Term 6- Trade Ministry - Trading Our Way Into the Future

RegentMan

Deity
Welcome to the Trade Ministry! Feel free to post any trading ideas, or any questions/comments. Thanks for stopping by!

These are the active trades. For possible trades, please visit the next post.

Our reputation is shot

**These are as of 1772AD.**

Civ Name (Attitude)
(# turns left) They give for we give - additional comments

Greece (Gracious)
26gpt for Iron Greece already has a native source of iron! Lets leech these suckers for all they're worth!

America (Furious)
At war!

Aztecs (Annoyed)
6gpt for Dyes Re-negotiate for 9gpt

Germany (Furious)
No active deals

Babylon (Furious)
At war!

Persia (Annoyed)
(2) 35gpt for Wines, dyes
(12) 290gpt

China (Furious)
No active deals

Russia (Polite)
37gpt for Wines - Cannot re-negotiate for a better price
(12)Gems for 60gpt

Japan (Furious)
At war!

These are possible trades. For the active trades, please visit the previous post.

Our reputation is shot

**These are as of 1772AD**

Civ Name (Attitude)
They give for we give comments

Greece (Gracious)
WM, $107 for Space Flight No thanks.
WM, $107 for Spices Our spices aren't secure at the moment.

America (Furious)
WAR!

Aztecs (Annoyed)
WM, $6, 19gpt for Flight No thanks.
WM, $6, 19gpt for Motorized Transportation No thanks.
WM, $6, 19gpt for Radio No thanks.
WM, $6, 19gpt for Amphibious Warfare No thanks.

Germany (Furious)
Silks, WM, $1400, 412gpt for Space Flight Do we want to give up Space Flight?
Silks for $1664 Please vote in the poll
Silks for 93gpt Please vote in the poll

Babylon (Furious)
WAR!
Peace! Peace Treaty for Peace Treaty, $60 I know most of you don't want to pay for peace, but they have excess incense. $60 for a possible incense trade?

Persia (Annoyed)
WM, 60gpt for Uranium Maybe?
WM, $1095 for Uranium Maybe?

China (Annoyed)
Furs, WM for Space Flight See below deals for possiblities for a furs trade.
Furs for $1545 Please vote in poll.
Furs for 86gpt Please vote in poll.

Russia (Polite)
WM, $210, 44gpt for Fission Please discuss.
WM, $210, 44gpt for Space Flight Please discuss.
WM, $210, 44gpt for Computers Please discuss.

Japan (Furious)
WAR!
Peace! Peace Treaty, Worker (Japan), Worker (Japan), WM, $7 for Peace Treaty Please discuss.

RegentMan,

I see your comments by several deals that the trades aren't worth enough. My question is do we have an alternative market for those luxuries? If we don't, isn't getting something out of them better than getting nothing?

-- Ravensfire

Raven: We are a very trustworthy trade partner, but we aren't idiots. If they want our hard earned technology, they should pay up. And I mean really pay up. I wouldn't go for less than 150 gpt per tech per civ.

Luxuries and strategic resources are cheaper for the opponents, but please refrain from trading oil or rubber or uranium or Aluminium. I think by not trading those we are crippling the opponents's ability to threaten our spaceship.

Just a thought.

RegentMan,

In general I agree with your recomendations. However, like ravensfire said, are we better off getting something for our dyes and wines?

RM - for techs and resources I absolutely agree with you.

I am concerned about the luxuries. Although relatively minor, 20 odd gold per turn is still more than we would have otherwise. These countries we are trading to are small countries that won't pay a great deal of money for luxuries even if they had the cash.

-- Ravensfire

Sorry about all of the negative comments. You all are right; our luxuries are better off traded than sitting in my back yard. I have revised the orders to favor these new ideas. But the American one (WM, $8 for wines) still bothers me.

I would like to ask the Trade Department to consider purchasing Silks from England if we sign an alliance with them against Germany, Babylon, and China and if they have an extra resource of Silks after that alliance is signed. They will be able to trade with us after the alliance due to the war with Germany canceling their trade embargo. This will counteract the effects of losing Furs from China last turn. We may trade them any one of three outdated techs for Silks.

I believe they could still use Germany's ports to send us silks as long as England is not at war with Germany.

Originally posted by zorven
I believe they could still use Germany's ports to send us silks as long as England is not at war with Germany.
Us being at war with Germany cuts off their harbors for a trade route.

Unfortunately, I do not remember the thread I was reading, but it was said that a civ can use the road and harbors of a civ they are not at war with to send trade goods, no matter who they are sending them to. Maybe they were wrong or what they were talking about was fixed in a patch, because in our game we can't trade with England.

I posted this in the Oct. 8th instruction thread to be sure it would be seen, but this is the appropriate place for part of the discussion, and the Trade Leader needs to decide whether to take it forward... :D

Greece will give us 76gpt + WM + 60g for Flight. They are the only major power at peace who do not have it, so it's not like we're giving them something they can't get anywhere else. And they will throw in a MA against any combination of our current adversaries for no extra charge!

Originally posted by DaveShack
Greece will give us 76gpt + WM + 60g for Flight. They are the only major power at peace who do not have it, so it's not like we're giving them something they can't get anywhere else. And they will throw in a MA against any combination of our current adversaries for no extra charge!
I put this in the second trade post. It might be a good idea, but then they'd trade it to all of the powers we're at war with, and before we know it, we're being bombed from the air. In my comments, I had asked for discussion. Please discuss!

That was done, though we received somewhat less gpt and we got an MA out of it against China, Babylon, and Germany.

BTW, Babylon and Germany both have air forces; Babylon engaged in some limited bombing of the Persian Landing area early in the war.

The Trade Ministry might want to take a look at these potential deals:

America: 10gpt and 45 gold for Horses
Greece: 21 gpt for Spices
Actecs: 19 gpt and 80 gold for Coal

Top Bottom