The Khural Term 3

dutchfire

Deity
Retired Moderator
This is the place for all governors to meet and discuss things concerning all of them. Citizens and other officials are welcome to join too.

We should first decide how to divide the workers we have.
We should also think about which city will get any new conquered/founded cities.

For the issue of division of workers, Riversight will put in a request that two workers be allocated for our development. Our citizens are working many unimproved tiles and it would be very beneficial to us to mine the hills surrounding the city. Not having the save in front of me right now, I believe that other cities are working nowhere near as many unimproved tiles as Riversight, some cities even have extra improved tiles, if memory serves.

On the issue of dividing conquered or newly founded cities, I would propose that France should be divided between Coppertown and NoneOfTheAbove, with NoneOfTheAbove recieving the vast majority. This will maintain territorial coherence, and, in the future, as cities are founded to the north of our current borders Riversight, Equus Aurum and Coppertown will be able to claim them without greatly exceeding the size of NoneOfTheAbove.

I would like to see a map of how we plan on dividing this including the future plans for expansion.

As far as workers...we need roads to use for War. We need a roading project to connect every city by the most direct route possible.

Fellow Elders/Governors,
Our civilization has gloriously acquired new territory. According to the laws of our country, we should decide who of us will govern these cities. I have for you the following proposal:

Lyons (soon to be captured) -> NoneOfTheAbove
Rheims -> Coppertown
Banana City (name to be determined) -> Riversight
Barbarian City near Indecisive Lake (if captured) -> Equus Aurum
Orleans (if captured) -> NoneOfTheAbove

Basically NoneOfTheAbove takes the south, Equus Aurum takes the east coast, Coppertown takes the west coast and Riversight takes the center.

Dutchfire
Elder of NoneOfTheAbove
Soon to be Governor of Lyons?

Agreed, that distribution sounds good to me. it seems that the Barbarian city may eventually shift into the controll of Riversight because it's a bit more of a center city than an eastern city, however that distribution is fair now and can be changed latter should our settlement pan out the way it looks to be going.

We will need some missionaries for our new cities, priority being the cities in the north. Can Equus Aurum provide them when it's getting peaceful (when the threat of the French galleys is over)?

Workers
At the moment we have 4 workers (appropiately named worker #1/#4).
Worker #2 is now near Coppertown/Rheims and I think it should stay there. It should make a road where it's standing first to hook up Rheims. Then it should improve the surroundings of Rheims.
Worker #1 and #3 are currently mining the silver hill again. I think they should move to the wheat next, and hook that up, then they should hook up the cows and stone near NotA (making sure they don't get attacked) and restore pillaged improvements. It might be a good idea to send one of them north to improve banana city though.
Worker #4 is currently irrigating near NoneOfTheAbove. I think it should make a road from Riversight towards Lyons next, and then improve that city (providing we capture it).

We might want to build another worker soon.

A few things for the Governors...

Last session Riversight did produce a Worker which will help with improvements (probobly worker #4 in dutchfire's list)

I feel military production can now safely be scaled back, we have a large lead on the power graph, and a sizable army now. However, we still could use more Catapults, and of course Axemen and Keshiks when able.

A few things for the Governors...

Last session Riversight did produce a Worker which will help with improvements (probobly worker #4 in dutchfire's list)

I feel military production can now safely be scaled back, we have a large lead on the power graph, and a sizable army now. However, we still could use more Catapults, and of course Axemen and Keshiks when able.

We should watch out for paying too much unit upkeep too.

We should watch out for paying too much unit upkeep too.

Agreed, had that on my mind, but I wanted to wait to check the save to see how we're currently doing on unit upkeep.

If someone else could investigate it though... :please:

If not... I should be able to look at it and post something about it tomorrow.

I think the worker produced last turn chat is actually unnamed and is our 5th worker. I'm still hoping that improvements can be made around Riversight in the next turnchat, I've still got a few laborers working tiles which could really use mines, and that will become more of a problem as the city grows. I think one worker should be sufficient for the next session.

What if we distribute the workers among the Aimags?

#4 NoneOfTheAbove Aimag
#2 Coppertown Aimag
#1 Finish the silver mine, then Riversight Aimag
#3 Finish the silver mine, then NotA city hooking up resources/Equus Aurum Aimag

Also, another request as DP...

Please make sure should worker assignments be left up in part to the DP, that you have specific orders... Also to try to be specific with tiles to be worked.

Specifically for NotA directions were to "optimize production and food" for both tiles worked and worker improvements. I had a hard time deciding what would be concidered "optimum" improvements for each tile and priority for NotA. As for tiles worked had to figure out what balance of production and food best covered the intent of the instructions.

I'd agree with that worker distribution, however there is a 5th worker currently hidden in Coppertown, either he should join #2 and improve the area around Coppertown, or head over to the banana city site to start improving it.

Improve Coppertown would be my best bet. We can turn Coppertown into a powerhouse equal to Equus Aurum but closer to the war front. That would shorten "supply lines" and allow Equus Aurum to focus on a Wonder of the World perhaps.

Top Bottom