The new siege UU should belong to Assyria (with evidence)

Yep, the image definitely matches.

So that is Assyria and Poland. I think we can safely assume one African civ due to the scenario. Zulu probably.

Assyria is doing pretty badly if it is facing off against Renaissance-era Winged Hussars with an Ancient-era Siege Engine.

Am I the only one around here that kind of disliked the scheme colors? I mean, polish one is actually nice, but I disliked the yellow one a lot. Hope I'll get used to it. Any bets that Portugal's will be the opposite of Ethiopia's? :)

I thought originally that the siege tower was a general unit, but seeing the image blown up, I can see the huge pole sticking out of it, which isn't in your average siege towers. I also notice the guy in the back of the siege tower's beard that makes him look Assyrian. On an unrelated note, is that the Parthenon in Warsaw, or another Classical Wonder?

For some reason I think they should switch around Poland's and Austria's colours.
If Poland has an eagle as their symbol it'll be better for them to have it in white, like in real life, and Austria will actually get it's black eagle on red symbol.
Portugal could have a reverse Greece if this isn't taken yet, mostly because their flag during the empire period has blue&white.

The wonder in Warsaw is the Statue of Zeus if I'm not mistaken.

Assyria is doing pretty badly if it is facing off against Renaissance-era Winged Hussars with an Ancient-era Siege Engine.
We'll have to see about the stats, but of course ancient era is not comparable with something more modern.
To be more precise, it's an Assyrian Battering ram. You can see the head with horns at the tip what would otherwise seem like a very ancient cannon barrel. At the top traditionally there was a turret for archers.

Yeah, it definitely appears to be Assyria. I'm glad to hear it - they are well past due. I feel like I could make so many suggestions, but I'll resist. If I had to guess, it would be Ashurbanipal II as the leader, but Tiglath Pilesser would be a good choice as well.

I think my biggest concern is that the Huns really took everything that would have been ideal for Assyria. But I'm sure they'll figure something out.

Well, it's staged :p

For some reason I think they should switch around Poland's and Austria's colours.
If Poland has an eagle as their symbol it'll be better for them to have it in white, like in real life, and Austria will actually get it's black eagle on red symbol.

I agree that Poland and Austria should flip colors. That being said, it doesn't appear they will, so I doubt Poland will have an Eagle (it would just be confusing).

I just thought of a possibility to resolve the conflict with the Huns: make the Battering Ram an extremely bad-ass replacement for the Catapult. It would make the Huns more era-appropriate (they're known primarily to the west anyway for their interactions with Rome) and give Assyria the ancient-era siege advantage.

If I had to guess, it would be Ashurbanipal II as the leader, but Tiglath Pilesser would be a good choice as well.

I think my biggest concern is that the Huns really took everything that would have been ideal for Assyria. But I'm sure they'll figure something out.

Assyria was a highly cultured civ, whats very different from huns
so they could give it a library UB or something like that

Assyria was a highly cultured civ, whats very different from huns
so they could give it a library UB or something like that

Well, it's hard to say. They accumulated culture, but they never really celebrated culture. Even the Great Library of Nineveh collected literary works because Ashurbanipal was superstitious and thought the words in them carried magic powers. The problem is their cultural influence always paled compared to the Babylonians (even when they conquered Babylon, it was Babylonian culture that was always a rallying point against them).

That being said. Compared to the Huns, they were certainly cultural. Some kind of Ashurbanipal's Library would make quite a bit of sense.

Hopefully the Akkadian speaker they find this time is a man of more words than Nebuchadnezzar.

The Assyrians were the quinitessential culture of war. They and Babylon get compared in a manner somewhat similar to Sparta and Athens.

Not crazy about something as generic as a siege tower being assigned as a UU...but what can you do? The Assyrians defined ancient-era combat. It's hard to have "uniques" when you're the one setting the tone for everyone else.

Wonder if the fourth great power of that era, the Hittites, will make an appearance?

Assyrians could get a science boost from capturing cities, they were pretty famous for dispersing the best people from the conquered civilizations and using them for their own advancements.

...Hell what if they got a free great person from capturing capitals? That might be a bit too ridiculous, just throwing out ideas here.

Top Bottom