The Immortal Alphabetical Game #13 - Elizabeth

stormtrooper412

Peacemongering Turtlesaur
Welcome to the IAG, this week we're having

Total RuthLIZness

starring your very own Bloodthirsty Virgin Queen

Map type and settings
Spoiler :

Continents, starting location was tweaked JUST a bit. Opponents were hand picked

Achievements
Spoiler :

A. The United Kingdom:
1 point per AI capital taken before the other continents make contact. 2 points per eliminated AI before the other continent makes contact. To make this possible, I suggest you better
Spoiler :

get an early start. You will have around
Spoiler :

150 turns

for it.

B. The Royal Flush
1 point per 2 Ships of the Line upon assaulting the other continent, rounded down. You lose one point per destroyed Ship of the Line, because those things are expensive!

C. In Her Majesty's Secret Service
1 point per rigged city state election, 2 points per coup. Multiple coups within the same city state do not count

D. The Imperial March
Finish the Domination:
1 point - before T275
2 points - before T250
4 points - before T220
7 points - before T200

Starting location
Spoiler :

Good luck!

Attachments

• IAG Liz.Civ5Save
    503.5 KB · Views: 131
  • englands.jpg
    englands.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,099
Challenge accepted.

I played 45 turns, enough to scout the starting zone.

Really fun blitz DomV game.

Spoiler :
A. The United Kingdom - 6 points
I messed up a little bit my tech choices near the begging. For some reasons, I thought my caravans wouldn't reach Madrid and I delayed Animal Husbandry which might have delayed Machinery. I also forgot to buy the GBR tiles early. I cleared two barbarians camps with workers in them and became allied with Sidon and Lhasa. Being allied with Lhasa secured me a religion. I laughed in disgust when Sidon's first unit gift was a warrior which was really obsolete by then, but after that I got two siege towers. And let me say this, I think that Siege Towers + Longbows is probably one of the most powerful combo you can get in the game. I cleared every city on my continent in one or two turns. Madrid maybe took 3 or 4 turns, because it had the Great Wall. You can get 65% damage bonus to cities with a Siege Tower and a Great General. The highest city def I met, I think, was 28CS and my LBs were constantly doing 30dmg+ to cities. I started my run with Constantinople, because I still had 2 caravans providing science with Madrid and it had the Great Wall.

T108 Machinery - 4x CB upgraded + 2 CB 1 turn in queue converted to LB
T117 Constantinople, Byzantium eliminated
T130 Istanbul
T135 Ottoman eliminated
T139 Madrid
T139 Unmet player reached Renaissance
T143 Spain eliminated
T155 met Dutch Caravel

Civ5Screen0031.jpg

B. The Royal Flush - 6 points
Built 12 SotL before declaring war on Denmark and didn't lose any.
Oxforded Navigation, then annexed Constantinople and Istanbul.
London, York, Constantinople and Istanbul all worked on SotL.
I hit a Golden Age just at the right time which was extended, because I had conquered a city with Chichen Itza.
Twelve SotL was a bit of an overkill in my game. I only met Triremes, Quinqueremes or Caravels as opposition.

Civ5Screen0003.jpg

C. In Her Majesty's Secret Service - 8 points
My two spies rigged three elections each. On my starting continent only Spain had one allied CS and the coup probability was too low for a recruit spy. Also, I wanted to keep my money to rush buy production buildings for my SotL production. On the other continent Netherlands had 3 allied CS. I dropped 1250 gold on a CS for an easy coup near the end, but I forgot that after DoW'ng, your influence drops to 0 for coups. On the last turn, I made peace with Netherlands after taking Amsterdam, dropped another 500 gold on Melbourne for an 85% coup (with only 3 IP less) which ended up being successful.

Civ5Screen0019.jpg

D. The Imperial March - 7 points
Before meeting the next continent, I received notifications about an unmet civ losing its capital, retaking it and losing it again. It turns out that Denmark almost wiped out Japan leaving it on one city. Kyoto was pop 4 when I found it for the first time. It was good luck since only 3 SotL with 2-range could fire at it per turn. It could have been a difficult city to take otherwise if it had a high defense.

T172 Copenhagen
T176 Kyoto
T185 Amsterdam & Carthage

Civ5Screen0004.jpgCiv5Screen0024.jpgCiv5Screen0025.jpg

t133
Spoiler :
I just cleared the continent - more sub-optimal play from the Derp King. I decided right away to beeline Machinery. I also decided to prioritize Shrines over Granaries and Temples over Libraries. Plus I did not build an early Monument. Because I'm an idiot. Plus I wanted to keep God of the Sea, even though York hasn't had any fishing boats out yet. Finally built my first 7-move Trireme. 3 turns to Education, NC was about t120? :lol:

I also built the GW, because I could. Theo kicked wonder butt, taking HG from me with 2 turns to go, but I got the Oracle. Also built Machu in York, I just now got a Lighthouse up there. :rolleyes: 4 city Tradition, one in Patronage, Commerce opener. Pretty good relations with the 2 close Mercs most of the game. I really suffered for gold as the AI rarely needed strategics.

