Turns 80-100

That's what I get for playing CIV at the same time :blush:

Ocean is not safe but sea is, with the GLH.

Galley on south coast is planning to move towards SABER to gain one turn by ship chaining. Another Galley will finish in 5 turns in time to cross the southern sea passage when we have the GLH. No need for the current Galley to sit idle until then when it can help shorten the time it takes for our Settlers to reach the islets off SABER coast.

And our first major project is finished:

GLH is 5 turns from a nice pic.
Republic in 7 turns.
SABER still missing the three techs.

did improved corruption increase our shields and gold or was it about the same?

Sure did, corruption reduced by 5 gold and we gained a couple of shields. Still not that great an effect but will definitely help us when the towns start growing. that is roughly 5% BTW.

I started to wonder about the makeup of the world... I superimposed a part of the known world into the blackness that is not known and came up with this future map....

I attempted to edit the minimap to fit 5 of our continent onto it, but the end result looked terrible...however, there isn't much space in any direction, so once we have GLH, we should go southwest and northwest to meet more folks...

I am trying to open the save to follow what you're doing, Wotan, so I can jump in just in case

edit: Tubby, your minimap looks so much better than what I attempted

I suspect that the resource isles are to the SE (and NW) of each continent. it might be worth it to see if we could get some access to the one to our SE as well as the ones SE of the orange continent and to the NW of the mystery continent

I can't believe that there are many resource Islands...it's just too crammed...you know that if we move southeast, we are close to Saber land again...

I suspect that this resource Island has resources for all of us, that are missing from the home continent. Like for us, we lack iron, so there might just be saltpeter as well or coal.

btw, is the rule of the game that we can't deny access to the Isle by blocking all coastal tiles? I can foresee a war for that Island, if the resources are really crucial

Here's the entire world... resource isles are circled in green

btw, that last version I did... I used the minimap and the final picture is a larger scale but the hieght-width ratio is the exact same scale as the mini-map.

so based off of this, we need to deny Saber their NW resource isle by settling it post haste ... imo

Looking at this a little more... I don't think that we need to explore to the SW. Try to follow me here.

Our resource isle is to the SE of Continent #1. WE should be able to continue to the NW of our resource isle and get accross to Continent #1. Then scoot to the SE of Continent #1 to meet continent #2.

That would free up the galley in the south to wait for a settler and claim the resource isle to our SE (Saber's NW).

I think Tubby's proposal is reasonable.

And assuming the general accuracy of his map, I have a question.

What are we doing with Saber's land? Are we simply science farming it (that is a phrase I have heard but don't understand). Are we going to palace jump and actually try to have TWO production bases? Are we just going to raze it, get a bunch of veteran troops and then repeat the operation?

And I agree with Tubby, we really should try to go SE and see if there is a resource Island there. Cutting Saber off is a universal good. After all, they will be much happier under our reign - inside every Ottoman is a little Iriqois waiting to come out.

inquisitive pastor said:
What are we doing with Saber's land?
well their land only is the continent they started on. Once we conquer them, we'll be science farming most likely I'd imagine...

Spoiler definition of science farming :
Science farming is where you farm every tile for max food. Then you make excess citizens scientists. That way you can support the increased pop from the scientists and at the same time make 3 beakers per turn for science. Adding a library and a granary enhance this effect.

I'm not sure a library will support the cost of a corrupted science farm however sometimes a harbor or courthouse will help. The key to the science farm is the increase in unit support and the scientists that are supported by watering everything around the city.

Tubs those maps are really helpful to give a visual. Thanks.

After all, they will be much happier under our reign - inside every Ottoman is a little Iriqois waiting to come out.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tubs, these maps look awesome. It would also make a lot of sense, and bring a lot of props to Rik for thinking about that. It makes every continent as balanced as possible with respect with everything else.

Tubs I think it's worthwhile starting a map room thread. It would also help detailing distances for our future conquests too.

Top Bottom