Topless Female Cop Lured Men in Police Sting

That's plain and simple entrapment. Any half decent defense attorney would be able to get this case thrown out, and get a good civil suit in against the police department.

Yea, that would seem common sense like. To bad the courts still found him guilty. Let alone any chance of civil suit.

At Garrison's trial, his attorney argued that it was a case of entrapment. "Columbus police utilized this topless woman to snare this man," said Sam Shamansky. "He sees her day after day. He's not some seedy pervert."

The argument failed to sway a Franklin County Municipal Court jury that found Garrison guilty of public indecency last month. He was ordered to stay away from the park, placed on a year's probation and fined $250. Currently, Garrison remains on paid desk duty while the fire department conducts an internal investigation into his behavior.

There whole legal system seems messed up. You have cops doing these illegal stings, and the courts finding people guilty of a crime they would of never even thought about doing in the first place if the cops weren't using half naked woman to talk them in to it in the 1st place.

If a police sting isn't catching people who normally commit crime, then they aren't fighting crime, their making crime. This should be common sense.

I've made it well known: I'm not going to sit here and say that I'll ever do anything to harm or obstruct a law enforcement officer in his/her duties, but I might say that if... IF I'm ever in the situation to potentially assist one - I probably won't.

2-way street. They've earned no favors from me. Most of them only become cops in the first place so they can screw with peoples' lives.

We need to form a countersting. OT's sexiest mormon (sry Eran) and Columbus resident must seduce these women without breaking any laws, then dump' em like they've never been dumped before! GO GET 'EM DOWNTOWN!

In Soviet Russia, cops kill you...

In America, they only

Yeah, and really -long term- there is only one solution; don't live in either place.

So, if anyone feels like listing countries that are not blanketed by a fascist, Gestapo-like police force... feel free to do so, so I can contemplate my retirement location(s).

Surely there's got to be at least one or two good places out there, where the cops are not sadistic. I've heard English cops are pretty good. What about France?

Yeah, and really -long term- there is only one solution; don't live in either place.

So, if anyone feels like listing countries that are not blanketed by a fascist, Gestapo-like police force... feel free to do so, so I can contemplate my retirement location(s).

Surely there's got to be at least one or two good places out there, where the cops are not sadistic. I've heard English cops are pretty good. What about France?
Sure because american is safer then everywhere else!

The only thing the police did wrong was instead of using topless women they should have used unaged boys ... in washington ..... congress !!!! :D

The only thing the police did wrong was instead of using topless women they should have used unaged boys ... in washington ..... congress !!!! :D

Give them a blackberry for IM'ing maf54.

Unless all the people who was arrested had a prior history to indecent exposure and therefore a 'likelihood' of commiting it, this is a pretty good example of illegal entrapment. Also, don't the police have better things to do than use their one single female token cop as a form of sex bait?

So isn't this entrapment? =P Thread was over a long time ago.

If a police car flashes its lights at me, I stop as I am legally obliged to.

If a police officer stops me and asks me to show identity, and I have such,
I do so.

Eventually, she asked to see Garrison's penis; he unzipped his pants and complied.

So Mr Garrison merely complied with the police officer's instruction.

The concept that a person should be charged for obeying a police
officer is absurd and will inevitably result in some form of blow-back.

He should have her and the police department charged for an illegal search.

Man how low can they sink?? I mean, this is just corruption, surely. The sort of thing that happens in Soviet Russia indeed...

This reminds me, once I saw a HBO documentary about hookers (what else?) and they were saying, since them and their johns had taken to touching each others genitalia (way beyond flashing then) to prove to one another that neither of them are undercover cops (they did this while negotiating a price, and before the act itself), the undercover cops had started doing the same.

Awesome, huh?
Undercover female cop grabbing mens junk so they would be sure she wasn't a cop so she could bust them. :D

Something very wrong and very hilarious about that scenario.

I hope some screenwriter for countless US police series sees this and the story finally gets the visual treatment it deserves on TV.

This is such totally entrapment. The cop induced the person to commit the crime whereas otherwise he wouldn't have.

That is wrong on so many levels...

Btw, everybody who thinks this guy is innocent due to entrapment (and I do as well, btw) should be fervent Randy Weaver supporters.

Top Bottom