The Age of Despair

So seeing how this mod veers away from established canon, just how uncanon can we get?

Edit: err... sorry about that

By the way, is the new 'Repentant" faction's leader, Bar Duros, a mortal avatar of Sirona? If so, woudn't it be able to ascend her? Kind of like what Auric would have done?

Theoretically, yes... But since it requires the "Blood of Angels" to ascened, it's unlikely Sirona would agree to it.

It seems unlikely, but perhaps if some were obtained as a side effect of vanquishing Hyborem or a successfully ascended Auric she might use it.

Ascension would of course not be her main goal. She might even relish the greater free will that lacking a precept gives her, and so refuse to ascend if the means of doing so were readily available. If she does ascend, I'd imagine that she would do so very reluctantly, out of fear that there was no other way to save those she loves. She would view it as a form of self sacrifice instead of exaltation. I think she would much rather convince the other gods to give up their precepts rather than regain hers.

I could also picture her bequeathing her precept to someone else. Maybe she would want to make Nemed a god again, as the precept may help him heal from the emotional wounds that he would otherwise continue to suffer in his eternal "mortal" life. I doubt that one of the original gods would need anyone else's blood in order to ascend.

Spoiler The Braduk Alliance :

Capria kneeled in front of the Altar, still wearing her armour. Whipsering, she began praying.
"Lord Junil, please lend your aid to those most loyal to your course! We have need of godly assistance like never before! The Infernals are closing in on us, each day claiming more Bannor lives than the previous. The Amurites have fallen to their demonic crusade already, even Basium has fallen in battle."

She paused. She had repeated this ritual every day for the past year or so. Never once had Junil answered her prayer. She felt the slightest inch of doubt gnaw at her faith, day by day. Why was Junil not answering her prayers? Was he... Afraid? Afraid of breaking the compact, perhaps. If Junil was defeated, it would surely mean the end of the world. Then again, as long as Junil did not lend the Bannor his assistance it was a matter of time before the end of the world was inevitable.

Capria blushed slightly as she realized how long she had paused in her prayer. Whispering, she continued.
"As the remaining leader of the Bannor, succeeder of my father and brother, I beg of thee, Junil, rain thy blessings down on your most loyal of subjects and reignite their spark of hopes! Now more than ever, the Bannor need help from above."

Capria fell on her knees and bowed her head to the floor. She remained like that until she felt a gaze on her. Her soldiers often entered the small chapel while she was praying. They all admired her devotion. She looked to the door, expecting to see one of her soldiers, perhaps her second in command.

Capria stood up at once as she realized that the person in the door was a stranger. A female, from the looks of it... Not wearing any armor. Or weapon. Who was this stranger to intrude in the most holy of places in the small Bannor camp? With a forceful movement, Capria took up her sword and walked towards the figure in the doorway.

"Halt," Sheelba said as she raised her palms towards Capria. "I have a message for you, Capria of the Bannor."

Capria stood doubting, the sword still in her hand. What was a Clan orc doing here? They had hid in the woods for years. Determined to atleast hear what the orc had to say before killing her, Capria answered: "Speak, orc."

"You request help from above, sister. I have come with what you seek. It is time to reunite the former empire of the Bannor, under the guidance of Brigid the Shining!"

Capria looked sceptically at the orc. She seemed convincing, but what she said was impossible. Capria had seen Brigids prison herself. The Ring of Carcer was impenetrable.
"Your vision is illustrious, orc, but I trust more in Junil than in what rumours you carry of the return of Brigid," she answered.

Sheelba lifted her right hand to her throat and showed a small necklace to Capria. In the deem light of the chapel, Capria could see clearly that the jewel glowed like from within.
"I bring more than visions, sister. I bring salvation. I bring hope."

Capria instinctively blinked as a bright light filled the chapel. Descending from the lofty ceiling archs, an angel seeming to consist of pure light appeared. Capria's heart almost skipped a beat as she realized that the orc has spoken the truth. Then Brigids voice filled the chapel.

"Bannor! I have been freed by this woman, Sheelba of the clan of Embers, and for that, she has earnt the uprise of her race to their former glory. What I ask of you is to join forces with them, as equals. And unify your forces against whatever enemies you may encounter, be it Infernals or fallen men. If you stay here to fight the Infernals on your own, you will surely die. Join my cause and live. Join my cause, and save the world that you cherish from the flames of hell!"

Capria recapped the situation in her head in an instant. She knew the angel was speaking the truth. Every day she remained here would mean more fallen soldiers until they had all perished. Perhaps joining forces with the clan would be the right thing to do after all. She thought about her unyielding loyalty to Junil. He would understand. His loyal subjects were in a crisis. They would make due with what divine guidance they could. Which meant the guidance of Brigid, for now. With a nod, she accepted the angels proposal.

Thus, the Braduk Alliance was forged.

Definantly going to port over to Fall Further. they've worked out the kinks in having different barbarian civilizations!

None whatsoever. I don't like any of the new civs they add, so they'll all be gotten rid of. aside for that, they have alot of cool mechanics that would be fun to have. you should give it a whirl.

was going to start the port today, but got called in to work, and just got home :(

Hmm...if you are stripping out all the FF material but keeping the SDK/Schema anyway, would you mind releasing a stripped down base version containing all the normal FfH stuff in an FF compatible format for other modmoders (like myself) to use as a base for their modmods? I was thinking I might do that myself, but it seems rather daunting and having such a base to download might let me get back to serious work on my modmod sooner.

Fall Further adds civs, civics, promotions, spells, buildings, terrains (lizardman wetlands, plus the hell version of water which I don't mind), features (lizardmens deep jungles, Scions' haunted lands), improvements (lizardmen swamps), python functions to apply things like the lizardman/scion terrains and Khadi Vault Gates, Great Person popups, a different tech tree (similar to the original Ice tech tree), different units (they still have knights and war chariots seperate, for example), new unique features, guilds, etc.

I don't want to use the majority of these, and can easily add those I do want back. It would be easier to work off of a mod that is essentially identical to the standard FfH but has all the abilities of FF.

Nothing is essential ATM, Honestly... anything that strikes your fancy to write will be appreciated. any leader or Civ would be good.

if you need any specifications on any, PM me, please

Spoiler Auric Ulvin :
Auric Ulvin looked at the Illians. Proud warriors, every single one of those who stood before him. They were those who had survived where the weaker members of the tribe had succumbed. Since the beginning of the Age of Despair, his people had suffered horrible losses, both to the spreading heat that came with the march of the Infernals, and the blade of the cunning Grigori.

But at last he had been able to corner their leader, Cassiel, and his remaning men, deep in a frosty chasm. He had cherished the moment when Cassiel had realized that there was no way out. The Illians had been charging at the Grigori, filled with righteous rage. Looking to their rear, the cowards had discovered a massive blizzard blocking the other motuh of the chasm.

Tha battle had been short, but bloody. And the Illians had emerged victorious.

So now, Auric turned his attention to other matters. He had struggled many years to complete various exhausting rituals and after each, he had felt his power grow. He had drained it for now, leading the massive blizzard to hinder the Grigori in escaping. But he had gotten hold of Cassiel. The blood of the Angel could be of good use to him.

He woke from his heavy thinking and smiled. His people would aid him in this. Soon, the eternal winter would come. Not even the Infernals would be able to defeat Mulcarn's chosen on home ground.

Top Bottom