Turns 80-100

what's interesting is that team Free has been tracking along with us in score. They are likely the ones that have been claiming the land lead while we were sending settlers off-shore. But now we have the land lead back. Pretty soon everyone will run out of land on their starting island and be looking to the islands that we have already claimed. Poor Saber will be kicking themselves once our galley drops off settlers on not one but two of the 1-tilers next to their main island.

RE: ginger. Should it be building a harbor? what about a worker or a settler or even a warrior? This is more of a question as opposed to a suggestion.

Free has Kuningas on the team. We have played on the same SGOTM team in the past and have similar focus on city management.

Ginger should definitely focus on a Harbour, we want the ivory connected ASAP. An additional Settler and a Worker will be picked up in three turns and moved to settle the hill next to the GH and start improving the island with roads. When LF finish the GLH it should build a Harbour and when that is ready we should rush the harbour in Ginger. the extra lux will pay for the rushed harbour fairly quick.

I just noticed the nice Pony stationed outside of Scarlett Johanason :goodjob:

The one tiler is hardly worthy of full island status, islet maybe ;)
Maybe we should take this to the "save ThERat" thread? But I can't resist a reply:
In that case we only have one island and an islet and a "Continent". :lol:

Wotan said:
Maybe we should take this to the "save ThERat" thread?
meh... insanity is bound to spill over.

Maybe we should take this to the "save ThERat" thread? But I can't resist a reply:

Touche :)

meh... insanity is bound to spill over.

I think with us its the opposite, Insanity rules with reason occasionally spilling over

Right now the next six turns are of extreme importance for our future plans. I wish the other teams understand why we want them played rapidly. :D Or maybe better they just play them fast without understanding the urgency. ;)

not to be a dunce... but why do we need them played quickly? and what happens in 6 turns? (Republic is in 8... GLH is still a ways a way correct- 16 according to the screenie?)

Thats nothing, a team now in civ4 isdg has been sitting on the save for nearly a week. still nothing happening despite 2 e-mails to the admins.

Thats nothing, a team now in civ4 isdg has been sitting on the save for nearly a week. still nothing happening despite 2 e-mails to the admins.

6 turns to go on the GLH, 70 shields missing and we make 11 next turn and then 12 for four turns until the final turn is back at 11 for a total of 70. We are playing a little cloaking game with SABER using the GLib as a cover until the very last turn.

Since we only get info on GWs under construction for the teams we have met there is still a risk someone might beat us to it. That is why I want the next few turns over and done with. So we can fully focus on building our invasion fleet and liberate SABERland.

But I can't resist a reply:

Okay, Continent, Island and inContinent

if things turn out well, we will have 2 continents, 4 isles and 1 Island...good enough?

agree on rushing the harbor if we can connect ivory to our mainland then prior to navigation (which I am still unsure) edit: after checking the save, I think ivory will be connected as there are no ocean tiles separating the Island from our continent

May suggest that we use the galley that will pick up a worker/settler to then explore round that island and maybe get more contacts up soonish. From there, we should have access to other teams for sure

I agree with sending the galley exploring beyond OUR Island after it brings up some reinforcements. I'd also say that the galley to the south should go exploring that way (I'm assuming what that is doing, but it's hard to keep up; Gma is trying to kill me with the volume of reading required on her SG).

Also, where will we be rallying our invasion force? I guess we should keep most of the MW inland just out of habit so that no other future galley's would spot them. Alghough the galley's will be tougher to hide.

Would it be prudent to have a ralley point in the ocean after we get the Great Lighthouse? Ocean squares should be safe from prying eyes for awhile.

Just a thought.

could we not land a city on isle of saber a few turns before the invasion?

I think we should do that, I meant in the meantime. IF Saber gets a boat across the ocean and runs upon a city with 14 galleys and a bunch of MW they might get a wee bit suspicious.

I was just pondering operational security while we are building up.

My thought was keep most of the MW inland so they are invisible from the shore, and (maybee) put our galley stack on an ocean tile where they would be invisilbe (and I'm assuming safe with the GLH) until they are needed.

I'm just trying to be paranoid.

you can. it's the biggest defender in the city. So a spearman would cover anything we have until pikes

Top Bottom