Turtle Power

bvongunten

Chieftain
Hey Gang

I'm struggeling with the "Turtle Power" achievement.

As I've read ... it's possible to find some Ironclads in the early indistrual age at opponents shores, though even after providing gold & coal to opponents in a game set to start at this age I never saw a single ironclad.

Does somebody know an "elegant" way to get this achievement or is the only way to play korea a lot more times and get lucky ?!

Greeetings from Switzerland, and sorry my english ;)

Bernhard

gift Ironclad to CS and DoW.
Wow, what a great answer. I had played Korea over and over to victories in every category without evens seeing an ironclad. I read your note and got the achievement as quick as my turtle could move to the CS. Thanks! :goodjob:

Keep one Turtle Ship around, safe and non-upgraded, turn the rest into Ironclads, and just have the Turtle Ship deliver the killing blow...

This achievement is likely to be a lot harder than it was when originally developed, because the ironclad is a lot stronger than it was in vanilla (so is the Turtle Ship, but against cities rather than naval units).

Get some frigs to degrade a 'clad, then rush it with 2-3 Turtles.

I did a search on turtle power and civ5 and that brought up the Sept 2011 post and it was the a+ answer to my question. I felt obligated to thank ggmoyang for the job well done even if it was done a year ago. It was my #175 so I still 6-7 victories to complete the original set with the "general" . I wanted to get them all before doing the G&K upgrade thing.

I hope appending to an old thread is not bad behavior since good answers are still good if they still work. In my game I had 4 frigates and one turtle over the 150 exp level. The first frigate blew the iron clad to pieces in one shot so I had to reload the autosave and the 2 shot turtle did 7-8 points on the 1st shot with a kill on the second. Anticlimactic but sweet and effective.

THanks again "gg"

Top Bottom