"This game has gone out of sync"

So, noone with a FINAL solution to the OOS?

Unfortunatly my wife doesn't allow me to debug and spend time chasing bugs..
but I do love to play(hidden secret from my wife) the game MP with a friend of mine,
and this OOS is really annoying.. So some modder, please debug the game and fix it..

The group I game with has been having the OOS problem a lot lately. Usually starts around 1300-1500AD. Using Direct IP connect. Using 3.19 BTS patch. The first time we had the problem, 3 PCs, 2 running Vista and 1 running Windows 7, all were on a local LAN. Next time we had the OOS problem, 3 Vista and 1 XP systems, all on local LAN. 3rd time 2 Vista, 1 WIn7 and 1 XP operating systems. Restarted and cleared Caches and problem continued every 5-10 turns. The middle game, everyone restarted, cleared cache and the game finally didn't crash (this is after about 3-4 OOS issues). 2 of the games were the WIN7 machines going OOS, the other was an XP machine. We haven't turned Random events off, but we like to use them. Also we had 1 other game without any problems.

just an attempt to solve our issue:

we switched host/slave et voila, no OOS anymore..
this worked for our game which went OOS every 2-5turns, after the OOS was gone, we played another 400-500 turns(marathon all weekend)

granted this is not a solution, but helped us to continue playing without the game going OOS every now and then..

hope others might be as lucky as we are by switching the host of the game to be able to continue playing..

I figured the hidden files out.

Both players have deleted the cache but still sync errors occur after 5-10 turns.

Same here. Never had this problem before (well, an out of sync once in a while, but nothing much). I stopped playing for a few months, and I started again 2 days ago. Now I get oos at almost every event and U.N. resolutions. If someone find a solution...

(I'm playing with Windows 7, you should check if you have other people using W7 in your oos games, since the problem started mid-2009).

Same here. Never had this problem before (well, an out of sync once in a while, but nothing much). I stopped playing for a few months, and I started again 2 days ago. Now I get oos at almost every event and U.N. resolutions. If someone find a solution...

(I'm playing with Windows 7, you should check if you have other people using W7 in your oos games, since the problem started mid-2009).

I'm afraid our old enemy OOs follows from Os to OS. I had OOS in XP, Vista, and yes in Win 7. It is related to the Events, but turning it off kind of defeats the purpose! Many many hours of searching, and still no REAL solution. *sigh*

We finally found a sollution to this annoying OoS problem. I play MP game with a friend and we often start to get to these OoS problems every few turns in mid to late game. One system was running XP and the other one was 64bit Win7.

Switching to XP compatibility mode on a Win7 system (by right clicking the shortcut and selecting compatibility tab) has solved the problem completely and allowed us to enjoy the game again.

I hope it works for you!

We finally found a sollution to this annoying OoS problem. I play MP game with a friend and we often start to get to these OoS problems every few turns in mid to late game. One system was running XP and the other one was 64bit Win7.

Switching to XP compatibility mode on a Win7 system ... solved the problem completely

Do you mean only the Win7 machines ought to switch to XP SP2 mode or that everyone should? We have a mix of Vista and Win7, some outside NAT and some inside. Everyone tried switching to compatibility mode - to no avail. Pitboss is on a Win 7.

Has anyone mailed Firaxis about this? It seems a lot of people are suffering from this bug.

Persistent OOS problem here as well. Game patched to 3.19 BTS. Host running vista 64 bit, direct IP connection through linksys router, other players usually running vista 32 bit. Game works fine until OOS error, usually starts around turn 200 if not earlier. Usually running huge worlds with 11-12 civs mostly AI with 2-3 human players, happens with large size as well (have not tried smaller yet).Worst case is that when running a mod, after oos forces a restart, other players cannot rejoin so game is ruined (they keep being asked to reload the mod, puts them in endless loop requesting reload of mod). OOS issue happens without mods as well, but then they can at least reload into it.

Have tried deleted cache, disabling random events, no success whatsoever. Any insights into ways to address or avoid the problem are welcome, though maybe we will just have to give up and play other games online, pretty frustrating at this point :confused:

**edited to add also tried setting compatibility mode to XP, no success with that either**

documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\beyond the sword

Is the path above (in pre-Win7 systems) the same as the following path in Windows 7?

C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\My Games\beyond the sword

And if so, I JUST delete the CACHE folder, not my profiles folder, correct?

And the order in which to try the steps are:
-holding shift to clear the cache during start-up
-then delete this folder
-then try setting the game to run in XP-SP2 compatability mode for my Windows 7-64bit system
-failing all that, turn off the random events (which I agree are not a feature I normally want off)

Can someone confirm the above for me, item by item so I don't fuggitallup please?

Got my new PC and started getting OoS issues in MP.

Used to play with one Vista 64 stationary, and one Vista 34 laptop with no issues. Maybe one OoS problem every two games or so.

After getting a new rig with Win7 64 and playing the Vista 64 stationary, we get OoS every time there is an event, and sometimes just for fun.

We have tried clearing the Cache, both by holding shift and deleting by hand. Will try the compatibility trick when I get home.

So, any known fixes? Have tried almost everything proposed in this thread, but still getting the out of sync error.

Have Win 7 64-bit.

Same here. 1 Win7 & 1 Vista. Goes OOS every turn or two with cleared cache and both running xp compatability (does same with just w7 running compatability). Will have one more futile crack at it tonight switching the host around then I guess it will be the fix they want you to take:

wait for civ5

seem to have got it working. we did the following things:

fresh install on win7.
vista computer host.
both hold shift to clear cache at start.
both run game as admin.
turn map size down to standard.
turn off anything to do with anything random (events/personalities etc)
huts were left on - seem ok

one of us was running a steam version and one a retail, it is probably worth verifying your game files in steam also.

seem to have got it working. we did the following things:

turn off anything to do with anything random (events/personalities etc)
huts were left on - seem ok

Uhh, yeah, no mystery there, Horace.

It's been stated repeatedly through this thread that "turning off random events is a last-ditch way to fix it, but [person posting] would like very much to get it working without disabling events as they enjoy them greatly".

well i think youll find lots of people have trouble with random events disabled too (me included).

i posted so if ppl have the same problems maybe it will help.

constructive of you tho.. ta.

When I switched to win 7, events (later in the game) would cause OOS problems. Later golden ages seemed to be an issue also.
By changing the game to run in XP compatible mode resolved 99% of those problems. SO now it's just a minor annoyance.

The one thing that generates a OOS almost every time is when you do a global upgrade on a unit. If you do just a group in a city there's no problem. Since our normal group is aware of it, we just don't do it anymore. A small inconvenience to avoid most of the OOS issues.

Top Bottom