Un-installing/Re-installing: need help for good fresh start

civ54lyfe

Prince
Hey guys,

I believe that either bad or conflicting mods I've installed, or, maybe the patch last week didn't install correctly, but my games are all freezing at around Turn 600 - 900 (yes, I play long games). So I'm re-installing now.

But now that I'm doing this, I want to ask you guys a few Q's :

1) I don't have Temple of Artemis, Statue of Zeus as options.
2) I never have the option to faith purchase a GE. Only GS's, GP's, missionary, inquisitor.
3) No Korea.

I definitely own G&K, and I can guess that some expansion I didn't buy explains the lack of Korea? I mean, I have Inca but idk the expansion for Korea. So what do I need to have these Wonders and Korea, and to be able to faith buy a GE?

#1 Requires Ancient Wonder DLC
#3 Requires Korea DLC
If you want both; there is a bundle for that.

#2 You need the Order opener to buy GEs.

(Of note: Faith buying Great Scientists has no effect on the faith price for Great Engineers so its a super effective tactic to open Order either after finishing Rationalism or to delay the Rationalism closer if your not ready for it.)

Thanks! Had no idea GE's were an Order thing. I suppose I'll never buy GE's out b/c Order is unimpressive to me. I'll definitely buy Korea, not so sure about the Ancient Wonders DLC but I'll at least check that out.

Thanks! Had no idea GE's were an Order thing. I suppose I'll never buy GE's out b/c Order is unimpressive to me.

I took the opposite approach; the only reason I open Order is that its required to faith buy GE if another tree was required for GE I'd open that instead. (But if I get spare policies I'll go down the main path and that science for factories might shave a turn or two off of the space ship.)

I play on Immortal level and so I want to ensure I have the GEs for the end game wonders.

(By the end of the game, I'll have all of Tradition, ascetics under Patronage, all of Rationalism, and some of the main path of Order)

All three of the social trees that require Industrial era to order really suffers from that requirement. (Unless your going for a cultural victory; your probably going to win the game before completing any of those trees)

I think the ideal time for Autocracy to open would be two eras earlier (Midevil). Those going for Domination victory would then complete their first tree and then choose this and have a shot at finishing the tree before they win.

And I think the ideal time for both Order & Freedom trees to open is one era earlier (Ren.) Those wanting production would then after completing their first tree progress enough to Order to open the policy speeding up Factory production before they build factories. And Freedom was also much better in Vanilla when it opened earlier.

Hm, that is interesting. It certainly goes against the "Thou Shalt Not Mix Trees!" mantra that I've always held as a wise old adage. Those damned GE's are just so tempting that I'll probably try it out.

Hm, that is interesting. It certainly goes against the "Thou Shalt Not Mix Trees!" mantra that I've always held as a wise old adage. Those damned GE's are just so tempting that I'll probably try it out.

For the Tradition, Liberty, Honor, and Piety trees that's still the case.

"Pledge to protect" makes it highly worth while to cherry pick aesthetics out of Patronage. In Vanilla, this was a tree you'd only open if you completed.

For Rationalism, its always been the case you'd want to complete the tree if you opened it but sometimes you'd want to delay getting the two techs if you weren't in the good enough spot for them even in Vanilla.

The other bottom half policies have always been cherry picked because unless playing a Cultural victory, chances were high of not finishing the tree before winning anyway.

Top Bottom