Thorvald of Lym

A Little Sketchy
Purpose: To oversee the DRAW Your Own Story thread, to make recommendations pertaining to the thread, and to uphold the quality of DYOS overall.

Link to current thread
Link to DYOS X, Part II
WRITE Your Own Story!

Indexes of broken images
DYOS X
DYOS X.ii

Any forumer who posts a cartoon is automatically entered into the consulate, and can debate on issues relating to the story. To pass a motion, a majority vote of 66% of the consulate is required. If, however, a week has passed and no further action has been taken regarding the motion, the vote will be tallied as it stands.

Members are suspended from the consulate if they have not contributed to the story for a week (they are automatically reinstalled when they post a new cartoon). If you will be inactive for a prolonged period of time, please be courteous and notify the consul beforehand.

The consul oversees the following:
* Planning and organizing the story
* Placing posters on probation (see below)
* Expelling posters from the consulate (and thus, involvement in the story)
* Decisions regarding the future of the thread itself

If a poster has violated any of the rules of DYOS, the consulate will vote to place the perpetrator on probation.
1st Probation: 2 days between comics
2nd Probation: 3 days between comics
3rd Probation: 5 days between comics
If the offender continues to break the rules, the consul may suspend the offender indefinitely.

Note that the intent of the consul is not to control the story's contributors, but to improve plot coherency, and hopefully the story overall. Whether or not you are a contributor or observer, please feel free to voice your recommendations. We're here as much for your enjoyment as our own!

Members:
(Suspended names in brackets)
Angst; (Captain2); (choxorn); Chukchi Husky; (CivCube); Triumvir CivGeneral; (DaemonDD); (e350tb); Gruekiller; JohannaK; (KaiserElectric); (Kan' Sharuminar); (kill fire); (MartinLuther); (NinjaCow64); Omega124; (Perfection); (Reus); Robert Can't; (SamSniped); (Stylesjl); First Lady (Stylesrj); Vice-Consul (taillesskangaru); Consul Thorvald of Lym; Tolni

6 votes needed for majority ruling

First Probation:
none :goodjob:

Second Probation:

Third Probation:

Expelled:

Last edited:
Oh ehms to the gee!

Mmmmmm...there's nothing like the smell of fresh thread in the morning evening. :p

It's out already? But it's not even the weekend!
Oh well. I'll see if I can get something done by Sunday (my time!)

Time for a darker and edgier Stylesrj comic...

(And about damn time too)

Is Perfection going Gangnam Style?

RON PAUL WARNED US
WE DIDN'T LISTEN

Somewhere in South-East Asia. That place gets no love from us.

Gruekiller demolished Naypyidaw for S's and G's. Does having your country get beaten up on by a DYOSer count as love?

I have a plan, but I'll need to know - is anybody using the Gogf?

I this is the tail end of FTR, CG, I believe it should belong in FTR, not DYOS XII, since people who don't follow FTR will be at a loss here. I really mean it, if this were the last comic of FTR, you could use it here as an anchor, as I suggested before. But it's okay, you are free to do as you choose to.
That has been the intentions of the beginning of my comic for 12. When I describe "tail-end", I'm referring to the last few comics in FTR. The only difference is that the comic for 12 mainly focuses on me instead of Nozomi.

Red October, Standing By.

I was looking forward to participating in DYOS XII and really wanted to try invest at least one comic into it, something I have issues finding time to between all the other creative endeavours I've taken upon myself. (For the uninitiated, I'm writing literature and music. A lot. Of both of it. And between studies, time to do something I'm not good at - drawing and comicking - feels really sparse.) It was also good to see someone finally take some initiative, which I've tried to force, of course, and it fit perfectly that Thorvald did it.

But honestly, immediately after the OP's introduction, the thread feels completely the same. CG carries over something complex from DYOS XI, which is technically fine, as he feels a need to tie the plotlines together, but that should belong in DYOS XI. Now I'm seeing him duelling some enemy-I-don't-know-because-I-did-not-follow-and-therefore-honestly-I-don't-care, and I have once again no idea what's going on in Stylesrj's comic either. But perhaps I'm just dense. Perhaps I'm lacking something. Perhaps it's my own attitude problem. Perhaps this just ain't for me no more. Perhaps I'm just finding excuses not to draw for DYOS anymore.

But my fundamental a-hole point is that with the entitlement of kneejerk retrospection, we should've done that bloody hard reboot and just rolled with whatever showed up.

I'm sorry about the rudespeak. I get that I didn't build Thorvald's, or CG's, or Stylesrj's intricate worlds and character rosters. I've never gained the attachment to these things that they might've built as I didn't make them. But that also means that I don't intrisically care about these worlds. I could give a damn. Which means that personally, I give a damn whether they're carried over. Also, I, perhaps contrary to them, understand that just because something doesn't sequelized doesn't mean it disappears. These worlds don't die if you guys drop them. That's the nature of literature. Get over the attachment issues, people. If you made something and put it out there, it will live forever, and should not hurt letting go. They're not living things.

Anyways, this is perhaps just me excusing myself from participating in the thread. You know, telling myself it's other people's fault. And it's really not you guys' responsibility to keep me active in the thread. You should give a damn. Rant over, over and out.

I'll still try to participate ofc, just wth.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I just realized I unwittingly started a whole subthread and plotline about my destruction of the world. You note how I don't cry about that thread or those plotlines not getting attention anymore? Yeah, seriously: Just kill that world. Story's done.

I respect your opinion about not giving a damn about our worlds. It's probably just an attitude thing and I have severe attachment issues with fictional characters. Seriously, I recycle characters and worlds a lot in my fiction.
Can't let go of an idea or person really.

Although, I'd like to add an issue of my own:

It's a good start, but DYOS normally has something to seek.
I can't exactly find anything to seek in the OP. I could make my own, but like Angst said, that's world-building he can do without because who cares if "My characters from DYOS XI" are seeking "Mysterious artefact they made up".
It's mostly their plot and no one else can really "join in" as they don't know how the item works.

If the OP provides it, we can make up stuff as we go along. Like the Monkey Statue. Or the Avatars going rogue. Or the Hacker.

Top Bottom