Stole 4-5 Workers from Manila. Stole a Worker and Settler from Spain, 2 wars, just kept the pressure on and took Madrid t95 with CBs. Constantinople t110 with just CBs too (HG, ToA, ChItza and GRLHouse!!!). Finally got LBs and eliminated her, then Sul (Istanbul t131). So 9 of 9 points so far?
Spoiler :

st - can you clarify Achi A? I read it that you get 1 point for every cap, PLUS 2 for eliminating an AI before contact, but clearly DQ read it as either/or...

Attachments

• IAG-13_Liz_t133.jpg
    IAG-13_Liz_t133.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 840
no, it's 1 if you take the cap and 2 if you eliminate the player, because the latter implies the former

t182 DomV - 26 points
Spoiler :
Yee-haw! This game was fun and seemed really fast. Unlike DQ's game, it was Oda who abused Harald, and killed him before I met the other continent. I could have won faster, but I decided to reanimate Harald in Aarhus, and liberate Mombasa (I even waited a turn so that Oda could take it). It was all I could do to stop building wonders, even National wonders at only 6 turns each! Even so I built Zoos everywhere but London, and banks almost everywhere as well. I bought 8 Landsknechts, and only 2 had one battle each.

A. 6 pts UK: 3 civs eliminated on my continent t133, Bill-O sailed over t139.

B. 5 pts Royal Flush: Had 10 SotL when I attacked Oda, ended up with 13.

C. 8 pts James Bond: 6 rigged and 1 coup (Sofia the turn I DOW'd Dido - since it was on t0 until rigging, I missed the extra rig point, grrrr). I also left a spy in London for quite a while to keep anyone from stealing Navigation (Dido had it already), so could have had 1-2 more rigs.

D. 7 pts Imperial March: t182 DomV, almost took Carthage on t181 with Amsterdam for a two-fer.

I'm really glad I built the GW, as Bill-O was likely to get it otherwise. I lost one unit taking Amsterdam, but the GW would have chewed me up a little I'm sure.

London ended up at pop 24, York 18, Madrid 13, Constantinople 15, Istanbul 10 (puppeted), Nottingham 11, and Hastings 15. I quit growing for the most part around t150 - Constantinople could have been around 25 had I let it run loose. Ran production to London after Workshops, lots of TP everywhere. Love me Tradition Conquest Wide empires!

Really nice map and theme, st!
Spoiler :

Attachments

• IAG-13_Liz_t182.jpg
    IAG-13_Liz_t182.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 743
I'm liking it also, but don't expect to be as fast as the earlier guys here as I am just a normal Immortal player and Dom isn't really my forte.

Fun game so far and I am doing OK.

Spoiler :
I went Liberty down the left side for the settler to build York by near the two GBR tiles. For pantheon I went with one with nature rather than production from fishing boats as I felt the immediate 8 faith/T would be useful for a good religion leading to happiness buildings and gold.

I went after Spain first, Madrid had no wonders unfortunately, but Barcelona had Stonehenge so I puppetted it rather than raising it so on T73 Spain was eliminated.

Just one turn earlier a religion was founded in Barcelona and it would prove to be a more of a nuisance than I expected as influence rather quickly cost me my pantheon in York. I'd used my 300 faith GP to enhance so I had to wait for 200 more faith for a missionary. Then 200 more faith and I subjected the good citizens of Barcelona to the Inquisition.

Just made the 220 one went full suicide rush on the last capital. I had never really played England before... they feel so powerful. Longbowmen lay waste early and hold up pretty well until the 200's vs muskets and ship of the line is just rediculous.

Super fun! thanks for the map!

Killed 1 AI and took the other caps before contact - 4 points
8 ships of the line - 4 Points
Dom V before 220 - 4 points.

T120 something

Spoiler :
This is the best map I've ever seen. My usual strategy of starting war with Archers and delaying Construction, then upgrading them, this time into broken LBs, worked well and I took out the Spanish and Turks in a few turns. Theo won't take too much longer but I want her to finish building me some Medieval wonders before I wipe her out. All traces of these inferior races will be gone very soon though.

And there's a sea of Iron to spam SotL with! This could be one of the more overwhelming sweeps I've done in a while!

3 city liberty, finish initial continent on T138. AI to the N built the GW so it took longer than expected. Late NC due to many cities, since I used GE on Machu Picchu for gold. Got my 2x spies on T139, T155 Education and met other continent, Navigation on T171. Near the end, got 3rd spy due to entering Industrial era. Despite parking a spy in London and AI capital, never manage to level up any spies. Happiness had been issue due to both FP and ND built in an inland city in my final conquered AI. Exploration + GLH gave SoTL 9 movements.

Achievements:
A. The United Kingdom: 6 points, got all 3 capitals before making contact with other continent.

B. The Royal Flush: 2 points, only 4 SotL since I'm short on gold and wanted to DoW other continent with longbowmen first anyway, later ended up with 13 at the end, which was way overkill.

C. In Her Majesty's Secret Service: 6 points, 4 rigs + 1 coup

D. The Imperial March: 7 points - before T200

Total 21 points

Spoiler :

Top Bottom