True Start Location Earth Maps

Hmmm...... Kael mentioned something about this. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is:

Workaround: The save games are still saved in the "..\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModdedSaves" directory. You can manually load them by double clicking the save file form that directory.

BTW, you just highlighted you don't read instructions. ;)

That's been in the OP all along.

Still kind of irrelevant since most people downloading the mod will not be reading your instructions here on this forum.

Also, a player has to activate "turn on" the mod THEN they have to "tick" (sheesh who uses the word tick in replacement of click) on load scenario, and THEN you're going to have people tempted to go to advanced options which is what I did and that screws everything up, so this is an absolute mess for new people. Once they figure it out it will be easy for them, but initially a lot of people are going to mess this up and that can only be blamed on the game design. Who beta tested this and gave poor feedback :) j/k. There are a lot of words all over the screen and so the "load scenario" button doesn't stand out enough. Might want to add another "load scenario" button on the advanced options screen too, just to be on the safe side. Doesn't matter what kind of excuse you want to throw out, the bottom line is I can guarantee you lots and lots of people are going to mess this up initially. Oh well, they'll figure it out after a few tries.

Also, that part where you have to activate the mod by clicking that small little circle. Lots of people are going to miss that too. That definitely can be improved.

Not user-friendly at all.

Still though, Dale this is a good map, it should make lots of people very happy.

Also, I think a better spot for the "load scenario" button would be directly next to the START game button.

Did you install Steam/CiV on anything other than your C: drive? I did and I can't install any mods either.

When you attempted to download the mods, did it say it completed download? I know mine was frozen for a few minutes on "connecting". I can't remember if it automatically installed or if I had to click on something to manually install it.

Still kind of irrelevant since most people downloading the mod will not be reading your instructions here on this forum.

Also, a player has to activate "turn on" the mod THEN they have to "tick" (sheesh who uses the word tick in replacement of click) on load scenario, and THEN you're going to have people tempted to go to advanced options which is what I did and that screws everything up, so this is an absolute mess for new people. Once they figure it out it will be easy for them, but initially a lot of people are going to mess this up and that can only be blamed on the game design. Who beta tested this and gave poor feedback :) j/k. There are a lot of words all over the screen and so the "load scenario" button doesn't stand out enough. Might want to add another "load scenario" button on the advanced options screen too, just to be on the safe side. Doesn't matter what kind of excuse you want to throw out, the bottom line is I can guarantee you lots and lots of people are going to mess this up initially. Oh well, they'll figure it out after a few tries.

Also, that part where you have to activate the mod by clicking that small little circle. Lots of people are going to miss that too. That definitely can be improved.

Not user-friendly at all.

Still though, Dale this is a good map, it should make lots of people very happy.

Also, I think a better spot for the "load scenario" button would be directly next to the START game button.

you are 100% correct. I probably have 100 mods installed for Civ4, I created about 4 of them. I still had trouble figuring this out, mainly because of the "custom game" and "setup game" options are not very clear, I guess everybody will just have to deal with it and figure it out on their own like you said, because only poor game design can be attributed to this problem.

I was wondering Dale, is this some map script? It appears the actual tiles were the same, but I started 2 separate games as England, one game I had horses and another I didn't, but both times I played the RSL Huge Earth.... just curious.

Great work, Dale! How many civs and city states does the huge map have? Thanks!

I keep getting a game freeze with these TSL maps. I'm playing on standard size. Last night, I watched Oslo attack it's own units, which is when the game froze. This started after the city states ganged up on Arabia. Problem is, Oslo was an ally of Arabia but also joined the city state alliance.

Have never seen this playing regular Civ V maps.

Strategyonly:
No, notepad won't work.

Kruelgor:
I got no say in the mod interface. You'll have to post it at 2K forums to be passed onto the devs.

Shiggs:
The maps have random resources turned on. That's why it appears different each time.

Elhoim:
All of them! Oh hang on, I think there's a couple CS's like Florence, Genoa, Monaco and Sidon (or Tyre) that sit on top of existing ones which I didn't add.

dragonmetal:
Due to the number of Civs/CS's on the map some of them repeat colours. That's why it probably seemed like they were attacking themselves.

Lordevan:
Yes there's a few there (I think duel only has 5 or 6).

I am not very used to Civ mods (and especially not to Civ5 Mods with Civ5 releasing in 3 hours) so I got a few questions:
1. Can you play this Scenario in Multiplayer? I heared that you can't play the earth script there.
2. Are the ressources random every time you start?
3. Did anyone who played it experience issues with their starting location in regards to fairness?

Im confused, i thought they hadnt released any mod or mapmaking tools yet, how are you editing stuff like this?

I placed the mod file in the proper folder. I started Civ5 and it crashed before I got to the menu screen.

Anyone else have this problem?

Top Bottom