The Election Office

2:30am GMT, so I would assume it would be 4:30am where you are.

We should definitely be zipping the chat log for the entire evening. We can separate the different debates by running some colored lines at the end of each one. Then upload the zip and provide a link to it. That would give all candidates equal representation. :goodjob: By the way, who is responsible for logging the debates? Can we get a name on this?

Boots - the Next Elections would feature Ziped logs :)

I would like to be the Runoff and Special Elections Coordinator, as well as the Election Results Manager, if that's ok with you, CG.

One note - The #debates room has 3 ops that were not included in the list. They are:
@ Chieftess
% ChairmanYang
% Peri

Civ - IIRC, you are already part of the Election Staff :). But I can put you in the slot ;).

Dear Election office,

Due my holidays, which start July 22nd, I will be unable to "accept" any nominations.
I have no problem loosing an election or being removed from the province due to bad behaviour or bad handling of responsibilites, I just don't like loosing an opportunity to be electable for the position of Governor of Esquiline because of not being close to a PC in the nominations period.

I therefore request a special favour from the Election-office to allow me to accept specified postions in advance.

Offically: "I'd like to accept the nomimation, if I am nominated, for the position of Governor of Esquiline"

Can you please grant me this special favor ?

Rik Meleet
Governor of Esquiline term 2 and 3 (and 4?).

Midnight GMT on the 24th, 8:00 PM on the 23rd EDT is generally how we do it.

EDIT: Argh...my brain misfired and had a 9+4=12 error :crazyeye:

Questions about elections:

1) Do nominations have to be seconded?
2) When are nominations no longer accepted?
3) Can incumbent leaders only run for one position and all others run for two?

1. No, seconding just shows support for candidates, you certainly don't have to have a nomination seconded and you can nominate yourself for any post.
2. They are accepted until elections begin at approximately midnight GMT on the 29th (8:00 PM EDT on the 28th).
3. That was an old DG2 law that is no longer in effect. Currently, you can run for any number of positions.

Ok, here is the schedule for debates. They are to occur in #debates and a chat log will be provided.

July 26 (EDT): Executive Debates starting at 8:30 PM EDT (00:30 GMT)
The tentative order the debates will be conducted in is as follows:
1. President
2. Domestic Leader
3. Military Leader
4. Foreign Affairs Leader
5. Science Leader
6. Trade Leader
7. Cultural Leader

July 27: Legislative and Judicial Debates at 8:30 PM EDT (00:30 GMT)
The tentative order the debates will be conducted in is as follows:

1. Chief Justice
2. Judge Advocate
3. Public Defender
4. Capitoline Province
5. Esquiline Province
6. Aventine Province
7. Quirnial Province

July 28: Alternate debates (for people who couldn't make it to the other debates) at 8:00 AM EDT (12:00 GMT)
The order will be determined on the spot.

Also, I encourage Peri to start the forum debates.

Chain of Command for the Debate Moderator (the person in charge of conducting a debate):
1. !Bootstoots
2. !CivGeneral
3. @Falcon02
4. %Peri
5. @Chieftess (if she really wants to, given that she isn't a DG member)
6. Temporary op appointed when the debate moderator has to leave and there's nobody else in the CoC to fill his/her place.

Also, the room will be moderated, and talking out of term (before the audience is allowed to ask questions) will result in a devoicing until the floor is open for the audience to ask questions.

Could you also please include nominations for our 5th provincial governor for T5 elections.

Top Bottom