The West Tower

Strike is looking to be inevitable. We're going to try to minimize it's effect by maximizing anarchy and trying to reach a suitable pop can work the tiles to cover costs. We could avoid stike by deleting 15-25 units now, or just let it take one unit per turn while were under it; I'll choose the latter. But even then, we could still probably run wealth when our treasury is finally out to cover costs.

Whipping, in that case - a city unable to work any tiles due to the spy unhappiness mission - actually gets us happier quicker (at the cost of one less pop to work a commerce tile later on) and that lets us not use up all food storage (while all citizens are unhappy) letting us grow a pop quicker when we're happy enough to work tiles again.

So strike or not, the aim is to field as large an army as we can. The worst we've been spied down had our economy at like -50 gold a turn. I think it makes more sense just to keep building units and take the strike penalty rather than trying to fix that situation.

As side note, we finally have spies in all cities, hopefully we won't get that bad again.

Take this with a grain of salt, since I still have little experience with multiplayer.
If this was just Amazon I'd feel the want to really land at the wine, but have a few galleons with small detachments waiting in the mist. No idea what to think about it with CDZ also in the picture, though.
A lot of this might depend on the agreements about post-war that we don't know
about. CDZ and Amazon have probably already divided our land, otherwise they would be hesitant to attack. Maybe we could straight up ask CDZ about it? ;)

And btw, two questions:
1. If we get great generals, which units should I attach the to? Musketmen?
2. Who got the circumnavigation bonus?

1, that'll be your discretion. I would recommend to try and use them as I did with mav, more so for the sake of trying to get as many units to the next promotion (like attaching it to 4 units with 5xp or 10 units that are 2xp away - many units are at 3/5 with experience due to us not having a religion so I'd look to try and get 10 3/5 units to 5/5 probably. But as I said, things will likely be a hectic mess by then so just follow your instinct.

Another piece of adivce here: you may want to promote up the combat path. likely you'll see a mix of cav/rifle/cannon, and if you bust them up with cats and they go down to something like 9-11 strength, choosing say the pinch promotion will cause you to face a non-gunpowder units, in essence wasting a promotion. so long as you lean on combat promotions you'll face the units shown defending while our units is yet to be promoted every time (exception when choosing city raider promotions & attacking a city but not the case here)

2, You know, I forgot. I know it's not amazon. but as i said, there's an abundance of tiles hidden 4 moves away so suprises can happen with or without.

And I'm gonna leave our units as is. If they land 60, so be it. In that case I think it best (and everything depends on what actually happens so you'll have to act on the fly) to abandon our capital, and try to look for one chance to mass everything together and go for one final blow. On the other hand, if they land a lower number and we can manage to get slaughtered but still hold the city and pounce on them the turn after, then that might be a good thing to do. like i said, always best to just act of the fly.

As a side note, the Vikings adopted OrgRel with no state religion, so they probably have some missionary rampage going on. Curious.

Could also be that they are planning on converting next turn. Then it really does not matter in which order you do the revolutions.

They did it more than one turn ago, but I forgot to write about it in that post.

Don't worry about it. Yeah, most of our cash is gone but I'll make due. We still got a little wiggle room and I'll be wiggling

Cav scout accepts peace!!!

I ask for everything (OB, his map, 6 techs and resources) but don't leave much note. William the Conqueror died in combat in the event log.

But it seems Q is hip that their fate now looks much like ours so I expect them to be helpful. Amazon, who knows, i suspect they like their arrangement w/ sirius but have little to lose for at least going along w/ us if we propose something.

CDZ missed their turn last turn (but made the last 15) with mostly one player.

Here's hoping there might actually be a game of Civilization. This year-long version of The Weakest Link's voting round was getting rather tedious.

This is Amazon's chance to win the game by an alliance with us and Cav Scout, neither of us could really challenge Amazon and Our 3vs2 alliance could win. We need to emphasize this point with Amazon.

Kudos again for excellent delay tactics for our sovereigns. It seems that the war against us was progressing too slowly.

Let's hope this does not come too late for us. If I'm not reading the game horribly wrong, I'd say that the best bet for Amazons would be to jump the band wagon and move against Sirious quite soon. If we are beaten, Amazon's would have nowhere left to expand. Let's see how we can capitalize on this.

Can I recommend telling cav_scout that Amazon appear to be attempting to invade us now (include the last turn screenshot showing them taking down the defences and fomenting unrest). The point being that unless they donate some tech, we're not going to be much of a bump in the road before the invading armies have taken us out and can focus single-mindedly on attacking them.

A second suggestion would be to offer Amazon a cease-fire, including gift of resources. If they reject it (very likely), no harm done. But there's a small chance that they decide it's not actually worthwhile invading us -- committing a significant number of troops onto an island while there is another front going on the mainland, only to gain unhappy undeveloped cities, increased maintenance, and a colony penalty. "Here's the resources, now take your troops and focus on the people who are a real threat to you" mightn't look so unattractive. Especially as all the time they spend just beating us up but not invading (and it's been a while) is time that they don't have the resources.

Sir whb is right. Now is time for some fast diplomacy. Things are moving now increasingly fast pace. I think that every player has to agree that at this point only reason to attack us anymore is to get our land. Due to the colony costs, it's barely worth it. Plus it still isn't just a walk in a park to get us, those resources would be better spent agains some real enemy.

Of course since we are dealing with humans, Amazons might still go for it and eradicate us just for spite or just sheer stubborness. Worth of try to do what whb suggested, though.

Due to the colony costs, it's barely worth it.

This is far from true. They can easily keep our first two cities and raze the last two resettling on the wine ~5 tiles north of gardens. 3 cities give negligible colonial costs, 4 not much more. throw in the gems and it's a huge economic profit to gain our land.

And I'd say amazon's pretty well invested in taking it at this point

Let me die already.

Why haven't we offered cav_scout Open Borders (not at the exhorbitant trade we made before, just a straight "Open Borders" swap). Just the bump in trade should stave off strike a bit -- they have astro and visibility of our cities.

I asked (about 1 minute ago) cav scout for banking, maps and ob.

Actually, we won't get trade income without knowing astro ourselves so those extra coins will only go in one direction if he agrees. But banking should let us get one more turn anarchy

Top Bottom