Time Victory and New Mechanics

Hambil

Emperor
I've had to turn it off. I know people will learn/are learning to win by turn 4 or something, but I've found for me, in general, 2050 is too soon with all the new mechanics in the game to play with. And since we all know score is meaningless, a timed victory seems pretty meaningless anyway. Especially if it's out of sync with the content and mechanics of the game.

I've had to turn it off. I know people will learn/are learning to win by turn 4 or something, but I've found for me, in general, 2050 is too soon with all the new mechanics in the game to play with. And since we all know score is meaningless, a timed victory seems pretty meaningless anyway. Especially if it's out of sync with the content and mechanics of the game.

I never got a time victory in my games. Even on Warlord AIs can win before 2050. Time victory is meaningless, as well as useless because somebody already won.

I've also disabled it. My games last longer now, but only one has gone past 2050. And once I got there I checked to see who would have won the Time Victory. (It was me.) But a TV is the least interesting and arbitrary in general so I don't mind disabling it.

Actually since BNW I've found myself getting close to 2050 for the first time ever. My last game I eventually won diplomatically in 2034!

In vanilla and G&K you'd never get anywhere near that - usually finished 1800-1940 period. Science it seems is going much much slower for everyone and there isn't a runaway in every single game anymore like there used to be.

I have Time Victory disabled on my games but I might as well not bother. I can normally wrap up a science or diplomatic victory by year 1930 or so. If I'm going for it heavily, I can get a cultural victory earlier. My last victory was a Korean Space Victory in the year 1876 (turn 207 on Quick) and I could have easily shaved off about 10 turns if I did it over again.

I got a Time Victory on accident once back when I was playing on Prince/Quick. I believe I was playing France, going for domination. I was quite shocked to see the victory screen come up when I still had two capitals to capture. :U

The only recent time I got close to timing out was in a culture victory attempt but even then I managed to win around 50 turns before that happened due to the beauty of Cult of Personality.

I've never seen a victory not happen by 2050 anyway, but I also never leave Timed Victory on because it's completely stupid.

Top Bottom