TSG43 Game in Progress

Conquering the continent on turn 75 as Tabarnak did is too quick, rather.

Took a chance and hoped for a pangea map :( Of course it was too fast...i didnt focus on science and growth until very late. But i blame my scouting advisor for this mess :D

One of the local city states wants Manila bullied. There is no Manila on or off our continent, so I take this as a hint of where our invasion force should go. We need to use every bit of info. ;)

Incredible game!

I didn't even know if I wanted to start this one, however I just gave it just a shot. I am not a super early warmonger, normally I wait till I can get some tech-wise military advantage and attack then. Moreover, I have never tried the Huns, but I read some posts here regarding their strength. So I just did what I normally never do: Attack super early.

The output was quite surprising. I conquered my continent in 60 turns... :king:

Spoiler :

I had super mega luck of course! My starting warrior went south and picked up three ruins. The last one upgraded him into a battering ram. I scouted with this unit a little bit to the west and found Britain. No significant border expansions meant, that I could declare and attack the citiy in the same turn. The next turn, the city was mine... I think it was like turn 8 or so... :D

My capital build order was:
Scout
Monument
Granary (with all the wheat...)
and then constantly Horse Archers...

SP-wise I went honor first and completed the left side
After that I opened liberty since I think I am going to do some settling on my continent soon... :D

This start was way too good. I know that I will screw up the rest, but the start was fun :D

Went full Honour

Conquered the continent at t75, left haile with 2 cities, where he is now building wonders like crazy

science and gold was low (maintenance courthouse is 4!). got only to astronomy at t140.

one army goes west and one army goes east, both armies are still ancient. maybe will upgrade them on the other continent after first city.

Is it too late to post here? I played the first 100 turns just so I could learn from the experience. I almost never play the warmonger, so this was a first for me. And I normally play on Emperor to boot; I have lots of trouble competing on Immortal.

Anyway, I'm pretty clueless about the diplomatic aspects of warmongering, and that showed big-time here. I got a battering ram upgrade, but I wasn't sure whether it alone could take a city for me, so I teched toward the Horse Archers and Rams so that I could go on an Ancient Era offensive. I guess the best target was England, since London is close and is in favorable terrain. But, being clueless, I thought Alex would be more likely to DOW me first, so I went after him instead. (Also, he had the temerity to settle just south of my capitol.) I guess this was a mistake.

What's more, I Friended Alex before I DOWd him -- and I never denounced him, either. That seemed to earn me a reputation as a warmonger. What's the right way to start a war? Avoid Friendship; Denounce; then wait a turn before Declaring War?

Anyway, I did seize 2 or 3 cities from Alex, but England joined the war on his side, as did the Mayans. I managed to hold on, and I got peace for a while -- but then the Brits and Ethiopians ganged up on me and took back one city. (I was impressed that the AI built tons and tons of Pikemen, which shredded my Horse Archers if I allowed them to get within range.) I could play on, but it feels a bit hopeless.

Was great fun, but I need to learn the diplomatic aspects of warmongering. I should not Friend, then Denounce, then Declare War?

I started this last night and played about 100 turns; posting this from memory after not enough sleep. ;) Forgot that it was a domination game (thought it was diplomacy) but I don't think I would have played much different. I moved my warrior south and saw that it was better land there, then moved my settler south along the river and settled on turn 1. I got a lots of ruins, some of them worthless (show barbs) but I did get upgraded to a ram and I got a culture ruin. Opened Tradition, then went Honor (left side), then back to Tradition.

I stole a worker from Maya. Didn't think I could take London with just a ram because she had lots of warriors and archers, so I teched to wheel and built horse archers. I captured London w/o much trouble, then gave Liz peace because Pacal had declared on her and I wanted the opportunity later to liberate her if I want to. I settled into building up my infrastructure while teching Writing, Calendar, and on towards iron. My production was really good, so I built Stonehenge and Pyramids. I see a really good spot for a city by Mt Fuji, but I don't think I can defend it so I don't build a settler. Even with Stonehenge and 2 shrines I didn't get to found a religion; I barely got a pantheon.

Somewhere around turn 85, Ethiopia backstabs me and attacks with a vast sea of pikes and archers and a few composite bows (mostly pikes) I think one of my HA's and one of my rams died on his initial assault. Good thing I had walls. It was pretty exciting, but eventually I fought him off and started chasing him back. He builds the Great Wall, but I attack into it anyway and take a city. Pacal declares war on Ethiopia (he seems to like having me soften up the other civ then he joins in.) I traded open borders with him because otherwise that city I just captured cuts him off from all of Hallie's other cities (he has quite a few.) I don't know if that was a good idea or not, I don't trust Pacal but for now he's friendly. I need to get a few more HA's leveled-up to Logistics so they can shoot and scoot.

Meanwhile, Alex keeps popping up on my screen to insult me.

I can't figure out how promotion saving works. That would be really handy on rams. I'll try to look that up.

Top Bottom