Thing we can research:
-Monotheïsm 2 turns*
-Compass 8 turns**
-Construction 7 turns*
-Music 10 turns*
-Civil Service 17 turns
-Feudalism 14 turns*
all at current researchrate
Items with a * are researched by countries we know.
Items with ** could be obtained from trade at the moment.

Paths we could follow:
-Seafaring Path: Trade for Compass, research Optics (estimated time 10 turns). This will give us a chance to meet other civilizations by sailing our shiny new caravels across the seas. Then we could research Astronomy (very expensive) to get additional trade routes.
-Macemen Warmonger Path: Research Civil Service (17 turns) to build macemen. Could be done before Knight warmonger path.
-Knight/Musketmen Warmonger Path: Research Feudalism, Civil Service, Guilds and attack our enemies with knights. Then Gunpowder for Musketmen
-Economic Upgrade path: Civil Service(Bureaucracy) + Feudalism + Guilds. Then research banking for mercantilism and banks.
-Research Path: Civil Service, Paper, Education (Universities) or Printing Press (extra commerce).

MR Minister....

Just to keep you informed. We will attempt to trade for horsebackriding this term. Our SoW believes that its time for us to move past out outdated UU. IS there another tech that you want us to get in trade to help your goals for this term.

Well, when I checked, we could only get Horseback Riding. I've just posted a thread about our research goals, so I will give you the information when there's a little discussion there.
Basically, Metal Casting would be a good idea.

Mr. Minster of Science-

If we were to up our beaker count to 69 beakers/turn we can have CoL in 2 turns instead of 3. If I count correctly, we're at 62 beakers per turn. If appointed Gov. of BW, I'm going to move a worker from the weaker mine to a scientist specalist, giving us 5 more beakers (28 >> 33 and 62 >> 67). If another city were to build research for 2 turns we could have CoL a turn sooner, meaning we can start on courthouses a turn sooner, so we can dig out of this expansion hole we've gotten into financially.

That would be great, but I think you should talk it through with the governors council, either aim for CoL in 2 turns, or stop building research and do it in 3 turns.

I will bring it before the govenors, but shouldn't that come from you-- getting the govenors to pool their cities in a specific way to meet a science objective?

Well, I don't have any power over the governors actually, so I could ask it, but I believe the governors together should be able to work out how their cities would work best.

everything will be updated tomorrow

Minister Dutchfire if we can convince the citizens and Sec. of State there's an opportunity to capture 40g and calendar (we have incense that's not hooked up) for polytheism and alphabet. This would allow us to increase our research rate and get it a turn or two faster for a possible monopoly tech in metal casting.

How do you feel about this?

Dutch.. I agree with Whomps idea and will present it for citizen polling. I would appreciate if you would let us know your thoughts on this idea.

I guess it's okay, I will just check the save for myself.

Our scientist have obtained the location of the equator, it's between 1S and 2S of Toot Uncommon (and between 1S and 2S of New Port City too).

Updated (this thread is now actually above the term 5 Judiciary thread!)

seafaring..helps with relations and will increase trade once we get ocean trade possible. If we trade for compas it increases the possibility of getting our boat to the other civ and saling around the world.

btw I didn't mention the Divine Right path, but I think it's too much of a long shot.

In this time of war, what is our next tech to research, Mr. MoS? May I humbly recommend construction for 2 reasons: 1. It gives us catapults. 2. we can have it in 7 turns.

I'm not sure 2. is a reason, Fetch ;)
I agree with the construction argument, but think we should get back to the seafaring track after that. The troop types we have are good enough to win this war (unless Bizzo has something hidden!), we just don't have enough of them.

first construction, then seafaring.

Top Bottom