The RoundTable!

I saw the sauces, but I guess I did not get the joke :/

We're going to build MoM which will deserve a new edition of The RoundTable. What about including a screenie of our cities on SCI in the edition to show BCLG that it was ours at one time?

A little reminder that we need to prepare another edition of our well-known gazette.

Topics:
We'll finish MoM next turn.
We show a history of SCI lesson - against the oblivion.

ok! Ok! I'm working on it! :lol:

Sorry - been a really hectic week at work... I'll try to crash out a draft here in the next few hours...

Whew! Well, it was a rushed effort... but I hope you all like it! :)

I'll leave it here for a few hours in case anyone wants to yell stop... but if not, I'll post it in about 5 hours, say?

enjoy! :thumbsup:

Not bad at all for a rushed effort. :goodjob: Love the MoM headline and article. There's something satisfying about seeing your name in the newspaper. Can I get a couple extra copies? :lol:

:D Glad you liked it Donsig!

And sure... for a modest fee, I'll be happy to send you a framed copy to display in your office :mischief:

No further comments here, and the save is moving on.. so I'm posting this in the UN now.
:salute:

wow... no comments here or in the UN...

So either
  • A) Too many inside-jokes made this edition only funny to me and Donsig
  • B) Our completion of the Mausoleum has totally demoralized our opponents and they are considering surrendering
  • C) The European Football Championship has totally absorbed everyone and no one is paying attention to this slow moving game anymore :lol:

:hmm:

It's really sad when you can't even get a laugh out of anyone in this game any more. Well, you're still cracking me up General. :salute:

Heh, I was sure I commented on it - sure did like it, and like donsig I agree it's satisfying to see your name in the paper. :D

The lack of comments in the UN is rather weird though, and sad.

My theory is that people un-learn to read and get used to get entertained by less challenging media... :rolleyes:
Although your pics were as good as usual. :goodjob:

I for myself did not grant me the time to read it thoroughly yet :blush:
Now I did - and I enjoyed the Indiana Jniklas story. I would have found it immoderately exaggerated - if I had not seen the movie recently. While the movie was extremely disappointing to the long-time Indy-fan me, your story made my day :D.

We need announcements - counterstrike, peace with babe, magellans...

can we rename it chamsuri's voyage?

I'll take a first shot at creativeness....

"Operation Counterstrike"

Dateline: Subcommitte Island, under occupation by the BABE's for 1000 years. The inhabitants of Subcommittee Island, the large island north of the great land of the Council, welcome their liberators with open arms as operation counterstrike took place with clockwork precision. The operation, designed to break the BABE shore blockers and land an overwhelming force, worked exactly as planned - years of shore bombardment by frigates kept the BABE forces up late and vulnerable to the new super weapon developed by Council scientists - a metal bird larger than anything the world has seen since the days of the dinosaurs. Called a bomber, it holds shells like those of artillery, but more lethal. After landing, BABE quickly relinqueshed control of the island and peace has once again come to the land of the Council.

Rumors that the inhabitants of SCI were secretly unhappy to no longer be under the control of the well-coiffed ones have been squashed - the farmers of SCI are all happy with their pinup calendars with the "first chairman of the month" donsig, AutomatedTeller, Paul #42, and other Council luminaries. Said this farmer "yes, pictures of 45 year old out of shape dudes are much, much better than the BABES. We love our new leaders and..." He couldn't finish, he was so worked up with emotion.

That's pretty funny. We could do something combining Magellan's and the shape of our world. Just exactly how does one sail around a torus shaped world?

Hmm... maybe we could use some picture of our world and add some discovery routes?

also with a good story:
world as a donut

:lol: Wow - there's some great stuff here! Thanks fellow concilors! :hatsoff:

I've been so slammed at work here - All of a sudden, everyone needed everything done yesterday :gripe:

Anyway - I hope to get some time this afternoon (PST) to work on a new edition of the Roundtable (and other items I've been neglecting around here)... just wanted to post to let you know I haven't forgotten my beloved team! :love:

Top Bottom