Turn Discussion Thread

No war for us yet? Aww. ;)

Shouldn't we be building another unit in Rhea instead of an apothecary? Although I guess if we're going to give gold it's important.

We're screwed, if Cavs attack so we might as well try to build also something else in case it doesn't happen. Personally I feel they are mostly after SANCTA and I think we actually have existing NAP with them, but I don't know if that has any value anymore.

Our NAP ended at 500 AD.

Are you sure? This is from their suggestion:

::: A pact of non-aggression, effective immediately [Turn 84], and not
to be cancelled prior to the elapse of 50 game turns [Turn 134]. 20
turns notice must be given of intent to cancel; hence such notice may
not be given prior to Turn 114.
::: An open borders agreement, effective immediately upon signing, and
to be kept in effect for as long as the non-aggression pact lasts.

I'm not native English speaker or that good with law terms, but somehow it feels like we should cancel NAP 20 turns before we start hostilitites. What is your opinion on this?

btw. SANCTA preliminarily requested us to attack Cavs. I'm not sure, if that is good idea. Maybe we could look threatening :lol: and bring as large stack as possible on their border so that Cavs can't concentrate everything against SANCTA. What is your opinion?

Actually now that I read this more thoroughly Cavs have violated this because they closed their borders. Maybe we should remind them about their mistake :lol:. I think you're right after all. They don't consider our NAP valid anymore.

T155

SANCTA gets rifling in 2 turns and probably goes towards Chemistry-Steel-Astronomy after that.

I'm really not sure what we should be doing. Should we build couple of settlers and workers or concentrate totally on war. We could draft a huge army of rifles and try to capture and hold the Cavaleiros border city. However our production is still pathetic so we wouldn't be able to build much Siege in a reasonable timeframe. Any opinions?

Spoiler :

Attachments

• th_Civ4ScreenShot0510.jpg
    th_Civ4ScreenShot0510.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 320
  • th_Civ4ScreenShot0511.jpg
    th_Civ4ScreenShot0511.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 310
  • th_Civ4ScreenShot0512.jpg
    th_Civ4ScreenShot0512.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 271
  • th_Civ4ScreenShot0513.jpg
    th_Civ4ScreenShot0513.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 291
  • th_Civ4ScreenShot0514.jpg
    th_Civ4ScreenShot0514.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 303
  • th_Civ4ScreenShot0515.jpg
    th_Civ4ScreenShot0515.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 279
I never knew you were't a native english speaker. What native language do you speak?

And about the game, I think we should be building trebuchets but drafting rifles (this is generally recommended with high tech but low production).

They didn't break their NAP, because it was only valid until turn 134.

T156

Tech situation looks bad. Others have Rifling+Nationalism also. Cavs will have huge drafting potential. Most of our production is directed towards military, but we won't have much of a chance when Cavs start drafting. Our only chance would be that SANCTA somehow could do very well against Kazs and kill them very fast. However I doubt they can do this.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• th_Civ4ScreenShot0512.jpg
    th_Civ4ScreenShot0512.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 300
  • th_Civ4ScreenShot0511.jpg
    th_Civ4ScreenShot0511.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 272
  • th_Civ4ScreenShot0510.jpg
    th_Civ4ScreenShot0510.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 293
  • th_Civ4ScreenShot0513.jpg
    th_Civ4ScreenShot0513.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 266
My opinion is to Put all to military, if cav dow us we need to hold them as long as possible, and hope Sancta could eventuely help us...

What would be benefit of this ?

ok i have read Diplo thread and i see it, so yeap lets distract them

btw does MS have some acces to us ? should we be afraid of some backstab from sea ?

T157

I started drafting rifles from the cities furhtest away from Cavs and several cities are building siege. I've bad feeling that our attack won't end well, but better that way than to wait SANCTA to get killed. I didn't yet count, but we probably can collect ~10 Rifles and 5 Cats in 5 turns. Let's hope it is enough to take the chokepoint city.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• th_Civ4ScreenShot0516.jpg
    th_Civ4ScreenShot0516.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 299
  • th_Civ4ScreenShot0517.jpg
    th_Civ4ScreenShot0517.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 286
  • th_Civ4ScreenShot0518.jpg
    th_Civ4ScreenShot0518.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 264
What about some contract with Sancta, which would tell if we are going to be totaly destroyed by cav they have to put all effort to stop it even if it would mean they are not going to completly kil Kaz ??..

I mean if kaz would have only few cities left and we would really need help, santca would leave kaz alone and help us..

i thing it could be somehow aranged since we are going to do Gamebraking risk with Dowing cav..

Nothing has happened in 2 weeks. In some thread there wassomething from where I suspect that Cavs has made a dispute against SANCTA that is under investigation by CFC staff, but I don't know any details.

I did play our turn. Drafted 3 units, but there aren't much we can do militarily to assist SANCTA and now when Memphus is probably giving up I'm not sure what will happen. Probably only way to get up from this position is total rearrangement of the diplomacy to take Cavs down.

DMOC, don't give up yet. Ronnie1 has taken over the SANCTA. If I've understood correctly, he is running the team alone now.

Top Bottom