The Mongols are giving away techs 1878

Kev

Hired Goon
As I'm sure you've read, the Mongols seem to be able to give techs away to the English and the Zulus. I see no contact in the UN information, but I guess I should have remembered if they had contact at some point in the game.

Anyway, we have to decide how to handle this.

1. We could destroy Naples and the Mongols with them. No more techs to be given away.

2. We could just let it happen - the English will be toast in about 8-10 turns once our military gets to the main English Isle.

Personally, while I'd hate to do it, I'm thinking we may have to do away with Naples. I'd hate to see rocketry traded and see our ships sunk with those cruise missles that the AI loves to make. Or a quick Fission, Manhattan deal combined with rocketry - we all know what that leads to. It will mean slightly slower tech, but we've got plastics and really only need superconductor and Fusion to be able to finish the SS. That will take only about 6-8 turns anyway.

Please, everyone chime in on this important issue.

I understand that when we share techs with them the research for us goes faster but with only a few techs to go until we'll be able to build SS parts we shouldn't do it anymore. Researching all required techs will not take so much time so this tech sharing is unnecessary IMHO.
To deal with eventual threats from the English we should get those howies to them ASAP because when we are on their continent taking their cities their research will slow down and they won't be able to research rocketry let alone build them before they are history....

Well......
Normally I'd be tempted to just go in and wipe out the Mongols but I recognise the need for restraint occasionally ;) and will go with whatever is suggested. We could just stop giving them all our techs for the time being but if they've already got rocketry then things could get a little bit interesting out on the seas. What about some AEGIS cruisers? Are the Mongols giving techs directly to the Zulus, or are the English passing them on for them? Another suggestion: What are the chances of getting the Mongols to declare war on the English? Obviously they wouldn't be capable of doing anything, but they would stop giving out techs to them.

Then don't gift Rocketry, Nuclear Fission, or The Laser yet. It will all be a moot point soon. Don't kill the Mongols! :)

I do see the Mongols have entered Fundy. Ugh... but no worries.

Zulus=64 Techs. (Espionage)
English=66 Techs. (Mob War)
Mongols=81 Techs (Combined Arms)

Nothing to worry about. Key Techs of Nulcear Fission & Rocketry (& to a lesser annoying extent, Advanced Flight) are not in their hands.

The more they all get, the slower thier own research will be. If they (Zulus or English) start researching a key tech, mark them for death and if necesary shovel them 10 or 15 junk techs to slow their own research. You might get blocked at some point of gifting, due to only 2 choice option, but if so, just stop.

The English are soon doomed, and the Zulus seem to be even weaker than the English.

If anyone starts teh Manhattan Project, stop and check back, and ....

Veee haaaf vaays of deeeling vit dat!

We can sabotage their Manhattan projects, or just get laser and build nuke traps and let them waste nukes as we laugh in their general direction!!

No worries...

:)

Actually, they should have ALL of those key techs of Rocketry, Fission, Robotics, etc. I think I pretty much gave away the store.

And they are giving DIRECTLY to BOTH the Zulus and the English.

The military is ready to leave this very turn. Figure it's about 4 or so turns before they get to the English mainland. If we keep the Mongols around, I'd suggest then going for the major cities first to hit their high production cities - then go for cities on islands like Brimingham and the like.

I'd also suggest sending a battleship or two toward Zululand for some general harassment.

Giving our techs got the Mongols to cordial, but they did a sneak attack the very next turn. I'd think it may be difficult to get them happy enough again to try to get them to declare war on one or both of the other civs, but I could always try.

OK, so we'll try to keep the Mongols about and just keep an eye on the English while we approach them with our machines of death.

Giving our techs got the Mongols to cordial, but they did a sneak attack the very next turn. I'd think it may be difficult to get them happy enough again to try to get them to declare war on one or both of the other civs, but I could always try.
Don't bother with diplomacy with anyone. Our reputation is horrible, and nothing will hold. No one will trust us, even with the UN, so save your time ;).

they are giving DIRECTLY to BOTH the Zulus and the English.

I'm not real clear on what's what, but if you see anyone start the Manhattan Project, then let's nail those cities right away. We really don't want to divert all teh gold to Nuke traps and SDIs, but if we must, no worries... we'll just drop what we're doing to set up protection of everyhing within 16 tiles (18 to be safe, for a cusion) of any AI city.

The BBs will get pummeled by CMs, but that's OK... probably not enough time to field an AEGIS fleet if our invasion is on the way.

RB Airports on the same turn (fro scratch, via Barracks/switch) as capture, if we don't take the English on one turn, and we can airlift reinforcements :).

Veee haaf dem juuust vere veee vant dem!

Top Bottom