The Sword of Islam 1.0 Discussion

Correct, all Hindu civs can since version 0.5.0.

No. There's a general rule that far away civs won't vassalize. This only takes starting location into consideration, so may look awkward in Domination games. I can change that in the future patch, so that sharing borders overrides this. Currently the only workaround is capitulation, which ignores distance.

I don't think that Mughals can though.

Good to know. Similarly to DoC, a tech like Compass, that allows ocean trading, could also remove the vassalisation limit, but sharing borders sounds even better.

Btw, the domination victories for Hindu civs are really annoying, because you have to work really hard for not to accindently win the URV, which is ridiciously easy. I usually go around it by spreading other religions for piety loss.

after restarting the game, the city of Mosul and Merdin did not join Zengids :p
Spoiler :

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1127.CivBeyondSwordSave
    572.9 KB · Views: 181
I don't think that Mughals can though.

Yeah, they don't use Hindu unit lines, they use Horse Archers like all Turko-Mongol civs.

I got this during my Abbasid game:

Thanks. It's a harmless error, but it's fixed on SVN now.

after restarting the game, the city of Mosul and Merdin did not join Zengids :p

I'm not sure if I understand you, but I think you're referring to the bug/exploit that exists in all RFC mods and couldn't be fixed so far. If you reload game during civ spawn, cities don't flip.

Great mod, have enjoyed it for a couple of years already.

Just downloaded the newest version and it seems that it is now almost impossible to win with the Ak Koyunlu before the Safavids spawn, as the Mongols don't do nearly enough damage to Iraq & Iran as in the past versions. In the past, it was rare to see anyone survive the hordes of the Great Khan, but now it seems that the Abbasids are able to survive until 1400 or the Georgians, I've once even now started a game with the Buyids still alive in 1400. Or if there are now major civs left, then Mesopotamia is filled with highly promoted rebels, making even the second UHV conditing pretty difficult.

Also, have been meaning to ask this for a while, but why are the Ak Koyunlu Shi'ite? Weren't they Sunni, and the Kara Koyunlu Shi'ite?

Happy new year everyone, especially edead!

I got back to this beauty for a casual Ottoman game and found the following things:
  • I built Brusa 1N and it did not get a lighthouse and I could not build a harbor, either. Apparently, the Sea of Marmara is a lake. Is that because I razed Gallipoli?
  • I found a wrong spy/assassin promotion sequence: Improviser I - II - V (should be III)
  • Has noone ever felt the late game drags out? I got the required UHV territories in 1580. There's nobody left to challenge that, so why not make it a "by"-goal?

the Sea of Marmara is coast but it is also only 8 tiles and the Harbor and Lighthouse require 10 tiles of water. this number is set by the <MinAreaSize> tag in CIV4BuildingInfos.xml. I checked the map and I think the only other body of water that would allow those buildings that currently doesn't is the Aral Sea.

my solution would be to change the <MinAreaSize> tag to 8 and make the Aral Sea 1 tile smaller.

edit: actually I mis-counted the Aral Sea its only 7 tiles so you just have to change the tag from 10 to 8. I guess you would want to do that for the Italian trade company buildings as well as the harbor and lighthouse.

This still happens occasionally:

Spoiler :

I don't think that the Mamluk UP promotion works:

Spoiler :

The city rebellion times should be decreased, like in DoC, to max of three turns. Even that 4-5 years is a really long time, but nowadays you can get 10 turns of rebellion, which means 15 years, which is simply insanely long.

Also does the CotF Jihad declaration work? Sometimes it seems that there is now effect at all, at least the participations could be somehow shown to the player.

A really great mod; I learnt so much in hardly a couple of weeks :D
Is this still in development in SVN? It doesn't seem like the 'no religious riots during religious freedom' is there in the stable version.
If it is, how about adding a separate minor Mongol civ, to differentiate them from the normal barbs?

The city rebellion times should be decreased, like in DoC, to max of three turns. Even that 4-5 years is a really long time, but nowadays you can get 10 turns of rebellion, which means 15 years, which is simply insanely long.
Oh, that would really be nice and help with those annoying last-minute conquests of Yemen when playing the KoJ.

Well Embryodead hasn't been active in a while and he has had some real world issues, so there is really no way of knowing whether he will come back or not.

Top Bottom