Tubs' christmas wish 3-men cage match

Beorn-eL-Feared

Idiot riding pedals
Alright, so this thread will be for the 3-men, no-AI, AW match. DaveShack, please confirm you wanted in this, I might be assuming you're in wrongly.

I take it we have
Tubs: China,
Dave: Celts,
Beorn: Sum Rome ?

I posted earlier in the "Organising..." thread that I wanted sumeria but that was in the spirit of a 5-man MTDG civs game; for AW I'd be more inclined to take something else. Tubs made it loud that he wanted China, Dave, any other picks for you ?

Needed things:
-map settings
-map maker
-spoiler threads
-leader name details

My take on the map:
I'm for a pangea setting, archipelago would make it a whole different story. Maybe a donut shaped hub-type map?
Also, no cheesy 'all ressources are everywhere' map. SoZ as in this game (300s, no ressource). Barbs in, any amount you see fit.

I'm cool with whatever.. I used to only play all random, even the civ, but those people are few and far between so I'm getting used to hand made stuff

Spoiler Ethan's ramblings :

ut bnyt yct vfr yt cverg5 v5ebv65 bnh6 nujm .p;/y b5reb vtrrrrbnyrt bn56bn86789m ,nb n6ybn67b5tb nuyb nmu7y7b nt6u8 bnib nm bub nytt cved bvyjc r bvrb nmh7t 6jm8j6hr5 nj866 bn7k\'.?

I take it Ethan likes numbers a lot.

Random map is alright, although making sure the starts are the least bit balanced is a plus.

yeah.. I've found ou that completely random starts on a MP game isn't always fair. I had a PBEM with grs and we had continents and we started on the same one and he got in the middle of a swamp. I didn't get a power start, but it was better than his.

Um...what IS a cage match? :confused:

It's a bunch of big wrestlers, in a gigantic cage, fighting.

so should I try to recruit a map-maker? or have you started the interview process B?

ThERat and I would join but we'd like to get Greebley and Ynnek (and Wotan if he's around) in a game too.

Whomp, I have your map set up now. it's a balanced map that would be good for the MTDG noobs.. I think that this game is more about just kicking each others' tails

I was certain I replied earlier - must've forgot to push the post reply button.

so should I try to recruit a map-maker? or have you started the interview process B?
Yes, I was using wishful thinking towards the end of having a mapmaker popping out of the sky for us. Hasn't worked out so far, but it has for the 5-men, and it will if the other 3-men gets up and about.

ok.. I'll check with people tomorrow.

If you want i'm happy to provide a map for you guys, if you don't mind a bit of a noob doing it

well I'm a noob too at building maps.. but I try REALLY hard. Go for it Robi

And it shows, I think your last one was great :thumbsup:

Ok, how surprised do you want to be.

well if we tell you that we want to be very surprised then we'll be expecting surprises which will nullify the surprise.

just surprise us :p ...even with no surprises.

be creative and make a wonderful world for all to see.

I was meaning more along the lines symmetry and stuff, but i will let my imagaination go to work. Give me a couple of days and i'll have it for you to kick off before the weekend

well the thing is that we won't know it's symmetrical until we explore quite a bit. The only thing that will be hard to figure out is the thing Beorn said in the 1st post....No "all resources everywhere". but also keeping it balanced so no one team is disadvantaged.

I have some ideas for a map, but I don't want to spoil your creativity.... but if someone is making a map for another game, I'd be happy to share.

I already have the base. Just a matter of the topping:)

Just a few quick questions.
Is it still AW?
Do you want the play order randomised?
Do you want me to set the passwords or do you trust each other;)
Are the civs finalised?

Top Bottom