Uighur_Caesar's Civilizations

Oh wow! I wondered when that leaderscreen would show up again, it's one of my favourites.
Nice release!

I had to give up on the game I was playing where the Taino were amongst my rivals because they became far too overpowered. In spite of only being marginally ahead of other civs in culture at most points, the Taino had managed to adopt 80 social policies when no other civ had as much as 20. Why is this? I could not work this out looking at the civ bonuses.

The huge number of social policies has made the Taino unstoppable, running my chance of a scientific victory by quickly catching up to me in science, in spite of me having been many techs a head of the second best civ for most of the game up to this point. Looking at graphs on info addicts, it is clear that the Taino very suddenly became very dominant in all demographics (except tourism), having previously been doing no where near so well.

What is happening?

That's probably due to a glitch with the dummy policy. I used a dummy policy to provide the +1 faith on farms during an Areyto and I guess apparently there's some kind of problem with it turning on and off can reset your social policy costs so it might be lowered from say 200 to 90 or somethinf like that randomly. Gaddafi had that issue but I fixed it with him so I'll look into it with the Taino. Thanks for letting me know. Some guy on steam say they were OP but I don't listen to steam unless they're specific lol

That's probably due to a glitch with the dummy policy. I used a dummy policy to provide the +1 faith on farms during an Areyto and I guess apparently there's some kind of problem with it turning on and off can reset your social policy costs so it might be lowered from say 200 to 90 or somethinf like that randomly. Gaddafi had that issue but I fixed it with him so I'll look into it with the Taino. Thanks for letting me know. Some guy on steam say they were OP but I don't listen to steam unless they're specific lol

Oh right, yeah that explanation definitely makes sense. I'm Glad to have made the problem slightly clearer than the guy on the steam comments, and hope that is helpful.

Yeah, there's a big difference between "OP" and "glitched." (OP implies design.)

Yeah, there's a big difference between "OP" and "glitched." (OP implies design.)

Well, over-powered in the context of a video-game implies that something is more powerful than it should be. So, logically, people should design things to be over-powered! Anyway, I suppose what is meant here is that his civ is over-powered because of a glitch.

I recall reading that there was issues with giving a civ a dummy policy and then removing it -- I suspect that when you use the usual method of providing a dummy policy, the game doesn't realize it's there (in terms of social policy costs) so when you remove the policy, the game thinks the civ now has one less policy and resets policy costs accordingly. The solution I've seen (and tried using in Future Worlds) is to replace the dummy policy with another "filler" policy that doesn't do anything, and then just switch back and forth between the dummy and the filler so the game thinks the number of social policies is correct.

At least, that's the impression I've been under. XD You said you fixed the problem already with Gaddafi, so I assume you may already have a solution in mind.

I've had a similar issue with both the Nuraghians and Denmark-Norway. You can check their respective lua full files for a workaround.

Hello! last night i finish a great game with Navarre, UA it's balanced and the unique building its veeery nice; the only issue come with the txapelgorris, when i build or purchase them, they don't take any experience from military buildings, even don't take the promotion from the heroic epic (moral).
Despite this, i enjoy much playing as the Basques, nice civ and good work, CONGRATS!!

I've had a similar issue with both the Nuraghians and Denmark-Norway. You can check their respective lua full files for a workaround.

Anywhere specific? I encountered the Taino in my game and they had waaaaay too many policies and they haven't been updated since that initial bug report.

It's kind of a pain to fix iirc since you have to add a lot of extra SetFreePolicy tags, so it's probably worth it to wait for Uighur_Caesar to fix it himself.

That said, UC, you want me to take a look at it?

Top Bottom