Term 5 - Science - The Neiberhood Laboratory

Bacon King

Emperor
Welcome to term 5 Science! In term 5 we're hoping to research though the industial age, and beyond!

Science Advisor- Bacon King
Deputy- Rik Meleet

---Current Science Research Que---
1. Radio
2. Flight
3. Computers
4. Fission
5. Rocketry
6. Space Flight
7. Ecology

Science Discussion Thread

Ok, I've got some bad news, I can't play civ. :(

Long story short, my cousin stole my civ 3 disk, when I go to get it back from him, he lends it to another cousin from Florida, and now I can't play PTW because someone deleted Civ 3 from my computer.

Its up to Rik for now.

Bacon, is there anything I can do to help you out? Screen shots, etc.

While you can't open the save, I think we can get you the information you need.

-- Ravensfire

As ye ask, so shall ye recieve.

-- Ravensfire

Bacon King,

I saw your post in the instruction thread to continue with the current queue. You may have forgotten that we will be completing the Theory of Evolution on turn 2. Sir Darwin's work will surely produce an incredible amount of scientific research as others attempt to confirm or disprove his work. As a result, we will be learning both Atomic Theory and Electronics on turn 2. I estimate that we will be able to further research one additional technology during this chat.

As a result, I would like at least the next two, and preferrably the next three techs after Electronics that we should research. Any suggestions by citizens would be helpful.

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatica

I think replaceable parts would be a worthwhile technology to have.

Bacon.... Don't worry about not having the Civ3 disc.... I didn't have mine for about 2 terms when I was Science Leader and was still able to do the job fine. You've just got to keep track of the current technology being researched, how long intill it'll be complete, and the current science/lux/tax rate. (ask the DP to add that information in the turn chat thread)

Then use this tech tree:

Tech Tree

That is the link to the ancient age tech tree, but the links above it can take you to the middle, idustrial, and modern age's.

Ok, considering that the t/c is less than 24 hours away, there isn't much time for a poll, so I will take suggestions for the research que. I agree with Peri, we could use Replacable Parts. Sanitation could also be good.

Also, as a note, I will be absent during the next turnchat.

That is also very true having hospitals would dramatically improve our capabilities.
Sanitation and RR then :goodjob:

Originally posted by Peri
That is also very true having hospitals would dramatically improve our capabilities.
Sanitation and RR then :goodjob:

Some of my citizens COULD use running water and Modern Doctors, the old witch Doctors are starting to get more and more mal-practice cases recently....

However, Daming up the "Lilienthal River" (the River that flows by Gorina and Tyvek, or at least my new name for it) with the Hoover dam should be our first goal, after we start that production I agree Sanitation should be a good next tech.

Don't forget about Nationalism, esp. the optional techs it opens up, we could use Police for our more corrupt cities and Spies to keep a track on foreign Units. Not to mention the space race later on.

LOL! What is it with the science department and spelling errors...:p

I am a little scared to mention this but since no one else has, I shall be bold and give it an airing. When I advocated RR 'replaceable parts 'n rubber', I did not consider that there might not be rubber within our borders and that no other country is able to trade it.
So my question to the panel is.... What do we do if we dont get rubber with our replaceable parts?

We only need Rubber for a very short time; to upgrade our older defensive troops to Infantry. After that the only time it gets useful again is when MI and MA are needed and for Spaceship parts.

Rubber is found in Jungle and forests. We have little jungle, but plenty of forests. What I don't know is whether we can get rubber on a tile where originally a jungle or forest used to be.

If we haven't got rubber, there should be enugh civs happy enough to trade it to us. In the very rare case no-one wants to trade it to us, and we can't obtain it by building colonies or cities; than this is a reason to go to war over.

Originally posted by Bacon King
Ok, I've got some bad news, I can't play civ. :(

Long story short, my cousin stole my civ 3 disk, when I go to get it back from him, he lends it to another cousin from Florida, and now I can't play PTW because someone deleted Civ 3 from my computer.

Its up to Rik for now.
Just PM what you need and I make sure you get all you need in order to perform your role as Science Leader. If it's graphs, screenshots, slider-adjustments, an overview of the quantity of libs or unis etc, just PM me and I'll make sure you'll get what you need. That's part of the Science deputy's task.

I would vote that we go for RP before Sanitation. RP gives us improved military units AND faster workers. I would like to have those improved workers sooner than later.

@ Rik Meleet - for those resources that were set when the map was created, the current condition of a tile does not affect whether or not the resource will be there when we discover the tech.

I think we should research Sanitation first, so we can turn our cities into metropolises that much quicker.

Bacon King,

Given the large number of worker improvements requested and the limited number of workers available, RP would be a great boon for Fanatica!

While Sanitation is a laudable technology, I'm not totally convinced we need it right now. I would like to see some of the larger cities (size 10+) with large food resources create a worker or two periodically for the Size 12 Plan. This would give Fanatica many great cities, not just the handful it currently has.

Per the instruction thread, I will be queuing up Sanitation after we discover AT and E. Once Sanitation completes, I will research Replaceable Parts. If you do wish to change this order, please update the instruction thread.

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatica

Top Bottom