Turnplay Log

Argghhhh... I was being lazy because it's 1am, but if you are at work... well then, you must be bored s4!tless. Check the archive, and dotmap to your hearts content.

Wish we were silent again?

Thanks Sweet, you 'da man. Unless you're a woman, then you're not.

Turn 43

The settler's on his way to his new home, and Bubba has probably reached the far side of the isthmus.

Mistakes made:
Forgot to change London's name again.
Didn't MM so that the warrior build would coincide with pop. :(
Warrior 1 turn, pop 4. If we max commerce next go.... ??

Civ4ScreenShot0050.JPGCiv4ScreenShot0051.JPG

Turn 44

I made an executive (who made me an executive, you say?) decision to rename London Balderdash. It just jumped out at me....
MMed so that pop coincides with warrior, which cut 1 turn off pottery, btw.
The worker will take about 5 turns, and lighthouse about 8, even faster after pop to 5.

The settler has reached position and will settle next go, Billy Bob is one step behind, the road is almost finished, and the wheat farm is to go in next. Skynyrd STILL asleep... maybe after settle he can go to town to heal. Bubba still has the pioneering spirit.

Check out the leaderboard!

Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPGCiv4ScreenShot0057.JPG

Turn 45

Ahem.. big announcement..

Allow me to introduce the envoy of The Leader, Dark Puma.

Civ4ScreenShot0064.JPG
(Yes, they are gems next to Bubba)

Hamburger was settled, and a barracks was started, as was the wheat farm.
The new warrior is out next go, so commerce was maxed again in Balderdash.

Civ4ScreenShot0059.JPG

Turn 46....

Hamburger and Balderdash were connected.
I fortified Billy Bob in Hamburger.
I couldn't see Dark Puma, so I moved Bubba further north and revealed more water plus copper and bananas.
I renamed the warrior in Balderdash to 'Scooter' and fortified him.

Bubba's holiday snaps:

More screenshots in their appropriate places.

Turn 47

A turn that could only be described as routine. Pottery is finished, mmed Balders so its myst in 4, worker in 4, Hamburger's wheat farm in 4. Billy Bob is wandering, Skynyrd STILL healing. It's going to be a quiet 2 or 3 turns, I think, unless Bubba finds something, although...
Civ4ScreenShot0065.JPG
We are solidly in 2nd.

Turn 48 2080BC

zzzzzzzz.. I did warn you ;)

Subtract 1 from the numbers in the lastpost (except position, of course :))
Bubba found gems, Billy Bob found floodplains.

Civ4ScreenShot0067.JPGCiv4ScreenShot0068.JPG

Turn 49 2040BC

Minus 1 from everything we are waiting on again.
Today's word of the day: "Exploration"

Skynyrd finally woke up, Billy Bob is heading west also (although if Dark Puma is on his way, he shouldn't go too far, probably) and Bubba is a juggernaut. See a hut and various resources. A desert city with flood plains and cows is looking interesting.

Civ4ScreenShot0070.JPGCiv4ScreenShot0071.JPG

Turn 50 (yeee-hah!) 2000BC
Not much action - Balderdash's culture popped, Billy Bob saw a lion which disappeared into the fog. But everything finished after I pressed enter, so we'll have pottery, a new worker, and a hut popped by Skynyrd. You'll notice the points don't look so bad anymore. :thumbsup:

Civ4ScreenShot0074.JPG

Turn 51, 1960 BC

Mysticism discovered
Started researching Masonry
Moved new worker to hills 2S of Balderdash
Moved worker near Hamburger to grass 1S of Hamburger and started cottage
Billy Bob climbed the hill nearby to see what he could see. And what he saw was wheat and tribal huts.
Skynard visited the tribal huts near him and those kindly people gave him experience
Bubba moved west and saw the sea.

I'll post screenies in the Internal Affairs and Central Inteligents threads

Turn 52, 1920BC

London -- I mean, Balderdash! -- swapped to a settler, due in 10ish turns
Hamburger swapped to an Obelisk, due in 15

Worker roaded the hill.
Since Skynard already had Wood I, I gave him Wood II and moved him a little farther through the forests.
Billy Bob moved towards the tribal hut, staying on the forest
Bubba moved north so he could take advantage of that forested hill for an extra movement next round.

We didn't really find anything, so I'm not going to bother with screenshots of terrain. However, check out Central Intelligents for a round of speculation! (If people really want screenshots, I can post.)

pindicator said:
(If people really want screenshots, I can post.)

We live for screenshots!

Er... Some of us, do. :lol:

Even some of us who aren't on the team! :mischief:

Skipping a turn is OK, I suppose, but don't go too long in the dark!

- Sirian

A couple turns w/o screens makes speculation more fun.

So for discussion purposes, Sirian, where do you think the best resources are? Just for discussion purposes...:mischief:

Most are probably on the land. Although... Wait. Maybe some could be at sea.

:p

- Sirian

Billy Bob avoids the hut since we're 2 turns from getting masonry. I move him SW.
Lynard moves along the forests SW and SE and locates some deer.
While I do that I try to mark the spot and end up moving Bubba S instead.:confused: Grrr. Sorry.
Our worker finishes the road on the hill.

We're at 0g and -1gpt at 100% science. We're due in 2 but I think it's better to wait on the hut till we finish masonry. A free tech here would be nice.

Notice on the power graph that The Leader dropped a notch. They must've lost a unit. I wonder if it was the Puma guy. We are stronger than them in all categories right now. GDP, Mfg Prod., Crop Yield (big time) and power.

A satelite photo to keep "the Sirian" happy. Must always keep the Sirian happy. :mischief:

Turn 54

Umm...I moved on to that hut and the natives turned out to be hostile! As I can't move before they attack I've promoted to Combat II and fortified.

I started a mine.

Screenie of Balderdash:
balderdash.jpg

Turn 55: Worker finishes a cottage at Hamburger and starts a road (in 2) since it will be needed for porkers. Shift a tile at Hamburger from forest grass to the cottage. Wake Skynard who was fortified and move him along the forests for two moves. .He ends up next on tundra next to a hut and is two tiles away from a wolf. I upgrade him to combat 1 along with his woodsman II. This guarantees a winner.

Billy Bob survived the barb attack but is at 1.0/2.0. I move him off the desert to a forest tile for extra defense. Bubba was on a "go to" move so I stop that.

Shave a turn off the settler build in Balderdash to 6 by moving off the commerce ocean tile to a grass forest.
We will get masonry next turn so on to metal casting.

We are beating the leader in mfg goods, power, gnp and big time in crop yield.

T56

Here's Bubba

The other wanderers are recovering from their wounds in the closest forest. Skynrd I think it is (in the south west) has a hut to pop once he's healthy again.

All the news that's fit to print

And we have revolted to slavery.

Make sure the research is set to Masonry when we come back.

why are we researching Writing? We're getting a deal with The Leader to get Writing and alpha for the metal stuff.

Top Bottom