The Roman Empire: The Rise, the Golden Ages, and Today

jsweeney

American
The Roman Empire: The Rise, the Golden Ages, and Today
By J. Sweeney
12/16/08​
The Begining​
Nearly 6000 years ago, a great race of people descended upon the Earth, The Romans. The Romans settled along the Tiber River, and named their settlement Rome. They did have some citizens who wished to explore the world, and they sent them off to discover new civilizations. They first met the French, a people which the Romans did not like. They then met the Spanish, German, English, Greeks, Arabians, and Egyptians. They believed that those nations were the only in the world, so they called back their exploring peoples to help defend Rome.

More Later

The Growth of the City
The Romans, with their city of Rome, began to develop Rome to become a grand capital of a grand empire. The Romans intiated several building plans, first to train some guards, then to build some fishing boats to fish the waters of the sea they called,"Mediterranean". Then, French borders began to expand, as did the Spanish, who had recently founded and converted to Buddhism. French borders soon engulfed a local stone resource which the Romans desperatly wanted. The leading Roman General had this to say:

I was shocked when I heard
the news. We had barely enough troops
to defend Rome, but now a foreign power
has engulfed itself into territory rightfully
belonging to the Romans. I saw doubt on
Caeser's face for the first(and only) time
ever. I almost saw Caeser cry before me.
He knew the eventuality of the situation.
He decided to command Roman scientist
to research copper, then to research
another substance similar to copper,
dubbed Iron. He then advised our military
trainers to develop a new system of
fighting, a more effective system that the
French- I mean our rivals, will not be able
to fight against. They will be trained to
Pray upon its enemies, so we shall call them....
Praetorians.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Civ4ScreenShot0046.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0046.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 108
Growth, Expansion, and The Grand Grudge​
No where in Rome was there a happy face. The French had stolen stone from them, and they all were depressed that war was soon on it's way. But, with the research of Copper and Iron completed, they could start training Praetorians, which were to be feared throughtout the world. With this sense of security, Roman settlers set out to build a new city, Antium, Northeast of Rome. The Romans dubbed it the "City of Hope", for all the Romans knew before Antium was unhappy, then, for a long time afterward, the Romans knew only of happiness. The first happiness was in Rome, where Buddhism had spread. Buddhism then became reasonable to Caeser, who adopted it as the state religion. Then, Roman leaders became aware of one thing, that France had not manafactured it's source of Iron, so with two legions in Rome waiting for their orders, Caeser commanded them to occupy the land with the stone. War was imminent.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0048.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0048.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Civ4ScreenShot0049.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0049.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Civ4ScreenShot0050.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0050.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 113
Good story telling, but it might be a good idea to chop out a few Praetorians and war away. Maybe take out Izzy and Fred. Then go after Louis, Lizzy, then Egypt.

Top Bottom