 cities share 6 tiles. I proposed splitting those evenly. It sounds as if you want more than 3 or a different set of 3. If this is true, what is your proposal?

@zorven- hmm. we can go with those for now. the issue is more complex for 'my' city beacuse of the large amount of overlapping tiles with the 4 neighbouring cities.

@deshelbr- i was thinking about the option of building a factory in Gingerbread City. perhaps change the current prodution of university? what do you think?

I would like you to ask the DP to irrigate the blue squares and draw the trans fanatican railroad along the black line illustrated below.

currently, due to some reason I don't know, I'm not able to download the save, so it could be a little difficult to be up to date in screens and such. i've asked the president to help me with that, but if anyone has had any similar problems, feel free to PM me any useful tips :)

Originally posted by ravensfire
My Lord Governor,

I noticed that your current instructions for Cold Harbor include a Courthouse with the note that it is to be rushed.

Our Domestic Leader has expressly denied this particular request. I note you agreed with his reasoning just a few posts above this you. If you would, please clarify your instructions for me on this matter.

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatica

Grrrr, you're right!!! I must be getting distracted when I'm making that because it took me like three tries to get it right last week also. It is supposed to be a Library getting rushed, not a Courthouse. Sorry about that, I will fix it ASAP.

Governor Deshelbr

Originally posted by D'yer Mak'er
@deshelbr- i was thinking about the option of building a factory in Gingerbread City. perhaps change the current prodution of university? what do you think?

I would like you to ask the DP to irrigate the blue squares and draw the trans fanatican railroad along the black line illustrated below.

currently, due to some reason I don't know, I'm not able to download the save, so it could be a little difficult to be up to date in screens and such. i've asked the president to help me with that, but if anyone has had any similar problems, feel free to PM me any useful tips :)

Hello Mayor D'yer Mak'er,

I feel that the University will do more to contribute the the science race our nation is currently in. However, with a factory your city will be more eanbled to build improvements as the game progresses. I'm going to switch it to a factory for now, but if you change your mind before the turnchat let me know and I will try to switch it back.

I will also pass along the irrigation and railroad request, and I think there is someone else who is having WinZip problems, but I don't know who it is.

Thanks,
Governor Deshelbr

Top Bottom